Predictions for the remainder of the season

Jetsfan80

Which of the remaining regular season games will the Jets win (choose all that apply)?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the remaining regular season games will the Jets win (choose all that apply)?

• @ Colts
    • vs Broncos
    • vs Cardinals
    • @ Chargers
    • vs Bills
    • @ Chiefs
    • vs Patriots
    • @ Dolphins
    • vs Dolphins
    • vs Raiders
    • @ Seahawks
    • @ Rams
    • vs Browns
    • @ Patriots
    • None: The Jets will not win another game this season
  2. 2. Sam Darnold has thrown for 394 yards so far in 2020. How many yards will he finish with this season?

• Over 4,000
    • 3,750-4,000
    • 3,500-3,749
    • 3,250-3,499
    • 3,000-3,249
    • Under 3,000
  3. 3. When will Adam Gase get fired?

• Prior to Week 4
    • Between Weeks 4-8
    • Between Weeks 8-11
    • During the Week 11 Bye
    • Between Weeks 12-17
    • Immediately following the 2020 season
    • Not until 2021 or later
  4. 4. Will the Jets trade for a WR prior to the trade deadline?

• Yes, Allen Robinson
    • Yes, JuJu Smith-Schuster
    • Yes, Chris Godwin
    • Yes, but none of the WR's listed above (specify in thread)
    • No, they will wait until the offseason to add any WR's of significance
  5. 5. Other than Mekhi Becton, which of the Jets' 2020 draft choices/UDFA's (those still on the team) will make the MOST impact in the final 14 games?

• WR Denzel Mims
    • S Ashtyn Davis
    • EDGE Jabari Zuniga
    • RB La'Mical Perine
    • QB James Morgan
    • OL Cameron Clark
    • CB Bryce Hall
    • P Braden Mann
    • EDGE Bryce Huff
    • WR Lawrence Cager
    • DB Javelin Guidry
    • CB Lamar Jackson
  6. 6. Quinnen Williams has 2.0 sacks so far this season. How many will he finish with?

• Over 10
    • Between 9-10
    • 7-8.5
    • 5-6.5
    • 2.5-4.5

How will the rest of the season go for the Jets, across these 6 categories?

For those who can't see the poll questions on your phone, these are the 6 questions:

1. Which of the remaining regular season games will the Jets win (choose all that apply)?
  2. Sam Darnold has thrown for 394 yards so far in 2020.  How many yards will he finish with this season?
  3. When will Adam Gase get fired?
  4. Will the Jets trade for a WR prior to the trade deadline?
  5. Other than Mekhi Becton, which of the Jets' 2020 draft choices/UDFA's (those still on the team) will make the MOST impact in the final 14 games?
  6. Quinnen Williams has 2.0 sacks so far this season.  How many will he finish with?

15 minutes ago, peebag said:

They better win one sooner than later because if they head into the bye at 0-9, we could be joining the 2008 Lions in infamy.

We maybe got a shot against the Broncos or Colts, but not the way we looked the last two weeks. We better not **** up the Lawrence sweepstakes with a BS second half rally. Even if you want to keep Darnold around we can sell that pick for the biggest draft haul in NFL history

• Post of the Week 1

A lot of pessimism being demonstrated when it comes to when Gase will be fired.

There's just no way I can imagine him surviving to coach the team in 2021.  Even though the Johnson's have never fired a coach midseason before, I think its a virtual slam dunk that Gase will be the first.  You can't get blown out every week and not have public opinion eventually wear ownership down.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

We maybe got a shot against the Broncos or Colts, but not the way we looked the last two weeks. We better not **** up the Lawrence sweepstakes with a BS second half rally. Even if you want to keep Darnold around we can sell that pick for the biggest draft haul in NFL history

The Colts game won't be remotely competitive, and I don't know why anyone would think it will be.  They have a vastly superior roster, and are well-coached.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ken Schroy said:

I chose 0-16 record but I actually think they will win 1 or maybe 2 games this year. Don't know who though. The Jets are going to be the team that no one will want to lose to.

