Gase: "There Aren't Many Play Calls For 4th and 7"

BettyBoop

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

My point is that the Jets and their fans were wrong.  They listened to the media, kept the ratings-friendly head coach who clearly was ignoring the offense, and ran Schottenheimer and Sanchez out the door.  Idzik and Sporano over Tannenbaum and Schottenheimer.  Disasterous.

We have a history of targeting the wrong bad guy and letting the media get us all worked up.  It's time for that to stop.

SAR I

If Jets fans and media are targeting "the wrong bad guy" then who is the real bad guy responsible for the Jets 7-11 record in the Gase era?  If it's Dowell Loggains then Adam Gase has failed at not recognizing this guy is a problem after working with him for about 5 years and bringing him here from Miami.  Question - Is Gase too poor of a manager and talent assessor to recognize Dowell is a problem, or is he too weak to make a tough decision...... or worse, is he too stubborn to admit a problem he know he has?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

It sounds like Gore was on a rotation or was always going to come out after 3 straight plays and Gase didn't recognize the momentary importance of having Gore try to get that half yard instead of Adams. He's a bad in-game coach - he's one of those really bright scheme guys who has no feel for the flow of the game. Reminds me of a lot of bad head coaches. He's just not good at his job. 

Yes, when your O is struggling to get anything going they should have been more cognizant to give the ball to a RB who seems to always get positive yards and could have continued that drive. I know the last 2 weeks seemed bad but at the Bills we could have cut the lead to 21-17 if not for Herndon's screen play fumble and this past week we could have cut the lead to 14-10 if we put in Gore and get that first down. These were pivitol times in the game that right after that we not only miss our opportunity, but then the other teams scored TDs leaving us in too big a hole to get out of. Do these coaches not get situational and pivitol play awareness in football?. I mean every play they say is important, but some are more urgent and at more critical tikes in a game than others. I feel I could not run this offense worse than what we are seeing. I play offense in HS and multiple positions in practice and the game on O and like I said feel like I have a better mentality for offense then this team currently has. We are so bad right now that without garbage point scores we would be averaging single digits scoring through 2 games with this O.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

I cannot understand how he has a job. It’s painful. This always happens to us. 

Gase’s play calling is so bland & vanilla. all short passes and predictable runs. Darnold needs a west coast offense where he can roll out left to right & get in rhythm. He needs an Aaron Rodgers/Green Bay playbook and that’s why I begged & pleaded for Mike McCarthy to be the one the Jets hire.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

On fourth and one HE takes Gore out and gives the ball to Josh "Fresh Off The Practice Squad" Adams for no gain.  It's just one of those things???  What the hell does that even mean???

While I see the point GVR was the reason we blew it.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If Jets fans and media are targeting "the wrong bad guy" then who is the real bad guy responsible for the Jets 7-11 record in the Gase era?  If it's Dowell Loggains then Adam Gase has failed at not recognizing this guy is a problem after working with him for about 5 years and bringing him here from Miami.  Question - Is Gase too poor of a manager and talent assessor to recognize Dowell is a problem, or is he too weak to make a tough decision...... or worse, is he too stubborn to admit a problem he know he has?

It's a "brilliant offensive mind" thing.  You wouldn't understand.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I'd say there is not ONE poster here who would prioritize Gase over Darnold.

THAT being the launching point...

I think he is LITERALLY trying to make sure Sam doesn't get injured by calling all short sh*t.

That he doesn;t yet trust the OL to consistently pass-pro at an adequate level to let deeper outes develop.

Douglas' " We will protect you baby" and all....

2 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Really?  How many play calls are there for 3rd and 31?

Gotta give Gase credit, he's the only offensive coordinator that could successfully run a play action on 4th and 7 because he's also the only OC dumb enough to run the ball on 4th and 7..

Gase playing chess while the rest of us are playing checkers

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Gase is a loser who goes into situations with an attitude like this frequently. He is defeated by the idea of a situation and plays things safe/scared because he's already accepted defeat. Big time loser. Go back and listen to his press conferences and you'll hear the same theme time and time again.

Listen to his comments about facing good defenses or opponents. They sound a lot like him referring to a difficult game situation. Says garbage like this all the time.

His main objective against the 49ers was probably to not turn the ball over on offense. Did you see us attacking at all? Nah - it was let's try not to make mistakes because these guys are good.

Get him the F out of here.

I agree with everything your post.

This guy is actually worse than Bowles...much worse.  I never thought I would be able to say that about a HC.

I really don’t understand how Gase has been able to secure 1 of only 32 jobs in the world...TWICE.

A finger pointer, never takes the rap for anything, personally never played football higher than high school level.

Touted Offensive “genius” but the numbers, outside of Peyton Manning, say he’s the opposite.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ryan, Rex

Idzik, John

Maccagnan, Michael

SAR I

Ok, so your premise is that no one currently employed by the team has any responsibility for what we have witnessed through 2 weeks of play in 2020, or more generally, the past 18 games?  

How long do you think before you make these posts? 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

He never, ever looks like he is "in the game" when they show him on the sidelines.  He is always staring at his chart and seems in a world of his own.

This winds me up too....he’s a head coach and should be coaching the team, get an actual OC in and let him build the offence.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

If Rex Ryan was allowed to scapegoat Brian Schottenheimer without Jets fans uttering a word of disagreement, then Adam Gase can scapetoat Dowell Loggains and Jets fans can similarly keep quiet.

Looking back, we should have kicked Rex to the curb, kept Tannenbaum, promoted Schottenheimer, and gave him time to develop Mark Sanchez.  Hell, turns out he could have taken 10 years to try to get something out of Mark and we'd be in a better situation than we are now. 

This franchise went to pot the moment Tanny and Schotty were sacrificed for Rex.  You Jets fans and your airplanes and your social media venom.  You get what you deserve.

SAR I

Are you a Jets fan?

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Gase: "There Aren't Many Play Calls For 4th and 7"

Really?  How many play calls are there for 3rd and 31?

5 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Just one.  Run it up the middle where everyone is expecting you to run.

See, this is why the owners love them some Gase. He's coaching to where the game is going. Forget running it up the gut on 3rd and 31 or 4th and 7, he'll run it up the gut on 2nd and 8+...and he was doing that way before yesterday's game!!!

#aheadofthecurve

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

I’m done with this guy.  4 and 7.  We don’t have a play for that.  Kick FG. Cmon man-it wasn’t to tie the game.  To go to OT.....or even cover the spread. He’s needs to be fired.   

Well, he did turn a 3 score game into a 3 score game.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

It wouldn’t shock me at this point if Gase is just a massive troll and laughing with his money at night. That’s honestly what these performances look like. He’s just trolling us and got his buddy to be the GM and got him paid too by a clueless ownership group. Bowles wasn’t much different but at least he felt like a professional. 

Mcdougald had a comment yesterday basically saying the Jets practices are a joke compared to Seattle’s. These issues predate Gase and you’ve heard this from a lot of guys who come to the Jets from winning teams, but this is not a professional franchise right now. 

• Upvote 2