Jump to content
BCJet

How CJ can realistically handle Gase

Recommended Posts

Don’t disagree but need to simplify in case CJ is actually reading this board:

cannonball GIF

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he's blacked out on Kotite years....

hypnotize him and he'll wakme up screaming....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Ive been watching this team for 30 years and I have never seen not just poor performances, but such a wide gap between the Jets and the rest of the league. Jets - Pats, yea a wide gap for a long time, but at least we had positive offensive plays and didnt seem like we were playing a different game then the rest of the league.  This is a different situation. Yea I get that Gase has 2 years and what I would guess is $8 million left on his contract, but $8 million for a multi-billion dollar organization cannot stop you from making a smart decision.  Plus, CJ needs to focus on getting fans to come back to the stadium experience in 2021 and having Adam Gase as the HC is not going to do that, regardless of the sunk cost. The question becomes how?

The biggest thing is the offense, and Dowell Loggins cannot be the OC, he has no track record and is too much of a Gase yes man.  Frankly, if CJ does this Loggins has to go too.  Thankfully we actually have an OC candidate in Jim Bob Cooter.  He was the lions OC and play caller for 2+ years.  He obviously isnt Bill Walsh, but 2 years of play calling is enough of a background to handle the job for the rest of the season.  When JBC took over from Joe Lombardi in Detroit he move away from zone blocking and more towards power as they didnt have the most talented line.  I think our line would likely do better in a simplified scheme (block who is in front of you) and then figure out the true run scheme with the new staff in 2021.  He also incorporated west coast principles to set up deeper passes.  Frankly, Id hope JD would step in and tell him to find some rollouts, bootlegs, etc and play to Sam's strengths.  Im not saying this is an easy task but we KNOW Gase can't do it, maybe this guy can.

Shawn Jefferson has been a coach for 16 years and should be able to help JBC and possibly grow into a larger role in the future. 

Now I know everyone wants GW to take over as HC, but Joe Vitt has actually been an interim HC twice before and it sure seems like GW has enough on his plate with the defense right now so personally I would go with Vitt.  Now, JD would have to have input here because we dont know how the GW/VItt relationship is, but GW doesnt really have anyone to turn the defense over to, as Vitt has never been a DC (and if they dont get along well enough for VItt to be the HC, then the reverse relationship likely wouldn't work either) and they just need someone to steer the ship and at least push the players.  Plus, if the rumors that Gase had turned the half-time speeches over to Vitt, then that makes more sense.

We have the Colts and then Denver who will start either Jeff Driskell or Blake Bortles.  If we are 0-4 with a loss to that Denver team, that would be the time to rid this franchise of Gase, give JBC an extra few days to prepare and at least give this organization the opportunity  to not completely destroy Sam's career.

Only comment I would say is after only 2 weeks together the Oline has not done bad in pass or run blocking considering new starters at all 5 spots, so if they are using zone blocking and can handle it let them grow with it since that is the way of the league right now. Our biggest problem on O is depleted talent at skill receiving positions dur to a lack of talent with all of them health and a total complete lack of talent with many of them hurt. That is getting Darnold to try and do too much and creating mistakes, dropped passes, etc. Gase then tried to go to a dink and dunk game to combat this but that will not work in the modern NFL anymore since it then takes 12+ plays to get to the endzone resulting in a turnover via fumble, INT, or on downs by that time.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Only comment I would say is after only 2 weeks together the Oline has not done bad in pass or run blocking considering new starters at all 5 spots, so if they are using zone blocking and can handle it let them grow with it since that is the way of the league right now. Our biggest problem on O is depleted talent at skill receiving positions dur to a lack of talent with all of them health and a total complete lack of talent with many of them hurt. That is getting Darnold to try and do too much and creating mistakes, dropped passes, etc. Gase then tried to go to a dink and dunk game to combat this but that will not work in the modern NFL anymore since it then takes 12+ plays to get to the endzone resulting in a turnover via fumble, INT, or on downs by that time.  

Im not saying the OL is the issue, for the most part they aren't, aside from GVR who has been pretty bad.

Our WRs also cannot get separation whatsoever.

