Avery Williamson on WFAN: "We don't practice to win games" (according to random twitter guy)

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

It doesn't really matter. The coach runs the practices. If multiple players are telling the media that the practice quality of the team is sh*t, that is yet another indictment of the head coach. 

This stuff predates Gase. Indictment of a lot of things. Not a coincidence the team hasn’t made the playoffs in 10 years. The Jets have a rep that guys can get paid to loaf. Mosely opting out- what kind of example you think that set? 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I wonder how stupid Joe Douglas feels for telling the media that the Jets were p*ssed off at everyone for the low expectations coming into the season. LOL. 

What a joke. 

What's he supposed to say? Yeah we got a bunch of JAG's here and its going to take me three years to undo what the last GM did?

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

It doesn't really matter. The coach runs the practices. If multiple players are telling the media that the practice quality of the team is sh*t, that is yet another indictment of the head coach. 

Obviously yes but it could be also a criticism of the talent level. These guys lost their two best teammates.

It just wasn’t as blatantly a shot at Gase as the title implies. It could easily be interpreted as a shot at the players rather than the coaches.

Just now, Icer said:

What's he supposed to say? Yeah we got a bunch of JAG's here and its going to take me three years to undo what the last GM did?

How about saying nothing? 

Don't tell the f*cking media that you guys are pissed off at being disrespected and then come out and play like the 1976 Bucs. LOL

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Obviously yes but it could be also a criticism of the talent level. These guys lost their two best teammates.

It just wasn’t as blatantly a shot at Gase as the title implies. It could easily be interpreted as a shot at the players rather than the coaches.

We don't disagree, but regardless of how it was interpreted (or intended), it is still an indirect indictment of the coach. 

• Upvote 2

coaches set expectations - desir plays like sh*t in first game and gets benched immediately - doesn’t start game two either - that’s accountability - williams demands it in games - why the disconnect during practices? maybe gase sets entire agenda for practices and williams follows his lead as directed - at least williams makes in game adjustments- or tries to- mr brilliant offensive mind starts off lame and just sticks to lame the entire game

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

Just now, ncjetman said:

coaches set expectations - desir plays like sh*t in first game and gets benched immediately - doesn’t start game two either - that’s accountability - williams demands it in games - why the disconnect during practices? maybe gase sets entire agenda for practices and williams follows his lead as directed - at least williams makes in game adjustments- or tries to- mr brilliant offensive mind starts off lame and just sticks to lame the entire game

Yea, Williams hasn't really distinguished himself through two weeks of play. Tbh, his defense was probably the worst unit on the field last week. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, ncjetman said:

It will sound trite, but it's because Gase is not an NFL caliber HC.   Never has been.   Never will be.  No joke, I don't think he could coach a HS team well.   Face it folks, the guy is a talentless disaster.

22 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He doesn't deserve to the HC of this team, either. 

If I am JD trying to build a team, I want to build a culture and develop my QB.  Gase is being destructive in both accounts.

Bring in GW as HC/DC, JBC as OC, and add some college coaches on loan from teams not playing, and basically make the players work and hit hard, and get Darnold a team of coaches to work with him for the next four months.  

Throw Gase and Hobbit out.

That is what I would do.

• Upvote 3

Just now, y2k8 said:

Gase should have been fired yesterday, but the players share in the blame too.

Where are the leaders that hold other guys accountable?

Good teams have guys that self-police. It can't always be coming from the coaching staff.

Because the entire franchise from owner to players is an abomination.

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

He doesn't deserve to the HC of this team, either. 

1 hour ago, varjet said:

If I am JD trying to build a team, I want to build a culture and develop my QB.  Gase is being destructive in both accounts.

Bring in GW as HC/DC, JBC as OC, and add some college coaches on loan from teams not playing, and basically make the players work and hit hard, and get Darnold a team of coaches to work with him for the next four months.  

Throw Gase and Hobbit out.

That is what I would do.

Step 1:  Fire Gase, Williams, and Patton Oswalt. 

Step 2:  Name Jim Bob Cooter interim HC. 

Step 3:  ???

Step 4:  Profit.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

More of this needs to happen. Only 3 things are gonna change this sh*t show. 

1. The players 

2. The Gm 

3. Fans 

This fan base is getting soft. We need Fireman Ed outside the stadium leading a J-E-T-S chant/fire Gase chant. More of all of this needs to happen. Players need to publicly sh*t on the coach. Fans need to be louder. And Douglas's silence is speaking volumes to me. This is needs to be a real train wreck that's the only way to fix this sh*t show. 

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Holding the head coach accountable for what the defense does is having an agenda?

Are you Gase people f*cking serious? The head coach is ultimately responsible for getting his *entire* team ready to play and giving his team the very best possible chance to win. Did the defense look like it was ready to play at kickoff this past Sunday? 

Thank you!

People RIGHTLY held Bowles responsible for the horrific play on offense!

The big, big difference is the players NEVER publicly turned on Bowles as they are now on Adam Gase!

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

Gase should have been fired yesterday, but the players share in the blame too.

Where are the leaders that hold other guys accountable?

Good teams have guys that self-police. It can't always be coming from the coaching staff.

Really?