I also said 0 - 16 when you go for a field goal late in the third quarter, losing by double digits 24-3, your team has not performed well offensively, you are an IDIOT The Jets aren’t playing to win games. They’re kicking field goals down three touchdowns in the third quarter. They’re punting while down in the fourth quarter just trying to reach the end of the game. ---- FIRE ADAM GASE !!!

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There's just no way I can imagine him surviving to coach the team in 2021.  Even though the Johnson's have never fired a coach midseason before, I think its a virtual slam dunk that Gase will be the first.  You can't get blown out every week and not have public opinion eventually wear ownership down.

The Jets aren’t playing to win games. They’re kicking field goals down three touchdowns in the third quarter. They’re punting while down in the fourth quarter just trying to reach the end of the game.

FIRE ADAM GASE ..... NOW !!!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No Jet coach has ever been fired mid season. Lou Holtz quit before the season ended, but thats it. Gase will fired on Black Monday.

I said 3-13. My guess is they beat the Broncos and Dolphins at home and steal one more in a shocker upset.

Darnold finishes with 3250 yards or so.

Gase is fired after the season.

Jets don't make a move at WR unti after the season.

I said Mims makes the most impact but that could be wishful thinking. Mann is the safer pick.

Williams finishes with 8 sacks.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ken Schroy said:

No Jet coach has ever been fired mid season. Lou Holtz quit before the season ended, but thats it. Gase will fired on Black Monday.

No Jets coach has ever been this individually ridiculed before. Every commentary on the Jets begins and ends with how uniquely horrific the HC is and how ridiculous a hire it was in the first place. The laughing stock of the league.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

No Jets coach has ever been this individually ridiculed before. Every commentary on the Jets begins and ends with how uniquely horrific the HC is and how ridiculous a hire it was in the first place. The laughing stock of the league.

You must not remember the Lou Holtz, Kotite or end of Walton era.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

It reminds me a lot of Idzik. Two years in things were terrible but what really sealed his fate was that fan revolt and that terrible mid-season presser.

I'd still bet he survives the season but there's no way Gase can be back in 2021.

As of now, I don't see us beating Denver. The Broncos played two of the best teams in the league competitively in back to back weeks. We couldn't dream of doing something like that. And Bortles is a classic example of a JAG veteran who will walk into our building and take a giant sh*t on our defense - right in front of our overrated blowhard of a defensive coordinator. 

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I said that in the post that its never happened before, and that Gase would be the first....

It is a stupid precedent.

Firing before season ends allow the coach fired to begin job searching sooner, and not dangling in the wind.

It also allows the team to move on and begin interviewing sooner, particularly if you are going to consider some college candidates. 

Just move on, and don't delay if you are going to do it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

You're right. I ment to say Chargers. Colts are going to run it down our throats. My apologies 

I can't agree on the Chargers game, either.  They just went toe to toe with the Chiefs, and Herbert had one of the better QB debuts in recent memory.  QB's are usually awful in their first games, and he didn't know he was going to be starting that game until gameday.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I can't agree on the Chargers game, either.  They just went toe to toe with the Chiefs, and Herbert had one of the better QB debuts in recent memory.  QB's are usually awful in their first games, and he didn't know he was going to be starting that game until gameday.  

I think we're going 0-9. I don't see us beating anyone including Alabama or Clemson right now given the effort and coaching. I'm just throwing it in cause the rookie QB. Chargers should have won that game. They played scared the last 5 minutes of regulation. Running clock when they should have gone for the TD. What good is a 3 point lead with Mahomes and Butker who can hit a FG from half field?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Colts game won't be remotely competitive, and I don't know why anyone would think it will be.  They have a vastly superior roster, and are well-coached.

Are they? They have an excellent roster and have been very mediocre. I dont see them as well coached at all

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Are they? They have an excellent roster and have been very mediocre. I dont see them as well coached at all

Yes, Frank Reich is a very good coach.  He went 10-6 his first year (2018), and Luck was excellent under him (39 TD / 15 INT).  

Then Luck retired abruptly before 2019.  They still went 7-9 with Jacoby Brissett. 

Last week they dismantled the Vikings 28-11.

They probably have better talent than they do coaching.  But both are strong.