Robbie

On 10/30/2020 at 11:55 AM, slimjasi said:

While we are at it, we also might want to hold the Matt Rhule coach of the year T-shirts. They are suddenly 3-5 with back-to-back games coming up against the Chiefs and Bucs. 

Knew this kind of post would be coming.  He's had that team highly competitive without its only star player.  He remains legit.

• Upvote 1

On 10/7/2020 at 9:58 AM, CTM said:

Anderson play this year is just more proof of how much Darnold sucks.

Fight me

15 hours ago, DarnoldHomer said:

This may be the dumbest FB post I’ve ever read here. 

Truth hurts.  Anderson put up similar numbers with other Jets QB's as he did with Darnold, and then "explodes" with a new team, HC and QB.  

That's evidence that Darnold was a big part of the reason why he wasn't as productive as he could have been.

Outside of Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson and maybe 1-2 other examples.....the QB basically makes the WR.  Not the other way around.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Truth hurts.  Anderson put up similar numbers with other Jets QB's as he did with Darnold, and then "explodes" with a new team, HC and QB.  

That's evidence that Darnold was a big part of the reason why he wasn't as productive as he could have been.

Outside of Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson and maybe 1-2 other examples.....the QB basically makes the WR.  Not the other way around.

Yup. QBs make their own weapons -- not the other way around.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Knew this kind of post would be coming.  He's had that team highly competitive without its only star player.  He remains legit.

Remains legit ?

When did he get legit to begin with lol.. (on the pro level)

Dudes a rookie head coach just cause he spurned the jets offer to be  Mac's flunky doesnt make him legit. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

theguy who has been,crowder....am talking targets

Crowder has been the best guy on the offense for two years, but I still only consider him an above average Slot WR.  He's not an X or a Z wide receiver.  If we assume Mims can be one of those we still need a true outside WR.

12 minutes ago, CTM said:

Eh..That's like saying starting a marathon by not tripping over your own 2 feet and breaking your ankle is a strong start

It is. Love how now the narrative is everyone knew Rhule would be a success and he was smart to dodge us.

Wonder how long it will take for perception to shift if Trevor dodges us. Most likely it will start as "Eff him if he doesn't want to be here."

3 hours ago, CTM said:

Remains legit ?

When did he get legit to begin with lol.. (on the pro level)

Dudes a rookie head coach just cause he spurned the jets offer to be  Mac's flunky doesnt make him legit. 

Teddy Bridgewater is averaging 8.2 Yards per Attempt so far under Rhule's watch.  By far the highest of his career, at the midway point of the season.  Robby Anderson is having a career season.  Rhule is well-respected and the team has looked sharp, even in losses.  He did a good job of hiring a quality staff, headlined by Joe Brady.

Wait until the requisite 2-3 years to "properly evaluate" Rhule if you wish, but he's legit.  

@Paradis can speak more on this if you need more reasons, though I think he's been quietly sobbing ever since he was hired by Carolina.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Teddy Bridgewater is averaging 8.2 Yards per Attempt so far under Rhule's watch.  By far the highest of his career, at the midway point of the season.  Robby Anderson is having a career season.  Rhule is well-respected and the team has looked sharp, even in losses.  He did a good job of hiring a quality staff, headlined by Joe Brady.

Wait until the requisite 2-3 years to "properly evaluate" Rhule if you wish, but he's legit.  

@Paradis can speak more on this if you need more reasons, though I think he's been quietly sobbing ever since he was hired by Carolina.

So how is.. he has a losing record in his first 8 games as a HC but hes actually legit because reasons 

Any dfferent than

Darnold has terrible stats as an NFL QB but is actually good because reasons 

Rhule may or may not be good but you dont marry yourself to legit right out of the gate. 

1 minute ago, CTM said:

So how is.. he has a losing record in his first 8 games as a HC but hes actually legit because reasons 

Any dfferent than

Darnold has terrible stats as an NFL QB but is actually good because reasons 

Rhule may or may not be good but you dont marry yourself to legit right out of the gate. 

I knew my wife was going to be the one in less than 8 weeks.

The Panthers get McCaffrey back next week.  That 3-5 start is going to be a moot point very soon.

41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And we coulda had all four: Teddy, Robbie, Rhule, and Brady. Thanks, Johnsholes.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To even question Rhule's coaching chops at this point @CTM is straight ass ignorant. Better question is - why would you doubt him? Simply b/c he wasn't in OC/DC in the NFL?...  Why were NFL teams interested in him? They weren't interviewing 470 other college coaches from various programs. Why were industry folk like DJ throwing heaps of praise his way? Why is Carolina minus their best player on roster with no all stars - holding their own and then some?

