14 Regular Season Games Left; How Many Wins?

Gangrene

There is a lot of disappointed , p*ssed Jets fans and rightly so.

Forget blaming anyone... Let's have a little fun forecasting the rest of the season.

How many wins in the remaining games of the regular season? Don't give me a range of possibilities, you have to pick a specific number.

Few thought we would squeak into the playoffs but the way we have lost the first few games has surprised most. 

For the optimists, there is always hope, that's how optimists are wired... you guys believe.

Forget the reasoning, forget injuries, rebuilding, and Covid as mitigating factors, what is your bottom line result forecast for the remainder of the season?

I'm going to go with my most optimistic number of 5 wins in the remainder of the season because we are going to get Mims and a few others off the IR in a few weeks. 

What say you between next Sunday, September 27th and Sunday January 3rd. How many Jets wins ???

Jesus we usually have these discussions in October right before Halloween. Now we having them after 2 games. We got worse after an entire off-season to make the team better. Like Bart Scott said yesterday, people are tired of being tired of making excuses for these players, coaches, and front office. The Jets have failed their fans year after year for pretty much the last decade. As a fan I foolishly wanted to believe we're headed in the right direction. Eventually we have to get it right is my thinking. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. The Jets franchise somehow finds a way to never be right over the course of a decade. The Jets will eventually lose fans. Kids won't want to root for the Jets. We're like the Yuccaneers before Dungy when they were the laughing stock of the league. It's hard to envision things changing with the same ownership and the same power structure.

3 wins seems right. We'll get some guys back and be a little better. 

The jets will be in position to get the first overall pick going into the last game of the year but will win 17-16 on a ficken field goal as time expires against a team resting their starters after frank gore runs for over a hundred yards in the game and joe flacco passes for 67 yards in the game.  They will fall to 6th  pick overall as a result.

• Upvote 3

I'm shocked, I am currently forecasting the highest win total at 5 ?

I  only watched the highlights of the Denver game, but that o line looks horrendous even if it was Pittsburgh D line they were up against. That's got to be the first Jets win...surely?

2 minutes ago, British Jet said:

Whatever the number of wins it would take to either get Lawrence, or trade that pick for a fortune...we'll get one more garbage win than it would take.

This sounds about right. However, there are so many teams with injuries and we will have a lot of guys coming off of IR in weeks 4-5, so we may catch some folks by surprise. 

I'll guess 4.  I do think our team will improve over the course of the season but I think our schedule is really difficult.  I think we'll win 1 of our next 2 games (Indy/Den).  We'll probably beat the Dolphins once.  There are a few games we should have a chance in (Cleveland, Chargers, Raiders). 

My opinion of this team definitely dropped yesterday, considering how badly we lost to SF despite the injuries they suffered.  I think we're going 1-5 in our division.

image.png.55a5ae89a0b7340b6f1519dbbfc9524e.png

At least three wins, put to 5.

They get players back, and everyone will get more motivated at the end of the season. 

Unless you are developing the QB or playing for the playoffs, in my view you should lose as many games as possible.  JD made the decision not to build a team to develop Darnold this season.   Just lose. 

1 minute ago, docdhc said:

Everyone is forgetting that the Jets always win a few meaningless games at the end of the season to torpedo our draft position. That’s as certain as death and taxes. 6 wins, 3 of which occur after we’re mathematically eliminated from the playoffs!

6?! Lmao against who? Have you watched this team? There’s no way they win 6 games. Maybe 2. Teams like the Pats, Rams, Cardinals, Seahawks, Browns, Raiders and Chargers will destroy us. 

I was (and am) one of the optimists but what I have seen so far is much worse than I thought it would be.

I did not think we would beat the Bills away but I thought we would at least compete. I thought our defense would show up. 

I did not think we would beat the Niners until they showed up with a bunch of injuries and then lost their two starting DEs (including their best pass rusher in Bosa), and their starting QB. This team, SHOULD have turned that game around when starters started dropping like flies for the 49ers, including their starting QB. And we STILL couldn't stop them, we still couldn't put points on the board and make a game of it. 

So, yeah, despite being an optimist, the situation looks like it may be a lot worse than I thought it was. I'm looking at their schedule and I don't see them beating any team other than the Broncos, Dolphins and maybe the Chargers if they can rattle their rookie QB. That's about it. So I'm going to say 3 wins and a top 3 pick. They will probably split with the Dolphins. 

• Sympathy 1

Right now it looks like we're one of the worst teams in the league. Yesterday the 49ers had key players incl their Qb drop like flies all day. And their backups destroyed us. I look at the roster and don't see a lot of quality in many positions. A good number of our players are NFL quality but there are zero impact players on the field. The Jets are a team of marginal players mixed in with practice squad guys. 

The way they look right now 0-16 feels like a real possibility but chances are they win a few. Hard to imagine they're favored in a single game though... Maybe Broncos at home in two weeks on Thursday Night. Dolphins don't look half bad.

I think 2-14 would be my guess right now, and I think that's enough for the first overall pick.

11 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

3. They’ll win 3 meaningless games and get knocked out of the top 3 so they miss out on the TL sweepstakes.

At least it will give Gase lovers something to endlessly bring up to defend how great he is. 

The Washington football team had the #2 overall pick with 3 wins after multiple teams were 'tanking'. You don't need to go winless to get the #1 overall pick.