Gase: "There Aren't Many Play Calls For 4th and 7"

BettyBoop

While I think it was completely stupid to go for a FG I think the bigger uproar and frustration should be Herndon not ******* catching a ball hitting him between the numbers the play before. He's been beyond disappointing to start this year considering he's supposedly should be our best receiving option right now.

• Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I couldn’t believe my ears when I heard him say this.

You don’t have plays that can get 7 yards?! Shouldn’t like 99% of your plays be able to get 7 yards if executed correctly!

i have the guy a lot of slack this offseason bc the talent is awful and I’m 100% done with this guy after that comment.

it fits right in with his, "We were moving the ball" comment. Defenses moved to a bend, but don't break model awhile ago. The philosophy being ho ahead, offense, and take 3 yards on every play and we'll bet that somewhere along the line that you'll make a mistake that kills your drive. Meanwhile, we, the defense, will take precautions to limit our liability to make a mistake (big play). 

Gase is a bull running through a red cloth. They have to be laughing that he thinks he's having success 'moving the ball' when he doesn't score any points. He sits there thinking he's calling the good plays and doesn't even have the capacity to realize he's being clowned. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

It's definitely the fault of the Go'fur that didn't design the Offense and doesn't call the plays.  Totally. 

Gase's coffee, not hot enough = bad offense.

With that said, Gase has three sacrificial lambs he can (and I believe will) throw under the bus:  Loggains, Williams, Darnold.

I hope JD is smarter than to allow that.

JD is, CJ is not.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

offensive mind and his staff is awful.  He seems unconnected to the team, his QB frankly everything going on around him.  A different kind of Bowles.  He does not belong in the NFL.

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

There is a disconnect, to not see that the play call on 4th and 1, which was horrible, was doubly bad by not using gore.  Gase is very abstract in an alarming way.  His response to why they kicked at one point was ‘there was no good 4th and 7 play’.  What he was really saying was ‘I’ve drawn up thousands of plays and i didn’t think any could work, so therefore, none anywhere could work, so don’t doubt me.’  Even last year when darnold was out with mono, the entire offense folded, didn’t try.  He seems so concerned about how his play calling and design will be criticized that he cuts off the line of questioning by concluding there were no other viable options.  He’s intent on convincing himself he’s never wrong.  Meanwhile his qb is taking blame for everything.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

If Rex Ryan was allowed to scapegoat Brian Schottenheimer without Jets fans uttering a word of disagreement, then Adam Gase can scapetoat Dowell Loggains and Jets fans can similarly keep quiet.

Looking back, we should have kicked Rex to the curb, kept Tannenbaum, promoted Schottenheimer, and gave him time to develop Mark Sanchez.  Hell, turns out he could have taken 10 years to try to get something out of Mark and we'd be in a better situation than we are now. 

This franchise went to pot the moment Tanny and Schotty were sacrificed for Rex.  You Jets fans and your airplanes and your social media venom.  You get what you deserve.

SAR I

Get back to me when you can find a quote of anyone describing Rex as a genius on offense and you might have a semblance of a point...

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

Gase thinks he is playing Chess but he is really playing Chutes and Ladders

Just wait until Belichick lets the Jets win in week 17 to keep Lawrence out of the division and Gase’s post game is all “how do ya like me now, idiots?”

God I hope Pats still have something to play for.