Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Samtorobby47

Blake Bortles will torch us on TNF

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Sam Bortles

Sam wishes he could have Bortles best year 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Get ready for it. Prime time, torched by newly signed Blake Bortles. 

 

You hearing any whispers about a certain HC that would make this fan base happy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Sam Darnold's first three years resembled Blake Bortles', this board would be proclaiming him the second coming.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

 

You hearing any whispers about a certain HC that would make this fan base happy?

The resurrected corpse of Vince Lombardi?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Icer said:

Sam wishes he could have Bortles best year 

Why did @JoJoTownsell1 neg rep this post?  Bortles once threw for 35 TD's in a season.  Sam Darnold does, indeed, wish he could have a season like that.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Icer said:

Sam wishes he could have Bortles best year 

Blake Bortles 2017 Playoffs game log:

Wild Card vs Bills

12 Cmp 23 Att 87 Yds 1 Td 0 Int 2 Sk 12 Yds 75.8 Rate

Divisional @ Steelers

14 Cmp 26 Att 214 Yds 1 Td 0 Int 0 Sk 0 Yds 94.1 Rate

AFC Championship @ Patriots

23 Cmp 36 Att 293 Yds 1 Td 0 Int 3 Sk 20 Yds 98.5 Rate

 

Darnold has a chance to become that good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Blake Bortles 2017 Playoffs game log:

Wild Card vs Bills

12 Cmp 23 Att 87 Yds 1 Td 0 Int 2 Sk 12 Yds 75.8 Rate

Divisional @ Steelers

14 Cmp 26 Att 214 Yds 1 Td 0 Int 0 Sk 0 Yds 94.1 Rate

AFC Championship @ Patriots

23 Cmp 36 Att 293 Yds 1 Td 0 Int 3 Sk 20 Yds 98.5 Rate

 

Darnold has a chance to become that good.

 

Can he throw 35 TDs in a season?  Can he be a starting QB for a playoff team?

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why did @JoJoTownsell1 neg rep this post?  Bortles once threw for 35 TD's in a season.  Sam Darnold does, indeed, wish he could have a season like that.

Because the Jaguars went 5-11 that year and generally sucked even when putting up fluky TD numbers 1 year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Because the Jaguars went 5-11 that year and generally sucked even when putting up fluky TD numbers 1 year

So a QB can be good on a bad team?  Amazing.  Didn't think that was possible based on what I've been told here.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I watched, in person, Bortles torch the Jets for 500 yards of offense in Jacksonville 2 or 3 years ago. Trumaine Johnson got beat by 5 yards for a long TD by Moncrief.  Dede shredded them all day.  Darnold missed several open receivers that day.  And Blowes did one of his punts down 2 scores late in the 4th quarter.

A total joke of a game.

Bortles was mic'd up.  I think he was talking to Maye?  But he legit was like, "dude, we are running crossers on you all day, why dont you guys go zone".  Blake Bortles literally telling you how to stop the sh*tty Jags who are absolutely torching you.

NY JETS BABY!!!!!!!!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

Can he throw 35 TDs in a season?  Can he be a starting QB for a playoff team?

I don't think Sam will ever throw 30 or more touchdowns. I think Darnold has enough talent that maybe he could become good enough to play that Bortles in the 2017 Playoffs role. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Get ready for it. Prime time, torched by newly signed Blake Bortles. 

Now THAT would be Jetsy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So a QB can be good on a bad team?  Amazing.  Didn't think that was possible based on what I've been told here.

Who said Bortles was ever good? No one ever thought Bortles was good even when he put up good numbers 1 year. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Who said Bortles was ever good? No one ever thought Bortles was good even when he put up good numbers 1 year. 

This doesn't dispel the argument:  Darnold wishes he could have a season like that.  

We all know Bortles sucks and is a bust.  That doesn't somehow make Darnold good by comparison.  It demonstrates that you need a QB to show you something by year 3, and even then still might be a bust.  Darnold hasn't even reached Bortles' level yet as a QB.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The point your missing was the original poster indicated that Darnold wishes he had a year like Bortles where his team won 5 games. 

I am pretty sure Darnold wishes to  be a pro bowl caliber Qb and carry his team to a Super Bowl. 

Some of you are delirious with frustration that you can't think straight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Any chance we can counter with a Flacco #revengegame

C;mon this is the Jets in 2020...Flacco is going to come throw 3 picks sixes in the 1st quarter and rip off his jersey revealing a Broncos jersey underneath while Elway teabgas Darnold on the sideline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The point your missing was the original poster indicated that Darnold wishes he had a year like Bortles where his team won 5 games. 

I am pretty sure Darnold wishes to  be a pro bowl caliber Qb and carry his team to a Super Bowl. 

Some of you are delirious with frustration that you can't think straight. 

5 wins would be a miracle this year.  

The Jets won 7 last year but were also outscored by 83 points on the season.  That wasn't a good year.  Not for Darnold, not for anybody.  It was an historically easy schedule that Jets team played, which included wins over the likes of Devlin Hodges/Mason Rudolph and Matt Barkley. 

Nothing to be proud of, nor did it have a "carryover effect", as late season meaningless wins rarely do.  

To this point in their respective careers, as sad as it is to say, Bortles > Darnold.  He had a 35-TD season plus was a playoff QB.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did not mention it in the original tweet.   But Bortles was signed for salad prep and manning the grill during busy times at the grill station.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's nice to see all of the jets fans coming together here keeping this jets message board alive with our  own issues of self loathing combined with the well earned contempt we have for this team.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, JiF said:

Bortles was mic'd up.  I think he was talking to Maye?  But he legit was like, "dude, we are running crossers on you all day, why dont you guys go zone".  Blake Bortles literally telling you how to stop the sh*tty Jags who are absolutely torching you.

NY JETS BABY!!!!!!!!

I remember that game (it was early in 2018) specially because I bet an ungodly amount of money on the Jags in game.

 

That's the one good thing about being a Jets fan.  You can tell pretty early on when it is going to be "one of those games" (like this past Sunday) and make some good money live betting against the Jets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why did @JoJoTownsell1 neg rep this post?  Bortles once threw for 35 TD's in a season.  Sam Darnold does, indeed, wish he could have a season like that.

Truth telling don’t make you no friends here. You know thatz

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

5 wins would be a miracle this year.  

The Jets won 7 last year but were also outscored by 83 points on the season.  That wasn't a good year.  Not for Darnold, not for anybody.  It was an historically easy schedule that Jets team played, which included wins over the likes of Devlin Hodges/Mason Rudolph and Matt Barkley. 

Nothing to be proud of, nor did it have a "carryover effect", as late season meaningless wins rarely do.  

To this point in their respective careers, as sad as it is to say, Bortles > Darnold.  He had a 35-TD season plus was a playoff QB.

So you are saying that because Darnold hasn't done well in the past he shouldn't want to be a great QB anymore and just wish to one day be Blake Bortles?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So you are saying that because Darnold hasn't done well in the past he shouldn't want to be a great QB anymore and just wish to one day be Blake Bortles?  

lol.  What?

Obviously Darnold should strive to be better than Blake Bortles.  He just isn't, and wishes he could have a season where he throws 35 TDs and/or makes the playoffs.

This is fairly simple stuff that you're trying to twist into a pretzel for some reason.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Who said Bortles was ever good? No one ever thought Bortles was good even when he put up good numbers 1 year. 

Slowly raises his hand and puts it down again

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...