The (not too early) Trevor Lawrence/Eric Bienemy/Root for Losses Train

9 minutes ago, slats said:

Yeah, you guys go ahead and do what you're gonna do. The way I choose to root for the team isn't going to effect the outcome of the games, so I'll continue to root for the team to improve. Particularly, I want to see this OL that Joe D has tried to put together get it together and form one of the better units in the league. Then I want Sam Darnold to settle down a little bit behind what's becoming a competent OL. Maybe Gase can call a pass beyond the line of scrimmage, too. And if the Jets win a few games a long the way -as much of a longshot as that feels right now- I'm gonna be okay with it. 

How often has the next great one really been the next great one?  

The best QB prospect since Elway? Who won his first championship at 37 years old? And a semi-hot OC to come in here to be our savior at head coach? Oh boy, can't wait! 

I hear you, I'd like to see those things happen too, but even still we're not going to win many games. I'm just trying to find a way I can enjoy the season some what.

Your never gonna find the next great HC Hiring retreads imo . Especially a guy thats failed previously. If its highy successful guy im on board.
Is bienemy highly successful? Or does he just do what andy reid tells him to do? Can he create his own success or is does he only bask in andy reids glory. The other question of course would be do both of them ride on the coat tails of mahomes who has turned into the best qb in the league?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I guess nobody is going to answer the OP's questions. Cool. 

Ok I guess I got to get all  thoughtful and stuff?  I am NOT on the train. I choose to remain optimistic that because of the unprecedented pandemic off-season, coupled with the injury bug, as you can see guys are dropping like flies, every team in the league has a puncher's chance.

Gase and Darnold got better as the season went on last year. Maybe this is their MO? Just saying it's possible that we can win the next 7 games. The Jets were injured early in training camp, every other team is taking big losses of key players right now. We should be getting some key players back soon right?

As far as Eric Bienemy, what makes you think he's going to be a great head coach? He was running backs coach before he became the OC, and has what most people think is the best quarterback in football right now correct?

Oddly enough isn't that the knock on Adam gase that the only thing he ever did was standing on the sidelines while Peyton Manning looked great? What's the diffrence? You tell me.

Listen I watched us come out and suck and play flat and Gase made some real head-scratching play calls. I have to support my team. I don't think this pessimism helps anybody. I'm sure the attitude of Jets fans giving up after the first or second game gets back to the coaches the players and the team Etc.

It's kind of like those mornings where you wake up and the bathroom floor is cold, your wife is bitching at you, and you get a flat on the way to work. The phone call from your boss asking where are you doesn't exactly help right?

I'm just saying that a little more support and positivity may be helpful. After all these are just people trying to do their jobs.

Maybe we should fly some planes that say things like Let's win! Go get em! We got you! Kick Ass!? 

Remember the movie Ghostbusters where they said that the rampant negativity in New York is the reason why the demons were coming out of the manhole covers? LOL! Exactly! Look at some of the thread titles on this board and then you wonder why free agents don't want to come here? it's f****** ridiculous!

Most of the players are still kids that just came out of college. Just like your and my kids. Obviously Gase and Darnold aren't perfect, but neither is anybody else. If I remember correctly Andy Reid was booed Out of Philly cuz he couldn't get the job done, albeit being a great head coach for years. Carson Wentz just slipped on another banana peel and broke his pinky toe and Andy Reid just won the Super Bowl.

These guys have hard jobs. I may be an outlier but I'm going to support them on their Journey because, Hey man you never know.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Why, so we can put Lawrence on a team with no weapons and watch him fail like Sam. Sam is not the problem. We have to wait and see what JD does with the picks from the Adams deal. I'm not really hopeful he will do much with them other than package in a trade maybe. Seattle looks line a SB team.

I'm kind of on the fence. Maybe I just like shiny new toys and the ray of hope they bring.

4 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Ok I guess I got to get all  thoughtful and stuff?  I am NOT on the train. I choose to remain optimistic that because of the unprecedented pandemic off-season, coupled with the injury bug, as you can see guys are dropping like flies, every team in the league has a puncher's chance.

Gase and Darnold got better as the season went on last year. Maybe this is their MO? Just saying it's possible that we can win the next 7 games. The Jets were injured early in training camp, every other team is taking big losses of key players right now. We should be getting some key players back soon right?

As far as Eric  Bienemy, what makes you think he's going to be a great head coach? He was running backs coach before he became the OC and has what most people think is the best quarterback in football right now correct?

Oddly enough isn't that the knock on Adam gase that the only thing he ever did was standing on the sidelines while Peyton Manning looked great? What's the diffrence? You tell me.

Listen I watched us come out and suck and play flat and Gase made some real head-scratching play calls. I have to support my team. I don't think this pessimism helps anybody. I'm sure the attitude of jets fans giving up after the first or second game gets back to the coaches the players and the team Etc.

It's kind of like those mornings where you wake up and the bathroom floor is cold, your wife is bitching at you, and you get a flat on the way to work. The phone call from your boss asking where are you doesn't exactly help right?

I'm just saying that a little more support and positivity may be helpful. After all these are just people trying to do their jobs.

Maybe we should fly some planes that say things like Let's win! Go get em! We got you! Kick Ass!?

