NFL fines for mask violations

Integrity28

Steep fines. I don’t want this to be a pro- or anti- mask debate. The NFL set the rule, I was curious to see how it played out. 

Couple if Ape observations:

- if you watch red zone, game day, or Sunday ticket you will see that EVERY coach in the league is constantly pulling their mask down, then edging it up when they think cameras may be in them (with the exception of Andy Reid and his shield, and I just haven’t seen Mike Tomlin take his down)

- most of the coaches are wearing neck gaiters, which have proven to actually break particles down smaller and increased spread

If the league is going to enforce this so hard, but not recommend the ideal type of mask - then it’s just for show. They should be required to wear 3-layer cloth masks, not do the up/down thing. Pretty simple.

NFL handling it as disingenuously as you’d expect.

Anyway, criticize the league - don’t argue with each other.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You’d think they’d have one of their licensing partners produce a functional mask for these coaches and players. Seems like a lot of money could be made from, say, a really good Nike mask that lets you breathe. 

Nike, made in China. COVID-19 made in . . . lol. Pass.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You’d think they’d have one of their licensing partners produce a functional mask for these coaches and players. Seems like a lot of money could be made from, say, a really good Nike mask that lets you breathe. 

Yea, it’s weird that they’d miss an opportunity to created $30 masks, so people out of work can buy them. Not being sarcastic. This is right up the alley of the NFL.

• Upvote 2

This is dumb as sh*t. I just argued with a friend about the NFL mask thing saying it's the same as the nonsense in the White House press room. They're all fine. If you want to raise a reasonable argument that we should all have these basically instant tests available I agree. Most of this is Kabuki theater

Masks as I'm told are to protect others. The only vulnerable people are the coaching staff. 80 dudes on the sideline who are professional athletes, without masks. Figure that out

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, it’s weird that they’d miss an opportunity to created $30 masks, so people out of work can buy them. Not being sarcastic. This is right up the alley of the NFL.

UnderArmour announced a $30 mask and its first run sold out sight unseen, and they’re still having trouble keeping up with demand despite getting spotty reviews from the running/Crossfit set. Asics has a $40 mask coming out that’s supposed to be great, but you can’t even pre-order it yet. 

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

UnderArmour announced a $30 mask and its first run sold out sight unseen, and they’re still having trouble keeping up with demand despite getting spotty reviews from the running/Crossfit set. Asics has a $40 mask coming out that’s supposed to be great, but you can’t even pre-order it yet. 

I actually saw the UA mask. I’ve also seen some by 2nd and 3rd tier sporting brands, but to me - there’s the opportunity for the ‘official’ mask of the NFL that is being missed.

I have had gaiters forever, I use them as headbands when I exercise - or when I most the lawn in allergy season.

My covid masks are a mix of disposable 3-layer, cloth 3-layer from the Gap, and the N95 from hardware store. My go to move us just to stay home though, lol