How CJ can realistically handle Gase

BCJet

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

If hope you're right.  I'll never be more happy to be wrong.  If changing our head coach would have won the last 2 games, bring him on.

But I don't think so.  I don't think Bill Walsh could have won those two games with a QB playing so badly and all the receiving injuries.

SAR I

Win? No. Be at least a little competitive and get the players motivated to show up and pretend they want to be there? Yes. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

No one good would take this job.  Especially if an owner who comes out publicly supporting his HC fires him a few weeks later after only 19 games with a team destroyed by awful drafting and a rash of ridiculous injuries.

I wouldn't uproot my family and move to New Jersey to take a job that has a 99% failure rate and a fanbase who makes a habit out of publicly humiliating my wife and kids.  I'd rather remain the beloved offensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs than put my reputation out to pasture for a few million dollar bump in salary.

We stick with Gase.  We still don't know what his offense looks like because he inherited sh-t and all the help we've tried to get him has been continually hurt.

SAR I

Thanks for the response, SAR I.  You gave a little clue there with your KC reference. CJ’s endorsement does point to an extended grace period for Gase. Curious, in your opinion, why always the rash of injuries for the Jets? It’s beyond frustrating. I agree that we haven’t seen the “team” on the field because so many are hurt. From what I have seen and from his history I think Gase is the wrong guy. Even his demeanor leaves me cold. His lack of sideline fire and his sullenness. It matters to me. As for the fans, welcome to NY/NJ. Sad to see today Jets/Giants at very bottom of power rankings. 

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

With 4 of his 5 starting receivers out of the game, what can Gase do?  

I'm sure he was planning on opening up the offense this season and letting Sam air it out 5x a game, but without Mims, Crowder, Perriman, and Bell, who exactly can Gase depend on?  Quality NFL receivers find a way to get open, and they do it through clever route-running, attack angles, and hand-to-hand combat.  The backups and third-stringers we are putting out there don't have the skills.

SAR I

What can he do? How about just 1 deep shot per game and pray for a PI? It’s better than the 2 yard WR screen that everyone and their grandmother knows is coming? How about running behind the 370 lb OT which is generating our most positive run plays? How about a little motion to at least try to confuse the defense? How about activating more than 4 WR on game day?

SAR, i was with you on Gase through the offseason. I suck at picking out whom is a good head coach so i figured “let me go against my gut and give Gase a shot even though i hated him first season”. So far, HE HAS DONE NOT A SINGLE THING to dispel the notion he is horrible.

I get we don’t have talent and we’re hurt. SO WAS THE NINERS DEFENSE! They had nobody left. He didn’t want to even challenge them when guys got hurt. That’s playing scared. That will NEVER win a championship. I used to cringe at the “Prevent” defense. This guy is calling prevent offense.

Sorry, but I’m officially done with Gase and will continue to call for his removal. I respect your lengthy fandom and opinion but I’m going back with my gut and what I’ve seen. He’s losing the team.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Win? No. Be at least a little competitive and get the players motivated to show up and pretend they want to be there? Yes. 

The Jets have beaten 1 winning team since 2013.  So to expect Adam Gase to beat 2 winning teams in successive weeks with a bad OL and no WR's is the "pretend" that's going on here.

SAR I

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jetluv58 said:

Curious, in your opinion, why always the rash of injuries for the Jets? It’s beyond frustrating. I agree that we haven’t seen the “team” on the field because so many are hurt.

I have no idea.  My Yankees and my Jets have had two years of derailment from injuries and I just don't know why or what to do about it. 

SAR I

1 hour ago, Sammybighead said:

What can he do? How about just 1 deep shot per game and pray for a PI? It’s better than the 2 yard WR screen that everyone and their grandmother knows is coming?

Deep shot to who?  The double cover on the single Jets WR that a DB might fear?  Perriman for a half?  Herndon?  We don't have Mims so we don't have a burner that any D will respect.  It will just waste a down or, worse, get Sam killed by pressure right over center.

SAR I