When we fire Gase, the Jets job next year is a good one

WowOhWow

16 hours ago, RoadFan said:

The Jets go 2-14, have the #1 overall pick, and Trevor Lawrence says he absolutely will NOT sign with the New York Jets.

If it comes to that you're seriously underestimating Joe Douglas reputation and his ability to sell. His ability to deliver is another topic, jury still out, but I don't think this organization is headed to a situation where we can't draft a franchise player with the first pick.

In fact, I don't think we're anywhere near that. The core of our team is just plain docile, not chaotic or wildly immature.

Now, finishing with the worst record in the league? I think we're on our way. Pains me to admit this in week 2. I don't believe losing helps and I will prefer 5-11 over 2-14 & 1st pick every time.

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Let's see about that.

With a healthy quarterback under center, the Johnson's had 10 winning or .500 seasons in their first 11 years of ownership.  Things are bad now because 10 years of competing for the playoffs ultimately leads you to 10 years of sucking.  It's how the NFL works without a franchise quarterback.

....that several winning organizations also deploy.  They are two different positions with two different skillsets, it makes no sense to be forced to fire your HC if you don't like your GM and vise-versa.  It's 2020, not 1970.

Huh?  When Woody stepped aside he and Christopher announced a rebuild and began that process immediately, clearing out the weed culture in the lockerroom, getting rid of the HC, getting rid of the GM.  If anything, the Johnson's have been too quick on the trigger, admitting mistakes and firing GM's and HC's to the point where we are second to the Browns on the NFL dysfunction list.

You can say that of any owner.

The way to win a Super Bowl isn't the get-rich-quick schemes they deployed during the Ryan era.  The way to do it is like the Saints, Chiefs, or Steelers.  You pick a GM and a HC, you give them control, you wind up with 10-15 years of being competitive and you break through for exactly 1 or 2 Super Bowl appearances and 1 Super Bowl victory and consider yourself fulfilled for the rest of your life.  All those Drew Brees Saints years, 1 Super Bowl.  All those Peyton Manning Colts years, 1 Super Bowl.  Its how its done.

Trying to talk sense into a bunch of Eeyore's in all their glory because of all the losing isn't trolling.  It's charity.  Maybe I'll save one of you.

SAR I

If there was a trolling HOF, you would be first ballot.  Well done. 

12 hours ago, pointman said:

The NFL is a place where big injuries happen. You risk it with any player. Bosa had 9 sacks in year 1. NINE. Our Quinnen Williams had.. less. With how things are going, Bosa is still the better pick. I love Sheldon Richardson. His bad attitude, his "Metlife Monster" moniker, and his hustling down the field to chase the play down. I say that to say.. no clue why we are talking about Sheldon. 

That 9 sack rookie season ids what would make ift even sadder for the Jets. Another stud who we almost saw. 

Oh...We're talking about Sheldon as a comparison to Bosa having a great year 1. (I think)  No one would say that Bosa isn't a monster. I'm just saying that if a guy with an injury history like Bosa has was picked by the Jets you might as well not include him on the roster. He would Never make the field. Just like Milliner.  Bosa's injury history + Ny Jets = Sadness. 

Bosa's career is more likely to be riddled with injuries than it is to be a consistent DPOY candidate. As sad as that is to say. 

And hey, Q had 2 sacks this weekend. By the end of the year he'll have eclipsed Bosa's sack number. Then we will see who's more valuable. Ya know, that best ability being availability stuff.  Let's hope I'm wrong for Bosa's sake, but I was afraid if the Jets picking him. 

On 9/21/2020 at 8:10 PM, WowOhWow said:

Let's assume Gase gets fired and the team is very bad.  We will have a ton of very high draft picks next year.  A ton of cap space.  We could have a LT that is the real deal.  We could also have a QB with a lot of potential, starting NFL experience and who is still very young.  A GM who seems to know what he's doing.

I think the Jets job would be about as attractive an opportunity as it's been in an extremely long time.  

The key thing here is to fire Gase and get him as far from Sam as possible.  

There's hope here if we get rid of this clown.  If we don't fire him this year and we go into next season we will have squandered a huge opportunity...

On several levels it's a great job.  It's a complete rebuild made in your image.  The GM is a highly respected, reputable guy.  It's New York (sort of).  Of course the problem is ownership.  Anyone with options will likely stay away from them.

20 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

On several levels it's a great job.  It's a complete rebuild made in your image.  The GM is a highly respected, reputable guy.  It's New York (sort of).  Of course the problem is ownership.  Anyone with options will likely stay away from them.

Also, we might already have QB and LT solved.  (I think we do though others might disagree about QB).

I'm not for firing Gase even though I'm not a big fan. I'm willing to give him and Douglas three years. The Jets did win 6 out of their last 8 last year. I'm worried that if Woody returns he could just end up rehiring Rex. He always loved Rex even though he was forced to fire him. And Rex has always played politics never criticizing Woody although throwing everyone else under the bus. I don't want Rex I'd rather go with Gase. 

On 9/21/2020 at 8:10 PM, WowOhWow said:

Let's assume Gase gets fired and the team is very bad.  We will have a ton of very high draft picks next year.  A ton of cap space.  We could have a LT that is the real deal.  We could also have a QB with a lot of potential, starting NFL experience and who is still very young.  A GM who seems to know what he's doing.

I think the Jets job would be about as attractive an opportunity as it's been in an extremely long time.  

The key thing here is to fire Gase and get him as far from Sam as possible.  

There's hope here if we get rid of this clown.  If we don't fire him this year and we go into next season we will have squandered a huge opportunity...

When gase was hired this was supposed to be a great job....

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm not for firing Gase even though I'm not a big fan. I'm willing to give him and Douglas three years. The Jets did win 6 out of their last 8 last year. I'm worried that if Woody returns he could just end up rehiring Rex. He always loved Rex even though he was forced to fire him. And Rex has always played politics never criticizing Woody although throwing everyone else under the bus. I don't want Rex I'd rather go with Gase. 

RexIsComingBack.gif.92420a80b0c7691f03e233d4fe9b6d3d.gif