Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
predator_05

The race to bottom: a look at the contenders for the #1 pick

Recommended Posts

As of week 2, we're starting to get some clarity on how the bottom of the league will shape up.

Everyone here knows how sh*t the Jets are, but are they sh*tty enough to pick 1.01? This is the question we'll try to answer by examining the contenders:

 

4. The denver broncos. QB: Jeff driskel.

Lost key starters von miller, sutton, drew lock, AJ bouye. Decent offensive weapons, with a run game led by experienced RB Gordon complimenting quality rookie receivers. Probably not in contention, but another big injury or two could bring them close. Elway is slimy enough to tank for a top QB. 

 

3. The detroit lions. QB: matt stafford.

Probably the worst coached team in the league. Offense is respectable, but underachieving, as stafford ignores the pain from those broken bones in his lower back. Defense is crap. A coaching change probably takes them out of contention, getting them an extra win or two. But they're likely to be in the mix until the very end. 

 

2. The carolina panthers. QB: teddy bridgewater.

A very young roster, with little no veteran experience is facing a brutal schedule without any adequate preparation. Defense is abysmal, arguably the worst in the league. Bridgewater is a back-up QB, not a long-term starter, so tanking might well be on the agenda. 

 

1. The New York giants. QB: Danny 'dimes' jones. 

These guys could easily finish last. Blowhard coach with no experience is failing to manage a crappy roster, and facing a brutal schedule (NFC west, AFC north). Danny dimes folds like a cheap suit under pressure, his future is far from secure. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jones has been one of the few bright spots on the Giants, he risks getting Darnold'd. Even if they get the pick I doubt they'll give up on him so soon. Their line is like ours from last year. They're more likely to trade for a haul if they have #1.

Denver and Carolina have been relatively competent organisations in the last few decades. If they set their sights on #1 they'll probably get it where the Jets will almost surely f*ck it up somehow.

The Franchise formerly known as the Redskins will be in contention too. They have a good defensive front and nothing else. The Bengals too are a pretty bizarre omission given they're coming off the first pick and are 0-2. Like with the Giants their issues are more obviously around the QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think after we get 8 games in we will see that the Jets are not worse than all of these teams.  They all need qbs, so the likelihood of being able to pick a new Qb is not certain. 

so the Jets should focus on salvaging Darnold first.  Free Jim Bob Cooter. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fatty and Skinny had a race

Up and down the pillowcase

Fatty fell down and broke his face

And Skinny won the race.

Why is this thing spacing two times?

When jeto is typing out nursery rhymes?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long way to go to the 1 spot boys. Lot of ineptitude and wishful thinking out there this year.

Screenshot_20200922-082406_Samsung Internet.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Broncos-Lions-Panthers-Giants all have better rosters than the NY Jets.

We got this. 

And better coaching

Theres a combo to help win the race 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Long way to go to the 1 spot boys. Lot of ineptitude and wishful thinking out there this year.

Screenshot_20200922-082406_Samsung Internet.jpg

We're two games in.  Lots of 0-2 teams today.  Only one is the worst, has looked the worst and is a total embarrassment.

For that, theres no competition, we're the worst of the 0-2.  The Giants are nowhere near as pathetic as this team is

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

As of week 2, we're starting to get some clarity on how the bottom of the league will shape up.

Its week 3, we have no clarity yet. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

 

lf.jpg

Ah, I remember all the Darnold mock ups back in the day

By 23, toss him away for the next sucker

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Ah, I remember all the Darnold mock ups back in the day

By 23, toss him away for the next sucker

We should have drafted a QB the year before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

 

The Franchise formerly known as the Redskins will be in contention too. They have a good defensive front and nothing else. The Bengals too are a pretty bizarre omission given they're coming off the first pick and are 0-2. Like with the Giants their issues are more obviously around the QB.

 

I completely forgot about those guys. They're definitely in the race. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

We should have drafted a QB the year before.

Given I wanted the Jets to take Watson over Adams, I agree.

Doesnt make Darnold a bad pick

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Its week 3, we have no clarity yet. 

Sure we do. All those season-ending injuries make the picture a lot clearer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Given I wanted the Jets to take Watson over Adams, I agree.

