BECTON PRAISED AND RANKED AS #1 OFFENSIVE ROOKIE

32EBoozer

2 minutes ago, peebag said:

Do you really think Kyler Murray would have success with the team Darnold has? C'mon.

Absolutely.  Not as much success, but success to the tune of being a top 12-ish QB nonetheless.

Arguing otherwise would suggest you'd put Darnold on the same or near the same level as Mahomes, Murray, or Lamar Jackson.  Which of course would be lunacy.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Absolutely.  Not as much success, but success to the tune of being a top 12-ish QB nonetheless.

Arguing otherwise would suggest you'd put Darnold on the same or near the same level as Mahomes, Murray, or Lamar Jackson.  Which of course would be lunacy.  

So Sam wouldn't benefit with having Larry Fitz, DeAndre Hopkins and Kenyan Drake???

Sorry but throw any other qb back on the Jets and pretty much no one would have success.

It's going to be just so Jetsy if\when Darnold is traded/cut and is picked up by some team that actually can provide him with some semblance of tools to be successful.

• Upvote 2

Just now, peebag said:

So Sam wouldn't benefit with having Larry Fitz, DeAndre Hopkins and Kenyan Drake???

Sorry but throw any other qb back on the Jets and pretty much no one would have success.

It's going to be just so Jetsy if\when Darnold is traded/cut and is picked up by some team that actually can provide him with some semblance of tools to be successful.

After we trade Sam for a 5th round pick I expect him to make multiple pro bowls

Never said he wouldn't.  My position is clear.  He'd still be a bad QB, just a bad QB with good weapons.

There's no need to throw words in my mouth just because you're struggling to create pretzel logic in defense of Darnold.

We'll live.  His ceiling is Andy Dalton.  Any "successful" team that picks him up will be looking to upgrade before long. 

Much like Andy Reid did when he traded up for Mahomes and then dumped Alex Smith after he had a career year.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No more mulligans needed, my man.  We've got two first rounders next season and a whole mess of cap space.  And while I don't think he'll splurge in free agency, I do think he'll add a couple key pieces with that money.  

Next year is always the start of something big for our Jets!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Never said he wouldn't.  My position is clear.  He'd still be a bad QB, just a bad QB with good weapons.

There's no need to throw words in my mouth just because you're struggling to create pretzel logic in defense of Darnold.

I can safely bet he would not be a bad QB with those weapons, lol. Am I saying he'd be the best QB in the league or top 3-5? No, but top 10-12? Absolutely, I'd bet on that. 

Kyler Murray would probably be looking about the same here as Darnold. 

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Darnold isn't the guy.  Stop worrying about what Douglas did or did not do for the 2020 season.  It's all about 2021 and beyond. 

Let Douglas pick the next HC and QB and let's get this show on the road.

Meh, whether on the road or at home, this team will continue to be a sh!tshow.

:P

• Haha 1

Here's my eyeball test since @Jetsfan80 seems to like giving them in this thread

When I watch the Cowboys I see an immensely talented offense that struggles mightily early in games because Prescott is just incredibly average. Then when losing he gets to throw against soft zone with 5s in the pocket which almost any QB in the NFL would be successful at.

If Darnold was on the Cowboys he would outplay Prescott. No doubt in my mind.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Here's my eyeball test since @Jetsfan80 seems to like giving them in this thread

When I watch the Cowboys I see an immensely talented offense that struggles mightily early in games because Prescott is just incredibly average. Then when losing he gets to throw against soft zone with 5s in the pocket which almost any QB in the NFL would be successful at.

So all "eyeball tests" on Darnold are based on hypotheticals and what other QB's are doing or not doing.  

Makes perfect sense.  We didn't do this with Sanchez or Geno or anything.

46 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

I can safely bet he would not be a bad QB with those weapons, lol. Am I saying he'd be the best QB in the league or top 3-5? No, but top 10-12? Absolutely, I'd bet on that. 

Kyler Murray would probably be looking about the same here as Darnold. 

So again, you're saying Darnold is about as good as Kyler Murray.

This is an absurd take.  Absolutely absurd.  Murray was vastly better as a rookie than Darnold is now.  And then Murray got BETTER than that this year, as he seems to clearly be making that 2nd year jump that good QB's do. 

28 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Dak Prescott throwing to Chris Hogan and  Josh Malone is Jacoby Brissett

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Dak Prescott throwing to Chris Hogan and  Josh Malone is Jacoby Brissett

I can't believe we are going to have to watch Hogan and Malone on the outside for a second straight week - against the best defense in the league through two weeks. LOL. It's unbelievable.  

Good luck, Sam. 

Edit: Hogan also has a rib injury - LMAO

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So again, you're saying Darnold is about as good as Kyler Murray.

This is an absurd take.  Absolutely absurd.  Murray was vastly better as a rookie than Darnold is now.  And then Murray got BETTER than that this year, as he seems to clearly be making that 2nd year jump that good QB's do. 

Murray's numbers as a rookie are pretty much almost comparable to Darnold (aside from rushing yards). Except Darnold is/was in a worse offensive system with much lesser skill players.