Ex-Jets linemen celebrate 2-0 records with subtle jab at former team

JustInFudge

21 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It seems Douglas' plan to create "the best culture in sports" is well on its way.

It's impossible to see a positive culture come to fruition until the wins start coming.  I like the high character guys we've brought in to date without necessarily sacrificing much in athleticism or ability. 

Becton is both athletically gifted at a seemingly unlimited level AND seems to be a future leader for this team (if he isn't one already).  But we obviously need a lot more building blocks to start to turn the tide here.  Hopefully a guy like Ashtyn Davis can be another building block like that, on the defensive end.   I'm truly surprised we haven't seen him on the field much just yet.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's impossible to see a positive culture come to fruition until the wins start coming.  I like the high character guys we've brought in to date without necessarily sacrificing much in athleticism or ability. 

Becton is both athletically gifted at a seemingly unlimited level AND seems to be a future leader for this team (if he isn't one already).  But we obviously need a lot more building blocks to start to turn the tide here.  Hopefully a guy like Ashtyn Davis can be another building block like that, on the defensive end.   I'm truly surprised we haven't seen him on the field much just yet.  

I agree, it was a joke. But clearly Adam Gase is not conducive to a "good culture" in more ways than one.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

They’re literally all 2-0 except Kalil who retired.

Shell - Seahawks

Beachum - Cardinals

Osemele - Chiefs

Winters - Bills

Actually unbelievable.

You have to wonder why these guys are good enough on other teams but the worst at their position in the entire league while they're here.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

You have to wonder why these guys are good enough on other teams but the worst at their position in the entire league while they're here.

Well I know Winters didn’t start week 1, Osmele showed potential so that is not a surprise. If Shell is doing well, that would be a bit of a surprise to me but I bet he is still worse than Fant. And Beachum is serviceable. I doubt he is any different in the new colors. 

5 minutes ago, Drums said:

Well I know Winters didn’t start week 1, Osmele showed potential so that is not a surprise. If Shell is doing well, that would be a bit of a surprise to me but I bet he is still worse than Fant. And Beachum is serviceable. I doubt he is any different in the new colors. 

All of them but Winters have played 100% of the snaps for the 3 of the best offenses in Football.  lol   Arizona, Seattle and Kansas City.

I'm not saying we're missing any of them, I'm not saying we didnt upgrade.  I'm saying, the examples of players who are just fine/to good/to better/to having career years away from Adam Gase keep piling up.  All these dudes contributed to what was one of the worst lines I've ever seen, suddenly playing 100% of the snaps on 2-0 teams that put up points. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

All of them but Winters have played 100% of the snaps for the 3 of the best offenses in Football.  lol   Arizona, Seattle and Kansas City.

I'm not saying we're missing any of them, I'm not saying we didnt upgrade.  I'm saying, the examples of players who are just fine/to good/to better/to having career years away from Adam Gase keep piling up.  All these dudes contributed to what was one of the worst lines I've ever seen, suddenly playing 100% of the snaps on 2-0 teams that put up points. 

Yup. I mean it helps that they are the weak link to good lines instead of the strong link on a weak line but I’m picking up what you’re putting down. 

All But Winters I believe. But, for Osemele and Shell they are playing on teams with HOF generational QBs so it makes blocking a lot easier. Even Beachem is on a team where the QB is coming into his own. I love Darnold, but right now no matter the reason bad coaching, bad skill players, etc. he is just not consistent at all, so blocking for him is that much harder. I know, I was a LG in HS and there is a big difference blocking depending on how good the QB is behind you. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

All But Winters I believe. But, for Osemele and Shell they are playing on teams with HOF generational QBs so it makes blocking a lot easier. Even Beachem is on a team where the QB is coming into his own. I love Darnold, but right now no matter the reason bad coaching, bad skill players, etc. he is just not consistent at all, so blocking for him is that much harder. I know, I was a LG in HS and there is a big difference blocking depending on how good the QB is behind you. 

This is true but as you also know, sometimes it's harder to play for scrambling/off script QB's because you always have to your chin up looking for someone to block, the play is never over.  That can be taxing.   All of them also have significantly better weaponz who get open faster and more consistently. 

16 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Beachum is basically saying Gase doesn't understand line play, which totally makes sense.

But hey, Peyton Manning loves him because his coffee was hot.

Perfect mix of sugar and cream because lets be real, Manning's dont drink their coffee black like real men.

• Haha 1

You know what? **** both of these guys you shouldn't be 30 years old and need to be coached up. Take some initiative and figure out what the f*** your job is.

I'm known to wax poetic about the young kids and undrafted free agents but I have no patience for millionaires who are fat and lazy and want to blame everybody else.

Try being a leader instead of eating four fried chickens a day and standing around at 300 pounds waiting to be told what to do?  How about them apples!? You've only been playing football since you're 7 years old but let's blame the city and the coach. It's laughable and the true definition of Man-child.

You want to know why they brought Frank Gore in here? Cuz Frank Gore is a man and he doesn't need to be told what to do, he already knows what to do. Same goes for McLendon and Hogan.

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

They’re literally all 2-0 except Kalil who retired.

Shell - Seahawks-Starting at right T and playing about the same as Fant for less money.

Beachum - Cardinals-Starting at right T and playing about the same as Fant for less money.

Osemele - Chiefs-Starting at left G and would be upgrade over Lewis.  Just a trainwreck situation.

Winters - Bills-He does not play and we could have used him for depth for $2mm.  Would he be better than GVR?  Maybe, but at 2x the money.

Actually unbelievable.

I think as a general matter JD needs to focus on signing capable players rather than saving money.