But Gase has absolutely no clue how to call a game, he has no feel for what is happening on the field.  If you could just design plays and they would work, then you would just hire and MIT engineer to do it.  You need to understand flow, what the defense is doing, and what your roster looks like.  To now play 2 TEs with our depleted WR crew is so bad that its hard to even understand.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Great post. I’ll be back to read it later. 

I, however, shall not. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish CJ had a tenth the confidence and arrogance from his billions that @SAR I seems to derive from his 3-series.

You’re a billionaire bro, you don’t have to explain a got dirn thing.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like I should post a dick pic here, not because I don’t support, or do support, your position, but now I fear that T0mShane may post after with a pic of his MASSIVE penis, and I shudder. I shudder.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CJ knows less than the people he is boss of so when they tell him something he believes it that is how we ended up with  mccagnan for 5 years.  He more than once said he approved of macs plan.

Gase should for sure be for for no other reason than he is totally screwing up the QB.

the narrative will be all about injuries though and gase will be the coach to start next year and will only be fired half way though next year when things are the same.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

CJ shouldn't be handling Gase. Man up, step aside, and give Joe Douglas full authority to.

Even better.  CJ is still the owner, enjoy all the perks, and let someone smarter then you run the team.  Very simple.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoever the new HC is he needs to bench Sam and we need to see what we have in Morgan.  Sam is not progressing by playing.  He needs to sit for a while and get in a lot of practice.  The guy has been handed a job he is not ready for.  Throwing him into the fire has simply giving him 3rd degree burns.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are we giving him the cool initials/nickname? It’s Chris Johnson, rich silver spooned nerd without a clue. Chris. Johnson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Why are we giving him the cool initials/nickname? It’s Chris Johnson, rich silver spooned nerd without a clue. Chris. Johnson. 

I thought he was talking about Mosley doing something productive for the Jets by “handling” Gase, Terry Tate style. 

Imagine my disappointment. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Vitt is Adam Gase's father in-law. He ain't gonna take over the Jets job if they fire his daughters husband. Get real. 

What needs to happen is Dowell Loggains needs to be demoted or fired. Then bring in Adam Gase's mentor Mike Martz and give him the play calling duties up in the box. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The injuries these past two seasons have been outrageous.  It's impossible to judge Adam or Sam until we have some actual NFL-caliber wide receivers on the field.

Perriman
Mims
Crowder
Herndon
Bell

Those players, while not great, are leaps and bounds better than what we're putting out there right now.  Without them, our offense is reduced to rubble, hence the conservative playcalling and frustrating lack of production.  You can't complete in the Kentucky Derby with a two-legged horse.

SAR I

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The injuries these past two seasons have been outrageous.  It's impossible to judge Adam or Sam until we have some actual NFL-caliber wide receivers on the field.

Perriman
Mims
Crowder
Herndon
Bell

Those players, while not great, are leaps and bounds better than what we're putting out there right now.  Without them, our offense is reduced to rubble, hence the conservative playcalling and frustrating lack of production.  You can't complete in the Kentucky Derby with a two-legged horse.

SAR I

Mostly true.  Then you see darnold’s pass to berrios, albeit in garbage time, but the talent is oozing.  Why gase doesn’t try to capture a bit more of that during the rest of the game is the problem.  Half the teams in the nfl are using their qbs as a weapon but the jets neuter darnold.  Darnold can be a weapon, he can use his legs to create opportunities to help the offense and perhaps get more completions with these crappy wrs.  Gase would rather fold his cards like last year when darnold was out with mono.  Gase would rather hand the ball off to adams on 4th and 1 and then blame the OL rather than use one of the more creative plays he (hopefully) has to get that yard. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Mostly true.  Then you see darnold’s pass to berrios, albeit in garbage time, but the talent is oozing.  Why gase doesn’t try to capture a bit more of that during the rest of the game is the problem.  Half the teams in the nfl are using their qbs as a weapon but the jets neuter darnold.  Darnold can be a weapon, he can use his legs to create opportunities to help the offense and perhaps get more completions with these crappy wrs.  Gase would rather fold his cards like last year when darnold was out with mono.  Gase would rather hand the ball off to adams on 4th and 1 and then blame the OL rather than use one of the more creative plays he (hopefully) has to get that yard. 

