When we fire Gase, the Jets job next year is a good one

WowOhWow

2 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Let's assume Gase gets fired and the team is very bad.  We will have a ton of very high draft picks next year.  A ton of cap space.  We could have a LT that is the real deal.  We could also have a QB with a lot of potential, starting NFL experience and who is still very young.  A GM who seems to know what he's doing.

I think the Jets job would be about as attractive an opportunity as it's been in an extremely long time.  

The key thing here is to fire Gase and get him as far from Sam as possible.  

There's hope here if we get rid of this clown.  If we don't fire him this year and we go into next season we will have squandered a huge opportunity...

Knowing these owners, we're probably stuck with the Gase-hole for another year.  He does have a brilliant offensive mind, after all.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Let's assume Gase gets fired and the team is very bad.  We will have a ton of very high draft picks next year.  A ton of cap space.  We could have a LT that is the real deal.  We could also have a QB with a lot of potential, starting NFL experience and who is still very young.  A GM who seems to know what he's doing.

I think the Jets job would be about as attractive an opportunity as it's been in an extremely long time.  

There's hope here if we get rid of this clown.  If we don't fire him this year and we go into next season we will have squandered a huge opportunity...

We had that when Rex got fired and put owner went out and hired TOILET BOWLES.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Still have the brothers Grimm running things

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase isn’t getting fired.  He is our long-term solution.   

You’re going to have to man-up and grow a pair.  There is no quick-fix.  

SAR I

I give you credit, you’re the only person I’ve seen defend Gase. Every other person I speak to or see post either here or on FB/Reddit think he’s the worst coach ever 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

I give you credit, you’re the only person I’ve seen defend Gase. Every other person I speak to or see post either here or on FB/Reddit think he’s the worst coach ever 

troll verb
trolled; trolling; trolls
transitive verb
2a: to antagonize (others) online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, pointman said:

I love that we are so bad that many of us are assuming we will get the number 1 pick. What we are forgetting is we are unlucky as unlucky gets and we will wind up being the guys who pick one pick after Bosa is taken.. and we take another defensive tackle

I am fully aware that we will win the exact number of games to be both a disgrace yet also miss out on the elite QB prospects 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Don’t you get tired of this act?

Like shouldn’t you have better things to do in life than carry on with this?

Not an act. Not all Jets fans are weepy little girls. Get onboard with the long term plan already and understand that no head coach could succeed with the amount of injuries we have seen in the past 13 months.  

If you want to be mad and yell at someone, try God.  He’s the one pulling muscles and breaking bones.  

SAR I

• Haha 2

The ultimate humiliation is yet to come...

The Jets go 2-14, have the #1 overall pick, and Trevor Lawrence says he absolutely will NOT sign with the New York Jets.

The franchise has to trade the pick, or draft him, and then are forced to trade him during the draft.

Or worse yet?!?!  The Jets draft him,  call his "bluff," and look even more foolish when he refuses to play until he is traded and get even less value.

• Upvote 1

Nah that's false. A bunch of good teams use this structure.

Ownership is top 10 in the league, they spend money, they support the staff.

The problem is we've had sh*tty sh*tty gms for a decade. Ever since Tanny left we've had nothing with talent.

You can't draft like sh*t and not hit on a second round pick since David harris and expect to win.

This will never be an attractive if we keep the same structure. Ownership needs to be completely out of the picture. No media appearances, press conferences or having the coach and GM both report to them. This is their punishment for f*cking things up so bad and being clueless. Nothing will matter until that happens. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, funaz said:

Nah that's false. A bunch of good teams use this structure.

Ownership is top 10 in the league, they spend money, they support the staff.

The problem is we've had sh*tty sh*tty gms for a decade. Ever since Tanny left we've had nothing with talent.

You can't draft like sh*t and not hit on a second round pick since David harris and expect to win.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

I disagree but always enjoy that you reply on top of the quote. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, pointman said:

I love that we are so bad that many of us are assuming we will get the number 1 pick. What we are forgetting is we are unlucky as unlucky gets and we will wind up being the guys who pick one pick after Bosa is taken.. and we take another defensive tackle

Giants could get it.

They suck, and just lost Barkley 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

The Jets will have high picks and a ton of cap space, but there are still so many holes on the roster.

Besides for Mosley, Bless, Quinnen and Fatukasi, the Jets will need an entirely new defense because nobody will be under contract. They will also need WRs.

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I give you credit, you’re the only person I’ve seen defend Gase. Every other person I speak to or see post either here or on FB/Reddit, NFL Network, Sirius NFL Radio, ESPN, the Newspapers,  local sports media around the country, guys standing around Sports Bars, former Coaches now getting paid as  pundits, former players, current players, Mike Greenberg, and pretty much anyone not named Johnson or SAR think he’s the worst coach ever 

Fixed that for you.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

I am fully aware that we will win the exact number of games to be both a disgrace yet also miss out on the elite QB prospects 

Nah man, not this year.  This team has the 32nd worst roster in a 32 team league and 31 is so far in the distance the Hubbell telescope can’t see 31, not to mention the WORST coaching staff....I think more than 1 single win is a stretch.  The #1 pick in 2021 will be owned by the Jets.

• Upvote 1