THE BARON

Is It Possible That Tanking Was The Plan ???

OK... The Jets are so bad, it gives one the idea that maybe that was the plan all along.

Do you think that JD's and even GASE's plan was to tank the season for the first overall draft pick ???

For the system Gase is wedded to, Trevor Lawrence would be a very good fit where as Darnold is a poor fit.

Is this possible ??? Are CJ, JD and AG all on the same page to TANK FOR TREVOR ???

Comments and thoughts ???

No because tanking doesn't work. Clearly JD values draft picks and didn't invest in this season knowing full well this team was not going to be a playoff contender and he wanted a high draft pick. But tanking simply doesn't work. 

• Upvote 2

Darnold actually wasn't even given a chance to do much yesterday. He executed the game Gase wasn't to play. A lot of quick passes and screens with the receivers attempting to do most of the work. Darnold did his job yesterday. The defense didn't do theirs and the offensive game plan was atrocious. It also would have been nice if Herndon caught that TD Darnold threw to him. 

According to PFF McGovern and GVR were brutal. We all watched GVR completely whiff on a 4th and short block lol.

Injuries, opt-outs, trades weren't part of a plan.

Say what you want about the roster, but at full-strength, its a lot better than whatever you're seeing at the moment. 

17 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think the ONLY area he's been willing to spend resources for 2020 was the OLine to protect his QB so that he can evaluate him and not get him killed.  

I agree with most of your post, but I don't think JD invested in the offensive line to protect Darnold. I think he did it to protect the QB he's going to pick in 2021 using some of those 10 draft picks. Makes a lot more sense try to upgrade the line the year before you select your QB and then upgrade your pass catching options since the line needs time to gel....or maybe it's just hope that JD is playing 4D chess

34 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

OK... The Jets are so bad, it gives one the idea that maybe that was the plan all along.

Do you think that JD's and even GASE's plan was to tank the season for the first overall draft pick ???

For the system Gase is wedded to, Trevor Lawrence would be a very good fit where as Darnold is a poor fit.

Is this possible ??? Are CJ, JD and AG all on the same page to TANK FOR TREVOR ???

Nothing in out of the question right now. 

Is Lawrence a good fit for Gase system ? WTF is Gase's system ? Right now after 18 games I have no idea.

If I was Lawrence I would seriously consider staying in school another year.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I agree with most of your post, but I don't think JD invested in the offensive line to protect Darnold. I think he did it to protect the QB he's going to pick in 2021 using some of those 10 draft picks. Makes a lot more sense try to upgrade the line the year before you select your QB and then upgrade your pass catching options since the line needs time to gel....or maybe it's just hope that JD is playing 4D chess

You could absolutely be correct on this.  Either way, upgrading the OLine was the correct priority.  It protects what you have now and prepares you for the future.

• Upvote 1

I don't think Douglas expected to be able to compete for a playoff spot, but I definitely do not think he planned on being a national embarrassment (and easily the worst team in the league) through two weeks. He spoke at length about the team being more competitive than last year and getting off to a better start. There is no way he is cool with our competitiveness on the field through two weeks of play. 

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Nothing in out of the question right now. 

Is Lawrence a good fit for Gase system ? WTF is Gase's system ? Right now after 18 games I have no idea.

If I was Lawrence I would seriously consider staying in school another year.

The foundation of Gase's system is very much the same system that Tom Moore used with Peyton Manning.

Here are a few of the major components. 

1. Largely static pocket with zone blocking scheme.

2. Several variations of four basic pass plays.  All depending on pre-snap read, precise rout running, perfect timing and ball placement by the QB.  All revolves around the QB finding the go-to spot in the zone *quickly*. 

3. Fast release/delivery by QB. 

4. Flood the field with multiple pass catchers to create opportunities in the zone. 

5. Mostly inside power running between the tackles. 

The idea is, you don't do a lot, but what you do, you execute to such perfection it is not defenseable.  It is a fair match for a pocket passer like Peyton Manning or perhaps Tom Brady.  Poor match for Darnold that should be matched in an offense with lots of motion, line shifts, misdirection and lots of play action. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

The foundation of Gase's system is very much the same system that Tom Moore used with Peyton Manning.

Here are a few of the major components. 

1. Largely static pocket with zone blocking scheme.

2. Several variations of four basic pass plays.  All depending on pre-snap read, precise rout running, perfect timing and ball placement by the QB.  All revolves around the QB finding the go-to spot in the zone *quickly*. 

3. Fast release/delivery by QB. 

4. Flood the field with multiple pass catchers to create opportunities in the zone. 

5. Mostly inside power running between the tackles. 

The idea is, you don't do a lot, but what you do, you execute to such perfection it is not defenseable.  It is a fair match for a pocket passer like Peyton Manning or perhaps Tom Brady.  Poor match for Darnold that should be matched in an offense with lots of motion, line shifts, misdirection and lots of play action. 

Gase's system relies on an elite QB to work. That's his system.

• Upvote 3

" Is It Possible That Tanking Was The Plan ??? "..

...do u really think anyone around here actually HAD a plan ?   :huh:

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

No because tanking doesn't work. Clearly JD values draft picks and didn't invest in this season knowing full well this team was not going to be a playoff contender and he wanted a high draft pick. But tanking simply doesn't work. 

Not for us, historically, because we don't tank properly.  But it has worked for other teams from time to time.  

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

nope

• Upvote 1

As sad as it might seem, Gase is trying to win games to save his job. 

thoughts ???

At first, natural peanut butter is kinda gross. You miss the sweetness and smooth texture from the high fructose corn syrup. Over tie, though, you realize how good the actual peanut flavor is. If you still like it a little sweet, just add some local honey. It’s good for allergies to boot!

• Haha 1

Would not be one ounce surprised if Joe Douglas goes and gets his OWN QB in 2021...very, very likely.  This is a business and that's just the reality.

Sorry.

3 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Seriously?  Do you really think this was the plan???

1 minute ago, BettyBoop said:

Seriously?  Do you really think this was the plan???

no, but htf can you be this bad ???  even a novice fan can see how bad the offense is. not just the roster, but the scheme and the play calling. 

if i was the OC, right now, I would be running a two TE offense. They have a decent line and they have two TE's they can use and no WR's and a power back in gore.   

If you are lacking WR's go heavy with two te's... Even a pop warner coach could adapt better

they are not even trying to adapt to the roster they have.  makes no sense other than they want to lose