PFT has us at 29th

The latest Power Rankings are out.

I bolded the AFC East teams.

1. Chiefs (previously No. 1; 2-0): Maybe the Chiefs should just spot every team a double-digit lead.

2. Ravens (No. 2; 2-0): They’re two wins short of 16 straight regular-season victories. The Chiefs stand in the way of No. 15.

3. Seahawks (No. 3; 2-0): At this rate, Russell Wilson won’t just get his first MVP vote. He’ll get his first 50.

4. Patriots (No. 4; 1-1): If Cam stays healthy, they won’t lose many more than the one they lost this week.

5. Bills (No. 7; 2-0): The Bills finally have found their next Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas, in the same guy.

6. Packers (No. 9; 2-0): They’re better than they were last year. Imagine how much better they’d be if they’d used their first-round pick on a receiver.

7. Titans (No. 8; 2-0): Eventually, they’ll be winning games by more than two or three points.

8. Saints (No. 5; 1-1): They need Michael Thomas back, quickly.

9. Buccaneers (No. 9; 1-1): Tom Brady has struggled in Denver, but he’s never faced Jeff Driskel there.

10. Steelers (No. 11; 2-0): We’ll see what this team is made of when they face Baltimore for the first time.

11. Cardinals (No. 12; 2-0): The Cardinals could be undefeated when a national audience finally gets a chance to fully appreciate Kyler Murray and company on a Monday night in Dallas.

12. Rams (No. 13; 2-0): They’re handling teams from the NFC East; what will they do against the teams of the NFC West?

13. 49ers (No. 6; 1-1): Losing Nick Bosa makes the defensive ordinary. The offense isn’t sufficiently extraordinary to make up for it.

14. Raiders (No. 20; 2-0): The Death Roomba sucked the life out of the Saints.

15. Cowboys (No. 14; 1-1): Plenty of Cowboys fans already are longing for Jason Garrett.

16. Bears (No. 21; 2-0): September victories are money in the bank, and they build confidence for the battles to come.

17. Chargers (No. 18; 1-1): They’ll go higher when they fully embrace the fact that Justin Herbert is the answer, both short-term and long-term.

18. Colts (No. 23; 1-1): If they make it look that easy every week, they’ll be a tough out in January.

19. Eagles (No. 15; 0-2): The sooner they think they’re in a “must” win situation, the sooner they’ll start winning.

20. Texans (No. 17; 0-2): Their hardest two games are out of the way. Now, they can figure out who they are.

21. Falcons (No. 19; 0-2): When the coach says the team knows the onside kick rules and the owner says it doesn’t, that’s not a good sign for the coach.

22. Broncos (No. 16; 0-2): Two close losses against significantly better teams are still two close losses.

23. Washington (No. 24; 1-1): They’re not the first nor the last to fall victim to the magic that is Kyler Murray.

24. Browns (No. 32; 1-1): Embrace the run, and the victories will come.

25. Jaguars (No. 28; 1-1): This team will make some noise if it can win the games it should.

26. Dolphins (No. 25; 0-2): The clock continues to flash Tua Time.

27. Bengals (No. 29; 0-2): Joe Burrow makes the Bengals the most exciting 0-2 team of all time.

28. Vikings (No. 22; 0-2): Some teams were prepared for the strangest season ever, some weren’t. One team doesn’t really seem to care that the season has started.

29. Jets (No. 26; 0-2): How lopsided would the game have been if the 49ers hadn’t been ravaged by injuries?

30. Lions (No. 27; 0-2): The “reset” button is already blinking.

31. Giants (No. 30; 0-2): No Saquon? No problem. Wait, I mean big problem.

32. Panthers (No. 31; 0-2): They’ve performed admirably, but that becomes a lot harder with the best running back in football not available for a month or so.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/22/pfts-week-three-power-rankings-3/

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Ten teams are 0-2.  The Jets lost to 5 and 13.   The lower ranked team they lost to was in the super bowl last season.   The Jets are not good, but the soft camp and injuries usually lead to a slow start.  I don't think they will (truly) right the ship, but they will improve and win games.  

I would love to agree with you but we got destroyed by a team that lost all of their top players. Most couldn’t even name 5 guys that were playing in quarter 3. 

I do agree we will win some games but they’ll be against really really bad teams. I don’t see us upsetting anyone on our schedule right now and I don’t even want to think about the Chiefs game. Has a team scored 100 points in a game yet because...

