14 Regular Season Games Left; How Many Wins?

Gangrene

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Right now it looks like we're one of the worst teams in the league. Yesterday the 49ers had key players incl their Qb drop like flies all day. And their backups destroyed us. I look at the roster and don't see a lot of quality in many positions. A good number of our players are NFL quality but there are zero impact players on the field. The Jets are a team of marginal players mixed in with practice squad guys. 

That was the single most discouraging thing about yesterday.  It's like the playing field was leveled (at least somewhat) yet they still crushed us.  And this from a team that traveled cross-country.

Gase has been an absolute disaster so far.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

3. They’ll win 3 meaningless games and get knocked out of the top 3 so they miss out on the TL sweepstakes.

At least it will give Gase lovers something to endlessly bring up to defend how great he is. 

I don't think 3-13 will get you knocked out of the top 3. I don't see more than 3 teams with 3 or fewer wins.

48 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

I'm shocked, I am currently forecasting the highest win total at 5 ?

I  only watched the highlights of the Denver game, but that o line looks horrendous even if it was Pittsburgh D line they were up against. That's got to be the first Jets win...surely?

Their defense is pretty good even with out Von Miller.  I don't see us scoring any points.

I agree with posters who state that nothing is a given with this team as currently constituted. My guess is 2 or 3 wins, probably based on at least one of those teams just having a bad turnover day or the weather being terrible and equalizing things a bit. When I look at the schedule I don't feel confident about ANY game ahead. Not one. That's just about as low as a team can get. 

I honestly think this team will struggle to reach 3 wins this season.  The green Kool-Aid was flowing with my family this past offseason, thinking we would turn the corner with a 2nd year in Gase’s system and all the ‘upgrades’ in the O-Line.  Never been so wrong in the entire 40 years I have followed these guys. After suffering through 15 minutes of the Bills game on OPENING DAY, I am sad to say that I knew this team had zero chance this season with the brutal schedule.  

What has shocked me is the Defense.  The inept Jets Offense hasn’t been enjoyable to watch since the Rex days, but our perennial Top 10 Defense has usually kept the games interesting until Halftime.  Now we have a poor Defense to compliment our bottom-feeder Offense and I am struggling to watch 1 Half of football.  We got torched by the other team’s 2nd string players yesterday and the fact of the matter is that this team remains uncompetitive.

Play-calling in the 1st 2 games reminded me of our High School JV game plan, where you are afraid to throw and just run the ball up the middle no matter what the situation is.  That 3rd&1, then same play on 4th&1 yesterday is still burning me and I have lost any hope of succeeding with these coaches under this system.  Coaches will all be fired by the end of the season and we start anew once again.

P.S. I wish that I had some of GreenBean’s optimism right now

1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

We need some guys back healthy for one thing.  We also need to see if this offense can play consistently for an entire game.  Aren't going to win a game until those two things happen.

Even healthy, f*king Joe Montana with this cast of clowns could do nothing.  Forget it.  Find another team.

3 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

As is typical - they'll win just enough to put them out of range for a premium pick. I say they finish 5-11.

5-11? I think some of you guys still don’t realize what’s going on here. This is going to be one of the worst teams of all time. There’s no way they win 5 games. 0 is very real likelihood at this point 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

5-11? I think some of you guys still don’t realize what’s going on here. This is going to be one of the worst teams of all time. There’s no way they win 5 games. 0 is very real likelihood at this point 

Denver/Vegas/one of the Miami games/Cleveland. 

Then they win a shocker game out of nowhere.

It happens EVERY ******* time. They'll win just enough not to get #1 OVR.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Then they’ll win 4 or 5. Whichever number is needed to **** the franchise right up the ass with no lube. 

Correct. 

On paper, I would guess 3 wins (split with Miami, beat Denver at home, and another random win that no one sees coming)

But this team always manages to win more than it should in lost seasons - ALWAYS. So, if you made me actually write down a number, I'd probably guess 4-12. This would guarantee that we miss out on the Lawrence. 