We don't deserve Rhule with pessimism like that. We deserve the next over-hyped coordinator who knows nothing about managing a roster and developing a culture. Got it. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

To even question Rhule's coaching chops at this point @CTM is straight ass ignorant. Better question is - why would you doubt him? Simply b/c he wasn't in OC/DC in the NFL?...  Why were NFL teams interested in him? They weren't interviewing 470 other college coaches from various programs. Why were industry folk like DJ throwing heaps of praise his way? Why is Carolina minus their best player on roster with no all stars - holding their own and then some?

We don't deserve Rhule with pessimism like that. We deserve the next over-hyped coordinator who knows nothing about managing a roster and developing a culture. Got it. 

but he gotz dem wepasoenasonzzz

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I knew my wife was going to be the one in less than 8 weeks.

The Panthers get McCaffrey back next week.  That 3-5 start is going to be a moot point very soon.

Why can't Rhule call the good running plays 

48 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Darnold was a consensus #1, we don't deserve him with our pessimism 

If all these coaches who made the jump from. college to pro succeeded you might have a point. But they dont, right now hes 3-5 and just lost to a 1 win team.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

After McCaffrey got hurt, Mike Davis had 4 straight games with a TD (2 rushing, 2 receiving) before running into a couple elite run defenses.

Yes clearly 3-5 is basically 8-0 now that you put it that way

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

Yes clearly 3-5 is basically 8-0 now that you put it that way

Yes clearly its a waste of time to try to evaluate any coach in context, based on his resume and how the pro team he's coaching has looked on the field.  

I'll check back in with you on this in a year or 2.  My guess is your posts on the matter won't have aged well.

12 minutes ago, CTM said:

If all these coaches who made the jump from. college to pro succeeded you might have a point. But they dont, right now hes 3-5 and just lost to a 1 win team.

1) Sam Darnold has absolutely nothing to do with Matt Rhule, and I have no earthly idea what point you're trying to make by inserting him into this particular discussion.

2) Nearly all college head coaches who make the jump come from juggernaut programs that were already good before they arrived at those programs.  Rhule completely turned around Temple and Baylor, two struggling programs at the time without much historic success to speak of.  Big difference.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1) Sam Darnold has absolutely nothing to do with Matt Rhule, and I have no earthly idea what point you're trying to make by inserting him into this particular discussion.

2) Nearly all college head coaches who make the jump come from juggernaut programs that were already good before they arrived at those programs.  Rhule completely turned around Temple and Baylor, two struggling programs at the time without much historic success to speak of.  Big difference.

1) Because you mock those who today still cling to thier intial belief that Darnold was legit because it's hard to do a 180 once you are sold on a position.. You are setting yourself up for similiar and your whole he's passing the eye test damn what the record says rationale for why hes actually not losing but off to a rip roaring start reminds me of dahnaldphiles

2) So, are we assume that has positive predictive value for nfl success just because it sounds nice ?

Again, I'm trolling a bjt but also a kinda blown away that you are already convinced the guy is a great nfl coach and there is no need to take a wait and see approach. I have no what he'll turn into but I know making quick assessments is often folly

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes clearly its a waste of time to try to evaluate any coach in context, based on his resume and how the pro team he's coaching has looked on the field.  

I'll check back in with you on this in a year or 2.  My guess is your posts on the matter won't have aged well.

My posts saying let's hold off on the coronation will surely look foolish ..

9 minutes ago, CTM said:

1) Because you mock those who today still cling to thier intial belief that Darnold was legit because it's hard to do a 180 once you are sold on a position.. You are setting yourself up for similiar and your whole he's passing the eye test damn what the record says rationale for why hes actually not losing but off to a rip roaring start reminds me of dahnaldphiles

2) So, are we assume that has positive predictive value for nfl success just because it sounds nice ?

Again, I'm trolling a bjt but also a kinda blown away that you are already convinced the guy is a great nfl coach and there is no need to take a wait and see approach. I have no what he'll turn into but I know making quick assessments is often folly

1) I don't mock anyone for thinking Darnold could be legit.  I still believed he could be a franchise QB until Week 1 of this season.  Either way he still has absolutely nothing to do with Rhule.

2) I was convinced Rhule would be an excellent HC before he coached a game, so I don't see what's so surprising.  Chalk it up to confirmation bias if you want, I guess?

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Crowder has been the best guy on the offense for two years, but I still only consider him an above average Slot WR.  He's not an X or a Z wide receiver.  If we assume Mims can be one of those we still need a true outside WR.

again, wasnt talking x,y,z...  but #targets...    crowder gets the lions share. i'dlike that to change andbe mims.

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

was convinced Rhule would be an excellent HC before he coached a game, so I don't see what's so surprising.  Chalk it up to confirmation bias if you want, I guess?

You already have your answer and are looking for supporting evidence

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Look, you're not sold - then nothing i'm gonna say will convince you. Let's revisit in 2-3 years. I honestly don't know if he has what it takes to get to a Superbowl... I just know he's a true HC and a real culture establishing/program developing leader...  and for the love of god, the Jets have never needed such a personality more. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is much better effort. Bravo