Remember the movie Ghostbusters where they said that the rampant negativity in New York is the reason why the demons were coming out of the manhole covers? LOL! Exactly! Look at some of the thread titles on this board and then you wonder why free agents don't want to come here? it's f****** ridiculous!

Most of the players are still kids that just came out of college. Just like your and my kids. Obviously Gase and Darnold aren't perfect, but neither is anybody else. If I remember correctly Andy Reid was booed Out of Philly cuz he couldn't get the job done, albeit being a great head coach for years. Carson Wentz just slipped on another banana peel and broke his pinky toe and Andy Reid just won the Super Bowl.

These guys have hard jobs. I may be an outlier but I'm going to support them on their Journey because, hey man you never know.

Yes, but realistically, what do you think the ceiling is on the win total this year?

2 wins, max for this team! Those games are Denver in 2 weeks and one of the Miami games maybe. Every other team will destroy us no problem! 

Browns -Their offense will run circles on our pathetic defense 

Raiders- did we see them beat the Saints last night? Josh Jacobs will have like 150 yards

Pats 2x - do I even need an explanation?

Chiefs - LOL

Bills - LOL

Cardinals - we’ll be 14 point underdogs 

Seahawks- we’ll be 21 point underdogs 

Rams - another blowout 

Chargers - defense is nasty. We’ll score 3 points if lucky 

If we are in position to get the #1 pick organically than Darnold won't have shown much this year, and I'd be ready to pull the plug. No reason to trot him out there for a failed Year 4 and 5 like Jameis/Mariota, who had better careers than him through 3 seasons.

5 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Who's on it? I am. Wins at this point are shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic. Deck chairs that explode and kill ALL the possible survivors before they can get to lifeboats. 

For those of you not on it, how many wins do you think we can muster this year? And does that number get Gase fired? Does it get you the best QB prospect since John Elway (allegedly)? Do you not want these things? 

Trevor Lawrence and Greg Roman.  (IF Darnold continues to suck)

If Darnold shows promise and progresses, keep Darnold, sh*tcan Gase and hire Greg Roman.

Anyway you slice it, Greg Roman is the HC I want

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I've got major concerns with Sunshine.  This cant miss best prospect talk is nonsense.   He's faced adversity once in his career in the National Champ game and he was horrible.  Horrible.  Completed 48% of his passes and looking totally lost and completely outclassed.  He looked sh*tty vs. OSU too, Enteniee bailed him out. 

Flop for Fields

QB not on Jets: "He had 1 or 2 bad performances over three years. He sucks!"

QB on Jets: "He had 1 or 2 good performances over three years. We can't give up on him, yet!"

The Reid coaching tree has been pretty successful. See the bolded below for bullet points on why Bienemy is the guy I want. That's not Chris Johnson saying he's a sharp offensive mind, it's Andy Reid. 

“You guys know how I feel about Eric,” Reid told reporters. “I think he would be tremendous. I don’t know the team, but there is a team out there that could really use him. Being the leader of men that he is, you’re not going to find people better than that in that category. He’s a sharp offensive mind on top of that.”

Working alongside Reid, Bieniemy has helped oversee defending NFL MVP Patrick Mahomes’ development

21 minutes ago, jgb said:

QB not on Jets: "He had 1 or 2 bad performances over three years. He sucks!"

QB on Jets: "He had 1 or 2 good performances over three years. We can't give up on him, yet!"

What does giving up on Darnold look like in week three? We start trusting Gase to develop Morgan? 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Reid coaching tree has been pretty successful. See the bolded below for bullet points on why Bienemy is the guy I want. That's not Chris Johnson saying he's a sharp offensive mind, it's Andy Reid. 

“You guys know how I feel about Eric,” Reid told reporters. “I think he would be tremendous. I don’t know the team, but there is a team out there that could really use him. Being the leader of men that he is, you’re not going to find people better than that in that category. He’s a sharp offensive mind on top of that.”

Working alongside Reid, Bieniemy has helped oversee defending NFL MVP Patrick Mahomes’ development

1186773855.jpg

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, jgb said:

How'd you feel about Darnold coming out? Think carefully now.

*readies Darnold's senior year game splits*

Darnold wasnt a Senior. 

Go back and read, I argued heavily against waiting for Darnold and taking Watson or Mahomes.  Sam was a flawed product living off a Rose Bowl performance, very similar to Sanchez.  Inexperienced underclassmen USC, etc.  I was steady strong that 2017>2018 draft class, that said, of the guys taken in 2017, I was highest on Sam.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

shares an agent w/Gase aka doing a favor.

Even if it was from the heart - I trust Reid's assessment of a potential coach over a player. There was also the fact that Gase had issues as a HC already. 

But Arians said bowles was awesome as well.  All of these guys will be promoted by their coaches.  I'm not saying they should ignore Bienemie (sp?), just be very careful who or why you are being told stuff.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

But Arians said bowles was awesome as well.  All of these guys will be promoted by their coaches.  I'm not saying they should ignore Bienemie (sp?), just be very careful who or why you are being told stuff.

I'm sure he meant it or he wouldn't have hired him back. Most people don't have what it takes to be a good head coach. Doesn't mean we should never take a chance on a first time HC again.

The great head coaches aren't getting fired so it's pretty much the only way to land one. It's not like there's a Bill Parcells sitting around waiting for someone to call.

• Upvote 2