Doesnt make Darnold a bad pick

That is still up for determination, but right now he's not worth the draft capital he cost us.

We would be in better shape had we drafted a QB the year before, and used the picks we traded for other positions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We're two games in.  Lots of 0-2 teams today.  Only one is the worst, has looked the worst and is a total embarrassment.

For that, theres no competition, we're the worst of the 0-2.  The Giants are nowhere near as pathetic as this team is

I agree. 

But being the absolute worst doesnt always cut it if there ends up being another team that's equally worse but has a weaker strength of schedule for the tie breaker, something we cant control. 

Just highlighting, as bad as we are, we currently pick 11, that's all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JTJet said:

I agree. 

But being the absolute worst doesnt always cut it if there ends up being another team that's equally worse but has a weaker strength of schedule for the tie breaker, something we cant control. 

Just highlighting, as bad as we are, we currently pick 11, that's all. 

Hear you, but we've only looked hideous for two games, plenty of time to cement ourselves as the worst.  

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, predator_05 said:

2. The carolina panthers. QB: teddy bridgewater.

A very young roster, with little no veteran experience is facing a brutal schedule without any adequate preparation. Defense is abysmal, arguably the worst in the league. Bridgewater is a back-up QB, not a long-term starter, so tanking might well be on the agenda.

But they have Robby! Shoo-in for the Super Bowl...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way we are going to get the #1 pick, and whether the eventual #1 needs a quarterback is not the issue. The #1 pick is going to be Lawrence, either by the team with the pick or by trade. And JD is never going to trade the haul that the #1 seed will get for Lawrence, so it ain't happening folks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jets are winning max like 2 games this year. I really think we’ll have the #1 pick no problem. Who are we beating exactly 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Long way to go to the 1 spot boys. Lot of ineptitude and wishful thinking out there this year.

Screenshot_20200922-082406_Samsung Internet.jpg

Tankathon doesn’t take into account how bad the rosters are.  The Jets roster is worse then all the teams ahead of them, plus they probably have a harder schedule, meaning less wins.  No shot those teams go winless - I can’t see the jets going winless either but 2-3 wins is a possibility.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Tankathon doesn’t take into account how bad the rosters are.  The Jets roster is worse then all the teams ahead of them, plus they probably have a harder schedule, meaning less wins.  No shot those teams go winless - I can’t see the jets going winless either but 2-3 wins is a possibility.

I know, but again, just pointing out where we sit currently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

We aren’t in the 4 worse teams in the league? Homer Simpson write this?

It's not a ranking of the worst teams, its a discussion of the contenders for #1. The Jets being a contender is something we're taking for granted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Broncos are real contenders for that top pick with Driskel under center for a significant portion of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

 

lf.jpg

Nice if I place my order today I will have it by draft night 2021 from China. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

It's not a ranking of the worst teams, its a discussion of the contenders for #1. The Jets being a contender is something we're taking for granted. 

Oh I get it. These four teams are our competition for the worse team in the league. Nice to know we lead at least one competition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Long way to go to the 1 spot boys. Lot of ineptitude and wishful thinking out there this year.

Screenshot_20200922-082406_Samsung Internet.jpg

Oh goody!!! We will go 0-16 and get the 11th pick. And who do we have to thank for this? Extend Gase!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nice if I place my order today I will have it by draft night 2021 from China. 

If you cut down to 1 diaper a day, you should be able to afford to buy it from the USA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

If you cut down to 1 diaper a day, you should be able to afford to buy it from the USA.

Dude i'm not even going to waste my time with you, bad enough I have the NY Jets in my life. 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Broncos-Lions-Panthers-Giants all have better rosters than the NY Jets.

We got this. 

I don't think so - it's not like all of our injured guys are out for the season. Once we get Mims, Bell, Crowder and Smith all back and the line starts to gel our roster isn't going to look so bad on O. If the D doesn't improve it won't matter though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I don't think so - it's not like all of our injured guys are out for the season. Once we get Mims, Bell, Crowder and Smith all back and the line starts to gel our roster isn't going to look so bad on O. If the D doesn't improve it won't matter though.

So your saying Flacco or Morgan will be the QB when this improvement happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...