Mekhi Becton

mitochondria

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

As good as becton is the right side of the oline is trash.  (via the baldy highlights)

I usually agree with your take.  However, for the plays that were on Baldy's clip, I thought Fant (RT) did his job except for one play.  I thought GVR (RG) was beat or didn't react as well as he should on one or two other plays.  I am not commenting on the rest of the game, just the ones on Baldy's video.

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

My buddy (Giants fan) just admitted he was jealous and wishes the Giants had taken Becton over Thomas.

Small things to be positive about.

Same here. I was at my friends house last night and I was saying how do the Giants not draft an actual Giant? 

Not only missed on the talent but the potential for so many puns.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rookie-rankings-10-highest-graded-rookies-through-week-2

4. OT MEKHI BECTON, NEW YORK JETS

Becton came back down to earth a little bit in pass protection in Week 2, as he gave up two pressures on 10 true pass sets against the 49ers, but he's still been impressive overall as a rookie. His 72.6 pass-block grade ranks 27th among 62 qualifying tackles after two weeks, but his work in the run game is what is standing out so far. These types of blocks (below) in the run game are something we routinely saw from him at Louisville and will likely continue to see in the NFL.

Mekhi-Becton-Jets.gif

Becton still does have a lot to prove in pass protection, though. This past week was supposed to be a tough matchup for him, but multiple injuries to the San Francisco line pitted him against Kerry Hyder and Kentavius Street. Next week should be a tougher test as he faces the Colts and Justin Houston, who has yet to produce as he did in 2018 and 2019 (just four pressures on 48 pass rushes).

• Upvote 1

This is rough because Darnold is questionable on several of these throws and he misses several step up lanes and a few receivers. I’m encouraged that he’s starting to trust the line and I though he did okay. I think Gase is trying to protect Darnold until Mims/ Vyncint Smith/ Crowder come back but it’s so hard to watch.

59 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

I usually agree with your take.  However, for the plays that were on Baldy's clip, I thought Fant (RT) did his job except for one play.  I thought GVR (RG) was beat or didn't react as well as he should on one or two other plays.  I am not commenting on the rest of the game, just the ones on Baldy's video.

Fant put his guy on the ground twice, however not before the guy pushed the pocket far enough to make darnold not be able to set up properly.

6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Let's take this opportunity to have a moment of silence for all the haters.

The Simpsons GIF by moodman

There were about 6-7 people on this whole board who liked Becton pre draft. Nothing was better than getting Fidelios hot takes. LMAO

• Haha 1

With as crappy passing attack as the Jets had, at a loss why they aren't putting a TE or an H-back on his side and road grading the crap out of Becton's side every running play. And really they cannot stop that for 3-6 yards a clip. Dare them to stop you and see if that opens play action. He is that good. He looks a lot like Jonathan Ogden or Walter Jones. I don't say that lightly.