What would it take for Gase to be fired?

NYJ1

14 games to go.  Almost 4 months.  Alot can and is going to happen.

I do think the word will be out that the Jets are willing to replace Gase.  If the Jets think they can replace Gase with someone definitely better, they will do it after this season.   

If Gase is smart, he will find something lower key and live off of his "rich as F" money.

If the Jets are completely uncompetitive through Halloween, and Darnold is just adrift, I can see a change being made with the Johnsons telling Williams and Cooter to just focus on Darnold.   But otherwise, if progress is being made, Gase makes it through the year.

There is a small army of players on IR.  I can see this team get better as the year progresses.  Still stinky, but better.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, varjet said:

14 games to go.  Almost 4 months.  Alot can and is going to happen.

I do think the word will be out that the Jets are willing to replace Gase.  If the Jets think they can replace Gase with someone definitely better, they will do it after this season.   

If Gase is smart, he will find something lower key and live off of his "rich as F" money.

If the Jets are completely uncompetitive through Halloween, and Darnold is just adrift, I can see a change being made with the Johnsons telling Williams and Cooter to just focus on Darnold.   But otherwise, if progress is being made, Gase makes it through the year.

There is a small army of players on IR.  I can see this team get better as the year progresses.  Still stinky, but better.

There are always a mountain of players on IR when Gase is the coach 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, slimjasi said:

There are always a mountain of players on IR when Gase is the coach 

Because no one is gonna gut it out to play for this absolute sociopath. Players under Gase probably bribe the trainers to trump up dings like a kid trying to convince his mom he can’t go to school.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Remember when Joe Douglas said the team was pissed off at the media not giving them respect and having low expectations lmao.

The media and the fans have him pegged. He gave up on 2020 and everyone with a brain knows that's a FACT.

• Upvote 1