Is Braden Mann a Bust?

TuscanyTile2

40 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Microcosm of the jets, mann gets a spectacular punt that wobbles around the 4 yard line, for some unknown reason no one is actually running to cover the punt it seems because  they let it go for a touch back.

I don't think I have ever seen a punt team further away from the punt. That thing was begging to be downed on the 1. Nobody was around. Very odd.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Surprised to see Mann is not # 1 in the league in Punts so far.  Tress Way (WAS) has him beat 13-11.

That's a result of a sad combination of an inept offense and a defense that lets the other team possess the ball so long that we don't even get a reasonable amount of chances on offense to fail. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

He’s got multiple talents. Don’t forget he’s the “holder” too. Heck of a job wrangling that high snap on a FG this past week. 

So that’s 1 draft pick filling 2 roster spots - punter and holder. Kudos to JD. ?

He hasn't faked any punts for a 1st down yet though.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Microcosm of the jets, mann gets a spectacular punt that wobbles around the 4 yard line, for some unknown reason no one is actually running to cover the punt it seems because  they let it go for a touch back.

I guess so much went wrong on Sunday that no one brings that up.  It was beautiful punt with no Jet to down it! 

• Upvote 1