What does it say about all of us that we stick by this franchise?

Jetsfan80

A fan since 1960 at the Polo Grounds TITANS, season ticket holder at Shea JETS, watched Namath come up as a rookie, Enlisted to serve in the Air Force Vietnam '68 - 72. I was home on leave for the "Heidi Game" :(, never got to go or see the Super Bowl III game and I still root for The J E T S Jets, Jets Jets. I have never asked for a Coach to be fired BUT PLEASE FIRE ADAM GASE !!! I want to see and be at a Super Bowl in my lifetime :)

• Upvote 1

It was harder when I was a younger man.  It hurts the most when they had the occasional good season, only to blow it.

Let's face it, they've been so bad for so long now that I'm pretty numb to the experience now.

If they came out of the gate 4-1 and then played like they always do, hell yeah that would hurt again.

I do know that the day after I quit, they'll go on a Pats like run.

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Nice to know we root for a team with no poseur or fair weather fans. If and one day Jets are good we will feel like we earned it together.

And as I learned long ago, the year I bailed on the Tampa Bay Bucs after season after season of futility, they won the Super Bowl!  I live in NYC now and am Jets do or die! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jetluv58 said:

And as I learned long ago, the year I bailed on the Tampa Bay Bucs after season after season of futility, they won the Super Bowl!  I live in NYC now and am Jets do or die! 

I’m starting a gofundme to pay you to bail on the Jets ASAP

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

50 years since a Super Bowl appearance and 10 years since our last playoff appearance.  Yet we're all still here.  Mostly, I find that the most entertainment I get from the Jets is from people like you all making jokes and self-loathing posts about the state of the Jets.  Misery certainly loves company.  The easiest thing is to just joke about it and basically just stop caring.  

But whether you still get emotional about losses or not anymore....what does it say about all of us that we continue to stick by this team?  Are we weak-minded for not just walking away entirely, or are we actually mentally tougher?  Are we loathsome lemmings, or people to be commended for not being fairweather and just jumping on a different bandwagon?  Because we certainly don't get any tangible rewards for loyalty to this dumb team, that's for sure.

Believe it or not, I can't wait to be at my favorite NFL bar on Sunday to watch the game. I'll be wearing my authentic Q. Williams stealth black jersey. I've been a fan since 1968 and my daughter is just as nuts about the team as I am!  Should I feel guilty what I did to her???

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Believe it or not, I can't wait to be at my favorite NFL bar on Sunday to watch the game. I'll be wearing my authentic Q. Williams stealth black jersey. I've been a fan since 1968 and my daughter is just a nuts about the team as I am!  Should I feel guilty what I did to her???

If she had not have been alive long enough to witness (and appreciate) the Jets making the playoffs, I'd be calling Child Protective Services on your a$$.

But since you've been a fan since 1968 my guess is she has at least had a few good seasons....

Just don't let her pass it on to the next generation.

• Upvote 1

It's not really a matter of choice.  It's like religion.  Hard to convert.  If I could root for another team with the passion and feeling I have for the Jets I would-gladly.  Just unable to do it.  Have not been able to enjoy my football team in 10 years and it just keeps getting worse.

• Upvote 2

I care less and less each year. Which is a good thing. I was in my early 20’s during the Kotite era and it killed me. Way more in my life with family and kids now. They suck real bad and I could care less. Of course I’ll keep watching and hope someday they get it right- seriously doubt it but oh well. 

What does it say about all of us that we stick by this franchise?

The United States of America needs to spend far more on mental health.  Maybe even shift to a four day work week.

I actually was almost of the stuff until they drafted Sam and dragged me back in, but I'm losing the loving feeling and it'll be gone... gone.... gone.... Until they draft TL and my sick cycle of self abuse starts again. It may be genetic.

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

That we al bought into one of the great farces of toxic masculinity, that you can only pick one team as a small, naive child and then you pledge unwavering loyalty to that team the rest of your god forsaken life, otherwise be dubbed a puss.

^ this misogynist thinks loyalty is a male trait

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Shaming each other as “pussy” or “weak” for the changing our minds is the male trait. 

Sometimes the bizarre twist you put on things is really, really creepy.