With 4 of his 5 starting receivers out of the game, what can Gase do?  

I'm sure he was planning on opening up the offense this season and letting Sam air it out 5x a game, but without Mims, Crowder, Perriman, and Bell, who exactly can Gase depend on?  Quality NFL receivers find a way to get open, and they do it through clever route-running, attack angles, and hand-to-hand combat.  The backups and third-stringers we are putting out there don't have the skills.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

With 4 of his 5 starting receivers out of the game, what can Gase do?  

I'm sure he was planning on opening up the offense this season and letting Sam air it out 5x a game, but without Mims, Crowder, Perriman, and Bell, who exactly can Gase depend on?  Quality NFL receivers find a way to get open, and they do it through clever route-running, attack angles, and hand-to-hand combat.  The backups and third-stringers we are putting out there don't have the skills.

SAR I

Then instead of playing guys like hogan and Malone, promote younger less experienced guys like cager who perhaps offer more physical skill sets.  Put youth and athleticism on the field above all else.  Put perine out there and throw him the ball.  Have that stiff wesco block.  There’s a lack of urgency on gase’s behalf here, and i suspect he thinks he’ll get (another) pass because of the injuries.  He won’t.  And we’re going to hopefully see more of the douglas draft class soon, and we’ll be able to better judge how he is at talent eval.  All it will take is for mims to flash early and perine to be decent and he’ll be the best jets gm this century.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The injuries these past two seasons have been outrageous.  It's impossible to judge Adam or Sam until we have some actual NFL-caliber wide receivers on the field.

Perriman
Mims
Crowder
Herndon
Bell

Those players, while not great, are leaps and bounds better than what we're putting out there right now.  Without them, our offense is reduced to rubble, hence the conservative playcalling and frustrating lack of production.  You can't complete in the Kentucky Derby with a two-legged horse.

SAR I

The relentless Gase apologist. Hey, I get it, despite his $$$ I feel sorry for the guy. But, he’s going. You know it, I know it. It may be unfair, even unwise, he’s soon to be on the Jets “no-fly list”. Curious ... who would YOU replace him with ... if the worst should happen?  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best way for CJ to handle this is to just reorganize the power structure and put Gase under JD and then let JD fire Gase. That way CJs comments on Gase stay intact but the team can do what is needed to right this ship. It seems impossible to me that JD would still think Gase is the right guy to lead this. Loggains/Gase clearly need to go unless the Jets really are just planning to mail in the season and hope to start over at QB. Again. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BCJet said:

Ive been watching this team for 30 years and I have never seen not just poor performances, but such a wide gap between the Jets and the rest of the league. Jets - Pats, yea a wide gap for a long time, but at least we had positive offensive plays and didnt seem like we were playing a different game then the rest of the league.  This is a different situation. Yea I get that Gase has 2 years and what I would guess is $8 million left on his contract, but $8 million for a multi-billion dollar organization cannot stop you from making a smart decision.  Plus, CJ needs to focus on getting fans to come back to the stadium experience in 2021 and having Adam Gase as the HC is not going to do that, regardless of the sunk cost. The question becomes how?

The biggest thing is the offense, and Dowell Loggins cannot be the OC, he has no track record and is too much of a Gase yes man.  Frankly, if CJ does this Loggins has to go too.  Thankfully we actually have an OC candidate in Jim Bob Cooter.  He was the lions OC and play caller for 2+ years.  He obviously isnt Bill Walsh, but 2 years of play calling is enough of a background to handle the job for the rest of the season.  When JBC took over from Joe Lombardi in Detroit he move away from zone blocking and more towards power as they didnt have the most talented line.  I think our line would likely do better in a simplified scheme (block who is in front of you) and then figure out the true run scheme with the new staff in 2021.  He also incorporated west coast principles to set up deeper passes.  Frankly, Id hope JD would step in and tell him to find some rollouts, bootlegs, etc and play to Sam's strengths.  Im not saying this is an easy task but we KNOW Gase can't do it, maybe this guy can.

Shawn Jefferson has been a coach for 16 years and should be able to help JBC and possibly grow into a larger role in the future. 

