The race to bottom: a look at the contenders for the #1 pick

predator_05

2 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

That is still up for determination, but right now he's not worth the draft capital he cost us.

We would be in better shape had we drafted a QB the year before, and used the picks we traded for other positions. 

We'll get one of those picks back next year when we draft Lawrence and trade Sam to the Colts for a 3rd rounder.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, predator_05 said:

As of week 2, we're starting to get some clarity on how the bottom of the league will shape up.

Everyone here knows how sh*t the Jets are, but are they sh*tty enough to pick 1.01? This is the question we'll try to answer by examining the contenders:

4. The denver broncos. QB: Jeff driskel.

Lost key starters von miller, sutton, drew lock, AJ bouye. Decent offensive weapons, with a run game led by experienced RB Gordon complimenting quality rookie receivers. Probably not in contention, but another big injury or two could bring them close. Elway is slimy enough to tank for a top QB. 

3. The detroit lions. QB: matt stafford.

Probably the worst coached team in the league. Offense is respectable, but underachieving, as stafford ignores the pain from those broken bones in his lower back. Defense is crap. A coaching change probably takes them out of contention, getting them an extra win or two. But they're likely to be in the mix until the very end. 

2. The carolina panthers. QB: teddy bridgewater.

A very young roster, with little no veteran experience is facing a brutal schedule without any adequate preparation. Defense is abysmal, arguably the worst in the league. Bridgewater is a back-up QB, not a long-term starter, so tanking might well be on the agenda. 

1. The New York giants. QB: Danny 'dimes' jones. 

These guys could easily finish last. Blowhard coach with no experience is failing to manage a crappy roster, and facing a brutal schedule (NFC west, AFC north). Danny dimes folds like a cheap suit under pressure, his future is far from secure. 

I can see every one of these teams stealing a win here and there. I really don’t see the Jets winning more than 2 games.

Im 100% on board with fire all the coaches, tank for Trevor, extend Sam at backup pay, hire a real coach. Give him Trevor, Sam and Morgan in the QB room.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I can see every one of these teams stealing a win here and there. I really don’t see the Jets winning more than 2 games.

Im 100% on board with fire all the coaches, tank for Trevor, extend Sam at backup pay, hire a real coach. Give him Trevor, Sam and Morgan in the QB room.

When you look at the jets schedule you realize they really don’t have to actively tank that much.  They play the cardinals, chiefs, NE twice, Seattle, buffalo and the rams.  This should be 7 more losses.  More winnable games are dolphins twice, the colts, chargers, browns, raiders and broncos.  Of the 7 more winnable games the jets won’t win more than 4.  So with this jets roster, you’re probably looking at tops 4 wins.  If the jets finish 4-12, which i consider a best case scenario, that’s going to get you a top 3 pick.  

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

We'll get one of those picks back next year when we draft Lawrence and trade Sam to the Colts for a 3rd rounder.

Could actually Sam getting a 3rd back IF we let Gase finish the season and display his horribleness beyond any doubt. Then some team will take a flyer on Sam thinking it had to be Gase’s fault.

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

When you look at the jets schedule you realize they really don’t have to actively tank that much.  They play the cardinals, chiefs, NE twice, Seattle, buffalo and the rams.  This should be 7 more losses.  More winnable games are dolphins twice, the colts, chargers, browns, raiders and broncos.  Of the 7 more winnable games the jets won’t win more than 4.  So with this jets roster, you’re probably looking at tops 4 wins.  If the jets finish 4-12, which i consider a best case scenario, that’s going to get you a top 3 pick.  

Colts, Chargers, Raiders are all playoff contenders, IMO.

If we keep playing like this, we’re lucky to bag 2 wins.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Icer said:

The Broncos are real contenders for that top pick with Driskel under center for a significant portion of time.

He actually played well against the Steelers.

Denver has a lot of weapons on offense and the defense is pretty good even without Von Miller

55 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Colts, Chargers, Raiders are all playoff contenders, IMO.

If we keep playing like this, we’re lucky to bag 2 wins.

The only game I feel the Jets have a decent chance to win is the 2nd game with the Dolphags but even then it's coming after the bye and you know how well the Jets do following byes.

Buh-bye.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, peebag said:

The only game I feel the Jets have a decent chance to win is the 2nd game with the Dolphags but even then it's coming after the bye and you know how well the Jets do following byes.

Buh-bye.

The Dolphins have a lot of fight in them under Flores.  I could easily see a sweep by Miami there.

Maybe an 0-16 season will finally be what it takes to demonstrate to the Johnson's they need to stop meddling and let someone else (Douglas) hire the HC.  This mess is entirely their fault.

• Upvote 2