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Ten teams are 0-2.  The Jets lost to 5 and 13.   The lower ranked team they lost to was in the super bowl last season.   The Jets are not good, but the soft camp and injuries usually lead to a slow start.  I don't think they will (truly) right the ship, but they will improve and win games.  

I agree.

6 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

The 3 teams below the Jets were more competitive than the Jets

Meaning that those 3 teams did not lose in an embarrassing fashion like the Jets have, but then again, maybe the embarrass/compete meter directly corresponds to your opponent's ranking. The lower the rank the higher the compete level. The higher the rank the higher the embarrassment factor.

They are putting too much stock into who we've played, rather than how competitive the games were. Especially against that makeshift 49ers team that more closely resembled the team that earned the #2 overall draft pick two years ago than the NFC champion last year.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Only rankings that I’ve seen that don’t have us last. Laughable that we’re ahead of Carolina tbh.

Both the Giants and Panthers have pushed 2-0 teams to the brink. The Lions have blown games they were dominating. Our games have been over after the opponent’s first possession. We haven’t been competitive for a series.

Yeah. That wasn’t really the 49ers though. More the 39ers.

The Giants pushed the Bears to the brink?  The Bears suck.  The Lions were dominating them?  I'm shocked.  The Lions suck.  Carolina sucks too.  The Raiders really surprised me this week.  The rest?  Sucky teams playing each other.  Don't be fooled.  It's the 2019 Jets homestretch all over again.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The Giants pushed the Bears to the brink?  The Bears suck.  The Lions were dominating them?  I'm shocked.  The Lions suck.  Carolina sucks too.  The Raiders really surprised me this week.  The rest?  Sucky teams playing each other.  Don't be fooled.  It's the 2019 Jets homestretch all over again.

They played the Steelers close right up until the 4th quarter. 

All of these teams suck but considerably less than the Jets. The Jets haven’t moved the ball anywhere close to how the Lions and Panthers have. We are another level below.

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

They played the Steelers close right up until the 4th quarter. 

All of these teams suck but considerably less than the Jets. The Jets haven’t moved the ball anywhere close to how the Lions and Panthers have. We are another level below.

I am not arguing that the Jets have played better than those teams, but trying to determine how good teams are based on how they lost is fool's gold.  The Giants have played hard, credit to Judge, but it is early and they truly sucked even before Barkley went down.  So do the Jets, but let's see how they look against Jeff Driskel before we decide they are the worst 0-2 team in history.  They may well be, but it is a bit early to crown them just yet.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Against who?

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

The Giants sucked before they lost Saquon Barkley and haven't had near the significant injuries the Jets have had. When we are healthy we're the best team in Jersey. Forget about it. 

IDK, I think Rutgers could beat either one.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Whoever.  DId you think they would beat the Cowboys last season?

Actually yes.

I have several friends that had stated that it would be a close game - they had stated that if Cooper went down, it would be all over for the 'boys.

Weird that it played out like that.

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The divide between the best teams in the league and the worst teams has never been greater. Despite all of the NFL's attempts to create parity, they neglected the fact that not all front offices are created equally.

The sport is barely watchable.

Especially without cheerleaders on the field.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am not arguing that the Jets have played better than those teams, but trying to determine how good teams are based on how they lost is fool's gold.  The Giants have played hard, credit to Judge, but it is early and they truly sucked even before Barkley went down.  So do the Jets, but let's see how they look against Jeff Driskel before we decide they are the worst 0-2 team in history.  They may well be, but it is a bit early to crown them just yet.

Oh I agree. I know we're going to randomly pull off some performances to doom us long term because of course we will.

I think right now based on both performances and looking at the rosters there's no team close to us and I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise - We've blatantly been the worst through two games. We haven't shown anything and anyone who was paying attention to the camp reports wouldn't have been surprised. 

5 hours ago, DonMaynardFan said:

29. Jets (No. 26; 0-2): How lopsided would the game have been if the 49ers hadn’t been ravaged by injuries?

30. Lions (No. 27; 0-2): The “reset” button is already blinking.

31. Giants (No. 30; 0-2): No Saquon? No problem. Wait, I mean big problem.

32. Panthers (No. 31; 0-2): They’ve performed admirably, but that becomes a lot harder with the best running back in football not available for a month or so.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/22/pfts-week-three-power-rankings-3/

How are the Jets ranked higher than the Giants?  The Giants were competitive in both their games.  The Jets got spanked by the 49ers' backups.  The only team right now that is even in consideration for worst team (along with us) is Detroit.