Now I know everyone wants GW to take over as HC, but Joe Vitt has actually been an interim HC twice before and it sure seems like GW has enough on his plate with the defense right now so personally I would go with Vitt.  Now, JD would have to have input here because we dont know how the GW/VItt relationship is, but GW doesnt really have anyone to turn the defense over to, as Vitt has never been a DC (and if they dont get along well enough for VItt to be the HC, then the reverse relationship likely wouldn't work either) and they just need someone to steer the ship and at least push the players.  Plus, if the rumors that Gase had turned the half-time speeches over to Vitt, then that makes more sense.

We have the Colts and then Denver who will start either Jeff Driskell or Blake Bortles.  If we are 0-4 with a loss to that Denver team, that would be the time to rid this franchise of Gase, give JBC an extra few days to prepare and at least give this organization the opportunity  to not completely destroy Sam's career.

If the Jets are 0-4 after those games, they WON'T win a game all season. Who could they beat? Arizona? No chance. Seattle....please, LA Rams or Chargers? Nope. I doubt they beat Miami at all and even Cleveland seems head and shoulders better since they have gone to the power run game. Seriously who can these bums beat?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jetluv58 said:

The relentless Gase apologist. Hey, I get it, despite his $$$ I feel sorry for the guy. But, he’s going. You know it, I know it. It may be unfair, even unwise, he’s soon to be on the Jets “no-fly list”. Curious ... who would YOU replace him with ... if the worst should happen?  

No one good would take this job.  Especially if an owner who comes out publicly supporting his HC fires him a few weeks later after only 19 games with a team destroyed by awful drafting and a rash of ridiculous injuries.

I wouldn't uproot my family and move to New Jersey to take a job that has a 99% failure rate and a fanbase who makes a habit out of publicly humiliating my wife and kids.  I'd rather remain the beloved offensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs than put my reputation out to pasture for a few million dollar bump in salary.

We stick with Gase.  We still don't know what his offense looks like because he inherited sh-t and all the help we've tried to get him has been continually hurt.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

No one good would take this job.  Especially if an owner who comes out publicly supporting his HC fires him a few weeks later after only 19 games with a team destroyed by awful drafting and a rash of ridiculous injuries.

I wouldn't uproot my family and move to New Jersey to take a job that has a 99% failure rate and a fanbase who makes a habit out of publicly humiliating my wife and kids.  I'd rather remain the beloved offensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs than put my reputation out to pasture for a few million dollar bump in salary.

We stick with Gase.  We still don't know what his offense looks like because he inherited sh-t and all the help we've tried to get him has been continually hurt.

SAR I

There are literally years of what his offense looks like: bottom of the barrel, not innovative, and not improving. A brilliant offensive mind elevates the players he has. Or gameplans for them. Look at what he’s turn Bell into. Be honest with you evaluations and you’ll see how wrong you are. This team isn’t going to progress without a new coach/scheme/enema.

Eff Gase. Fire him into the sun. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

There are literally years of what his offense looks like: bottom of the barrel, not innovative, and not improving. A brilliant offensive mind elevates the players he has. Or gameplans for them. Look at what he’s turn Bell into. Be honest with you evaluations and you’ll see how wrong you are. This team isn’t going to progress without a new coach/scheme/enema.

Eff Gase. Fire him into the sun. 

If hope you're right.  I'll never be more happy to be wrong.  If changing our head coach would have won the last 2 games, bring him on.

But I don't think so.  I don't think Bill Walsh could have won those two games with a QB playing so badly and all the receiving injuries.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If hope you're right.  I'll never be more happy to be wrong.  If changing our head coach would have won the last 2 games, bring him on.

But I don't think so.  I don't think Bill Walsh could have won those two games with a QB playing so badly and all the receiving injuries.

SAR I

but bill walsh was a proven winner gase is not

the two things are not mutually exclusive

you can actually have a terrible roster and a terrible coach and his name is Adam Gase who has followed in a long history or bad jets coaches-right now he is going to to toe with Rich kotitie for the worst team in jet history-and kotite at least brought us wayne chrebet

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way to realistically handle Gase is make a playoff mandate or your fired. If 10 years without a postseason birth isn't enough for a mandate I don't know what is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...