Updated: All-Time Worst Jets Head Coaches List

Shea Jet

46 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He also drafted one of the biggest busts in NFL history in Vernon Gholston. 

But that's the way the draft fell - Except maybe it wouldn't had he not sabotaged the team before that season by running Pete Kendall out of town, causing us to play Adrien Clarke, one of the worst players in NFL history for 14 long f*cking games. Killing the QB's and the running game.

Mangini was a complete joke. Players despised him. 33-48 career record. Pathetic.

And Gase is a worse version of Mangini.  Much worse

54 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He also drafted one of the biggest busts in NFL history in Vernon Gholston. 

But that's the way the draft fell - Except maybe it wouldn't had he not sabotaged the team before that season by running Pete Kendall out of town, causing us to play Adrien Clarke, one of the worst players in NFL history for 14 long f*cking games. Killing the QB's and the running game.

Mangini was a complete joke. Players despised him. 33-48 career record. Pathetic.

Yet he drafted the only 4 guys that have mattered for this franchise in the last 20 years. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

I see that we keep skirting around the fact that no one has any interest in bringing in this giant of football lore. 

I havent called him a giant. I am saying he's the best and most successful person the Jets have had in the last 20 years in terms of the draft. That is a fact and would be an improvement over Idzik and Maccagnan. The Jets do not hire serious football people, he just happened to be the one that could at least identify talent.

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So youre saying, because youre sure, that Kotite would have helped Darnold. 

Anyone who thinks any Jets HC is or was worse than Kotite didnt suffer sitting in the stands during his tenure.  

Period

Right, cause this 49er game was positively riveting Football played by the Gase-led Home team. Gotcha...

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I havent called him a giant. I am saying he's the best and most successful person the Jets have had in the last 20 years in terms of the draft. That is a fact and would be an improvement over Idzik and Maccagnan. The Jets do not hire serious football people, he just happened to be the one that could at least identify talent.

My left nut would be an upgrade over Macagnan and Idzik

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Mythology. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

Hired guns drafted by Baltimore vs 4 ROH players drafted by the Jets? Cmon. In terms of legacy, it's not close. Unless you consider Bart Scott an all time Jet.

Bart Scott was 10x the player Harris was. He carried Harris in fact.

Yes they were better players but Mangini had all those players and couldn't do a thing with them. Rex took that team, added Bart and Leonhard and suddenly we had the best defence in the league. 

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

"I learned a lot of football from him, situational football," wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery said. "I learned that to a tee. Anyone with aspirations of being a coach when they're done playing football should pick his brain."

And Adam Gase is an offensive genius. 

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

What's Rex doing right now genius?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

I never said Rex was great, just a far better coach than Mangini could ever hope to be. If Rex wanted work as a DC, he easily could've had it - but he was happy to move to TV after collecting another $25M from the Bills. 

Mangini couldn't get a job as a defensive control assistant. 

13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Gase is about to be the 3rd NFL head coach ever to have a 0-16 season

But he’s “good”!

These "fans" that call him better than Kotite, mainly due to that 6-2 finish in garbage time are absolutely clueless. And to boot, during that 6-2 who cares period, Gase didn't have his team ready to play the worst team in football, 1st overall pick Bengals, when there was a GLIMMER of Playoff hope. That's OK, Crazy Eyes is merely RUINING our 3rd overall pick, hopeful Franchise Quarterback,  but you guys (idiots) keep sticking up for him. LOL

Mangini's problem is that, like everyone who comes out of New England, he thinks the most important factors in building a winning organization are running Junction Boys practices and treating everyone in the organization, from players to custodians to ballboys, like something he just scraped off the bottom of his shoe. I don't think he has the temperament to be a head coach, but he could be a major asset to somebody as a scouting director.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Gase is about to become the 3rd nfl head coach to have a 0-16 season

Yeah he’s as bad or worse than Bowles and Kotite

So your prediction of 0-16 makes him worse than Kotites actual 1-15 season

Wrong, as of Kotite is the worst, not whatever you dream up.  

36 minutes ago, Shea Jet said:

Right, cause this 49er game was positively riveting Football played by the Gase-led Home team. Gotcha...

Right because its readily apparent you didnt suffer through the Kotite years and actually are trying to make a point that one game < 2 years of Kotite

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Right because its readily apparent you didnt suffer through the Kotite years and actually are trying to make a point that one game < 2 years of Kotite

One game? 18 games of slog, and the regression and slow death of Franchise Quarterback. Good job Adam!

56 minutes ago, Shea Jet said:

One game? 18 games of slog, and the regression and slow death of Franchise Quarterback. Good job Adam!

Can you stop this nonsense, Kotite has two seasons worth of incompetence.

Gase won 7 games in year one, thats 3 more wins than Kotite had in his entire career here.  Theres it is in a nutshell

The Gase hire isnt working, we get that.  The need you feel to call him the worst every also doesnt work.  

43 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Can you stop this nonsense, Kotite has two seasons worth of incompetence.

Gase won 7 games in year one, thats 3 more wins than Kotite had in his entire career here.  Theres it is in a nutshell

The Gase hire isnt working, we get that.  The need you feel to call him the worst every also doesnt work.  

Garbage Time wins > Ruining Franchise Quarterback 

Gotcha ?

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No you dont GOTCHA

Youre just wrong, dead wrong.  

You dont know if Sam is or ever was a FQB or if hes ruined.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No you dont GOTCHA

Youre just wrong, dead wrong.  

You dont know if Sam is or ever was a FQB or if hes ruined.

All praise and Glory to the 6-2 finish in garbage time of 2019 FOREVER!!!

This man can COACH!!!

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So your prediction of 0-16 makes him worse than Kotites actual 1-15 season

Wrong, as of Kotite is the worst, not whatever you dream up.  

You do realize Kotite had success in Philadelphia before coming here.  In fact he had as much more than Gase had in Miami 

• Post of the Week 1