Barry McCockinner

Avery Williamson on WFAN: "We don't practice to win games" (according to random twitter guy)

Did Macdougald have a quote on how the Jets practice that I did not see?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, varjet said:

Did Macdougald have a quote on how the Jets practice that I did not see?

Yes, said something similar. I have a feeling this twitter guy has confused the two players. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

Wow if true thats a shot in the nuts to Gase

He’s rich as F though.

So much for Douglas building the best culture in football. Half of the roster tapping out with injuries and terrible practice habits ...a lot of guys just collecting a lot of money to not do much or anything. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

That's 2 players who have now called out the fact that this team doesn't practice well enough.  Williamson and McDougald.

FIRE GASE.  NOW.

To be fair this predates Gase. Same issues with Bowles.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Never heard of the person who tweeted this, so I'll take it with a grain of salt until confirmed. 

How is this on Gase?  Greg Williams runs the defense?!?!  Another agenda driven tweet from the Gase haters...

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 3

Of course you don't practice to win games...Herm already told us...

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, JetsRay said:

How is this on Gase?  Greg Williams runs the defense?!?!  Another agenda driven tweet from the Gase haters...

So if the defense is practicing poorly, that's not on Gase at all? The head coach has no responsibility in how the defense practices? what?

• Post of the Week 3

25 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Hopefully, it's true and the mutiny is starting. Dolphins had to wait until year 3 before the players started speaking out publicly. 

Our only chance at getting him out before the end of the season is probably a player mutiny, and sadly, I don't quite see that happening. 

Honestly, at this point, I am rooting for us to either: (A) Miraculously turn it around and win 9 games, becoming the Cinderella story of the year OR (B) Bottom out and win 1-2 games all  season and make a clean sweep at the end of the year with whomever Douglas sees fit for coach and QB. 

Gase only practices how to not get first downs, and how not to score TDs.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Hopefully, it's true and the mutiny is starting. Dolphins had to wait until year 3 before the players started speaking out publicly. 

either that or the GM, HC and Johnsons are intentionally taking for Trevor.  TL is a much better fit for what Gase wants to do on offense...

14 minutes ago, Beaver said:

I would like to hear of see the entire quote and context.

Go to radio.com you can listen to Joe and Evan's show.  The interview with Avery started at 3pm.

• Upvote 1

The tank is on...or it should be.

The team has already come out and quit, with confirmation by a couple of players.

It’s been 2 games. If they’re quitting already, its time to embrace the tank.

I say 2 wins this year.

• Thumb Down 1

Listened to it and it’s not really what he said. He was more criticising the level and quality of practice. He didn’t really imply that it was through the incompetence of coaching.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, deucebag said:

Go to radio.com you can listen to Joe and Evan's show.  The interview with Avery started at 3pm.

The question came from Joe though so half of this forum will disregard it out-of-hand.

Didn’t sound like a jab at Gase. Sounded like he was saying that the team lacked intensity and meant it about the players. That being said it still feels like the coaching staff failed to be ready this season. That’s the indictment of Gase that’s gonna carry the most. Last season the team was bad but not often penalized and rarely unprepared (sans maybe 3 or 4 games.