Lol.. too easy ape. 

But honestly as to the italicized, if that's why you are still a fan your ape brain needs some evolving . Most humans remain fans due to things like tradition, tribalism, identity, etc.. reasons far more mundane than toxic masculinity. I feel bad for you that you either think like this or are just taking this oppointuinity to prove your wokeness

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

50 years since a Super Bowl appearance and 10 years since our last playoff appearance.  Yet we're all still here.  Mostly, I find that the most entertainment I get from the Jets is from people like you all making jokes and self-loathing posts about the state of the Jets.  Misery certainly loves company.  The easiest thing is to just joke about it and basically just stop caring.  

But whether you still get emotional about losses or not anymore....what does it say about all of us that we continue to stick by this team?  Are we weak-minded for not just walking away entirely, or are we actually mentally tougher?  Are we loathsome lemmings, or people to be commended for not being fairweather and just jumping on a different bandwagon?  Because we certainly don't get any tangible rewards for loyalty to this dumb team, that's for sure.

We all are bothered when they lose and even moreso when they are non-competitive like now thus far. But, we are loyal to our team and deep down feel that there will be a higher reward than pretty much any other team experiences if/when it turns around. The everlasting quest for hope like Professor X in X-Men. It more about idealism and less about realism. I always expect everything in life to get better, but unfortunately most situations just seem to get worse and never turn around. But myself and most Jet fans are not made in a way where we will give up on our team. Right now I feel the main hope and most important person on this team right now is JD. If he can take the draft picks over 2021/2022 with 4 number 1's, and 3 number 3's along with the rest of the 17 total picks plus the high cap space we have for those 2 years, and hit on many of those players we can have a solid team in after that and give it our best shot from there. We can only hope.

3 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

We all are bothered when they lose and even moreso when they are non-competitive like now thus far. But, we are loyal to our team and deep down feel that there will be a higher reward than pretty much any other team experiences if/when it turns around. The everlasting quest for hope like Professor X in X-Men. It more about idealism and less about realism. I always expect everything in life to get better, but unfortunately most situations just seem to get worse and never turn around. But myself and most Jet fans are not made in a way where we will give up on our team. Right now I feel the main hope and most important person on this team right now is JD. If he can take the draft picks over 2021/2022 with 4 number 1's, and 3 number 3's along with the rest of the 17 total picks plus the high cap space we have for those 2 years, and hit on many of those players we can have a solid team in after that and give it our best shot from there. We can only hope.

I’ll give you a Robert Kraft special if you hit return a couple times on your next post 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

If I commented about the 1st 2 games, I would have been lying out my teeth, because after the first Bills touchdown, I turned the game off and haven't watched another down. I figure at 63, I might finally have better things to do lol...  I'll watch again, but probably not until GASE is GONE...

When Collins took over as Mets manager I stopped watching on a regular basis. I just couldn’t stand the imbecile. But I’ve always watched the Jets  through thick and thin. Probably because baseball season is 6 months 162 games and football is 4 months 16 games. Yea that’s it. 16 days of torture compared to 162. I can deal with that. 

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Lol.. too easy ape. 

But honestly as to the italicized, if that's why you are still a fan your ape brain needs some evolving . Most humans remain fans due to things like tradition, tribalism, identity, etc.. reasons far more mundane than toxic masculinity. I feel bad for you that you either think like this or are just taking this oppointuinity to prove your wokeness

Too easy? You’re responding as the only person in-thread that took my toxic masculinity post seriously. I’m just stringing you out now.. GET A BRIAN MORAN!!!

(You know Ive worked in branding and marketing as long as we’ve been posting, but thank you for the lesson on what drives loyalty.)

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jets fans are hopeless.  It's like you buy a lottery ticket with the hope that you will win it big, but you will never win it big, because that is just the reality.

Jets fans think that things will get better from year to year, but like the guy who plays the lottery, you just know that you will never win, and you will lose for the rest of your life, but you still continue to buy that lottery ticket, because with that lottery ticket you continue to have hope.

Us Jets fans continue to buy the lottery tickets, but we will continue to lose.

• Upvote 1