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

Vegas and Clevland will run circles around our defense. Did you watch the 3rd stringers in San Fran yesterday? Chubb and Hunt will be able to do whatever they want. The Dolphins team is a lot more talented than us too. I’m telling you, 1 or 2 wins max this year 

What you're saying makes logical sense but somehow the Jets will pull something out of their Gase-hole and F up the #1 overall pick.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Vegas and Clevland will run circles around our defense. Did you watch the 3rd stringers in San Fran yesterday? Chubb and Hunt will be able to do whatever they want. The Dolphins team is a lot more talented than us too. I’m telling you, 1 or 2 wins max this year 

On paper, yes. 

But we always win more games then we should. Always. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What you're saying makes logical sense but somehow the Jets will pull something out of their Gase-hole and F up the #1 overall pick.

I just don’t see it this year. Last year the defense was good, got us some wins. This year the defense is atrocious! The offense is non existent! 

Maybe 2. 

The other question is how many qtr's of football does Mims actually play this year? Does he retweak the hamstring the week of practice he comes back or 1st qtr of the game. Either way I simply don;' think we see this guy this year. Hope I am wrong but we have all seen this show before. 

This looks like a 3-13 team to me. The Broncos or Raiders games at home could be a winnable, a split with the Dolphins, and a garbage time Week 17 game against the backups of New England if they clinched a spot already. Could be in contention for the top pick depending on how bad the rest of the league is.

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

I was (and am) one of the optimists but what I have seen so far is much worse than I thought it would be.

I did not think we would beat the Bills away but I thought we would at least compete. I thought our defense would show up. 

I did not think we would beat the Niners until they showed up with a bunch of injuries and then lost their two starting DEs (including their best pass rusher in Bosa), and their starting QB. This team, SHOULD have turned that game around when starters started dropping like flies for the 49ers, including their starting QB. And we STILL couldn't stop them, we still couldn't put points on the board and make a game of it. 

So, yeah, despite being an optimist, the situation looks like it may be a lot worse than I thought it was. I'm looking at their schedule and I don't see them beating any team other than the Broncos, Dolphins and maybe the Chargers if they can rattle their rookie QB. That's about it. So I'm going to say 3 wins and a top 3 pick. They will probably split with the Dolphins. 

Well said!

2 hours ago, Gangrene said:

There is a lot of disappointed , p*ssed Jets fans and rightly so.

Forget blaming anyone... Let's have a little fun forecasting the rest of the season.

How many wins in the remaining games of the regular season? Don't give me a range of possibilities, you have to pick a specific number.

Few thought we would squeak into the playoffs but the way we have lost the first few games has surprised most. 

For the optimists, there is always hope, that's how optimists are wired... you guys believe.

Forget the reasoning, forget injuries, rebuilding, and Covid as mitigating factors, what is your bottom line result forecast for the remainder of the season?

I'm going to go with my most optimistic number of 5 wins in the remainder of the season because we are going to get Mims and a few others off the IR in a few weeks. 

What say you between next Sunday, September 27th and Sunday January 3rd. How many Jets wins ???

I see possibly one tie left on our schedule. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I don't think 3-13 will get you knocked out of the top 3. I don't see more than 3 teams with 3 or fewer wins.

Giants.  Dolphins.  Broncos.  Bengals.  I could see 3 of those teams ending up with 3 or fewer wins. 

Giants losing Barkley is enormous.  The Dolphins are fighting out there, but still suck.  The Broncos just lost their QB for 2-6 weeks.  The Bengals have lost 2 close ones to start the season, but against pretty weak competition.  COVID made this season a tough task for Burrow.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Giants.  Dolphins.  Broncos.  Bengals.  I could see 3 of those teams ending up with 3 or fewer wins. 

Giants losing Barkley is enormous.  The Dolphins are fighting out there, but still suck.  The Broncos just lost their QB for 2-6 weeks.  The Bengals have lost 2 close ones to start the season, but against pretty weak competition.  COVID made this season a tough task for Burrow.  

My guess is that one of those teams will improve down the stretch (possibly Miami - especially if Tua shines at some point), but you could be right. 

• Upvote 1