The (not too early) Trevor Lawrence/Eric Bienemy/Root for Losses Train

Who's on it? I am. Wins at this point are shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic. Deck chairs that explode and kill ALL the possible survivors before they can get to lifeboats. 

For those of you not on it, how many wins do you think we can muster this year? And does that number get Gase fired? Does it get you the best QB prospect since John Elway (allegedly)? Do you not want these things? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Who's on it? I am.

So how does this work? Do you tune in every week hoping your favorite team sucks again so that you can be that much closer to another killer offseason? Or do you just not bother watching anymore? 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Lawrence looks ridiculous. He's not overhyped IMO.

Anyone without one eye on him at this point is insane. I thought Sam played well enough Sunday but well enough doesn't justify passing on a generational talent. 

Wait till Lawrence finds out his coach doesn’t let his QB audible or throw longer than 7 yards. 

Lawrence looks like he could be a good prospect but I wouldn't count darnold out of this season yet he has a few wins in him. Bienemy is a joke...how many interviews has he had without being hired? The guy is basically a puppet to andy Reid. Our next coach should be someone with experience being a head coach.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I've got major concerns with Sunshine.  This cant miss best prospect talk is nonsense.   He's faced adversity once in his career in the National Champ game and he was horrible.  Horrible.  Completed 48% of his passes and looking totally lost and completely outclassed.  He looked sh*tty vs. OSU too, Enteniee bailed him out. 

Flop for Fields

• Haha 1

I think its a lot more realistic that we end up picking around 10th and take a kid like Tray Lance and help the offense with Seattle's pick.  Lance is young and needs time to sit, so JD can have him compete with Sam and if Sam somehow improves under a new coach, then great you keep Lance for 2 years and then flip him for a first.  If Sam doesnt improve you start Lance at some point in 2021 and have 2 picks in the following draft to build the team around him.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, slats said:

So how does this work? Do you tune in every week hoping your favorite team sucks again so that you can be that much closer to another killer offseason? Or do you just not bother watching anymore? 

God, you know the way I work it, I hope for five wins so that we stay in perpetual mediocrity. This Gase - Darnold combo is going to get it right at some point. 

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

I've got major concerns with Sunshine.  This cant miss best prospect talk is nonsense.   He's faced adversity once in his career in the National Champ game and he was horrible.  Horrible.  Completed 48% of his passes and looking totally lost and completely outclassed.  He looked sh*tty vs. OSU too, Enteniee bailed him out. 

Flop for Fields

And there you have it folks.

Can't miss prospect absolutely confirmed.

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Lawrence looks like he could be a good prospect but I wouldn't count darnold out of this season yet he has a few wins in him. Bienemy is a joke...how many interviews has he had without being hired? The guy is basically a puppet to andy Reid. Our next coach should be someone with experience being a head coach.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Your never gonna find the next great HC Hiring retreads imo . Especially a guy thats failed previously. If its highy successful guy im on board.

54 minutes ago, slats said:

I've learned to enjoy the losses this way, but I'm still holding out hope that the day will come when I can root for wins again.

41 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Gase is done man. Like 100% done.

You obviously haven't been following this team very long. You do realize the moron Johnson brothers still own this team, don't you? Run by CJ, who thinks Gase is the future of the NFL?

I sincerely hope Gase is gone but I'm not betting money on it given the utter stupidity of our ownership.

58 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

God, you know the way I work it, I hope for five wins so that we stay in perpetual mediocrity. This Gase - Darnold combo is going to get it right at some point. 

16 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I've learned to enjoy the losses this way, but I'm still holding out hope that the day will come when I can root for wins again.

Yeah, you guys go ahead and do what you're gonna do. The way I choose to root for the team isn't going to effect the outcome of the games, so I'll continue to root for the team to improve. Particularly, I want to see this OL that Joe D has tried to put together get it together and form one of the better units in the league. Then I want Sam Darnold to settle down a little bit behind what's becoming a competent OL. Maybe Gase can call a pass beyond the line of scrimmage, too. And if the Jets win a few games a long the way -as much of a longshot as that feels right now- I'm gonna be okay with it. 

How often has the next great one really been the next great one?  

The best QB prospect since Elway? Who won his first championship at 37 years old? And a semi-hot OC to come in here to be our savior at head coach? Oh boy, can't wait! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Who's on it? I am. Wins at this point are shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic. Deck chairs that explode and kill ALL the possible survivors before they can get to lifeboats. 

For those of you not on it, how many wins do you think we can muster this year? And does that number get Gase fired? Does it get you the best QB prospect since John Elway (allegedly)? Do you not want these things? 

Why, so we can put Lawrence on a team with no weapons and watch him fail like Sam. Sam is not the problem. We have to wait and see what JD does with the picks from the Adams deal. I'm not really hopeful he will do much with them other than package in a trade maybe. Seattle looks line a SB team.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Lawrence looks ridiculous. He's not overhyped IMO.

Anyone without one eye on him at this point is insane. I thought Sam played well enough Sunday but well enough doesn't justify passing on a generational talent. 

Playing well enough when Hogan is your #1 WR and your best TE drops TD passes in the end zone is awesome

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

I think its a lot more realistic that we end up picking around 10th and take a kid like Tray Lance and help the offense with Seattle's pick.  Lance is young and needs time to sit, so JD can have him compete with Sam and if Sam somehow improves under a new coach, then great you keep Lance for 2 years and then flip him for a first.  If Sam doesnt improve you start Lance at some point in 2021 and have 2 picks in the following draft to build the team around him.

how about getting Sam a competent  WR or RB before we draft another QB. 

• Upvote 2