Robbie

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I was wondering why the Robby whining thread dropped to Page Eight, but now we know! 

That's because he has a QB that has made a living off of dink and donk throws and doesn't even bother to look to throw the ball down the field. 

That's because he has a QB that has made a living off of dink and donk throws and doesn't even bother to look to throw the ball down the field. 
No .. I called this week 3 .. it is because teams have adjusted to Rhule and Robbie is what he has always been ... solid deep threat no. 3.

Glad we did not pay him.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

I can't imagine Anderson having an actual strong rocket armed QB in order to truly utilize Anderson's deep ball ability/athleticism such as an Aaron Rodgers, Mahomes, Roethlisberger or even Allen/Murray; and he'd then become impossible to stop because his wheels and acceleration are both A+. 

Instead he's got an arm limited QB in Teddy who has Pennington after multiple shoulder injuries/surgeries type of deep ball ability/arm strength. 

Robby is young. Just now reaching the begining of his prime; he's getting better and better. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I can't imagine Anderson having an actual strong rocket armed QB in order to truly utilize Anderson's deep ball ability/athleticism such as an Aaron Rodgers, Mahomes, Roethlisberger or even Allen/Murray; and he'd then become impossible to stop because his wheels and acceleration are both A+. 

Instead he's got an arm limited QB in Teddy who has Pennington after multiple shoulder injuries/surgeries type of deep ball ability/arm strength. 

Robby is young. Just now reaching the begining of his prime; he's getting better and better. 

The 1 TD reception that Robbie has has convinced me. He is a game changing WR.

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I was wondering why the Robby whining thread dropped to Page Eight, but now we know! 

Those numbers are still far superior to the Mim’s numbers where people are calling his already at “minimum a strong #2”

And you guys are mocking Robby for those numbers.

Not signing Robby was a big mistake by JD, you guys need to just face that fact and move on.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Those numbers are still far superior to the Mim’s numbers where people are calling his already at “minimum a strong #2”

Not signing Robby was a big mistake by JD, you guys need to just face that fact and move on.

Robbie was not going to move the needle on this Jets squad. He certainly is not a (1), and I feel the Jets can do better with a different (2).

I am not crying over Robbie and his 1 TD.

No surprise that Robby has come back down to earth a bit. He was never going to sustain his torrid September pace. Defenses adjust and Teddy likes to spread the ball around. I think Carolina caught everyone by surprise by having Robby running the short routes and DJ Moore being the deep threat.

He already has a career high in catches (64) and is on pace for 102 rec for 1,235 yards. Curious to see where he actually finishes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Robbie was not going to move the needle on this Jets squad. He certainly is not a (1), and I feel the Jets can do better with a different (2).

I am not crying over Robbie and his 1 TD.

So, because good players aren't going to "move the needle" (whatever that means) we should't have them on the team?

Robby is a good player and would be the best offensive player on our team.  Simply because he wouldn't make them a contender doesn't mean he wouldn't make the team better.

You need good players to win. 

It's mind boggling the dislike for him.  

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So, because good players aren't going to "move the needle" (whatever that means) we should't have them on the team?

Robby is a good player and would be the best offensive player on our team.  Simply because he wouldn't make them a contender doesn't mean he wouldn't make the team better.

You need good players to win. 

It's mind boggling the dislike for him.  

Robbie was not going to help the Jets achieve anything worthwhile this year, or next. Unless players are intended for the LONG term (3+ years), they do not really serve a purpose for the Jets this year and next. The Jets should be able to (and need to) have an UPGRADE over Robbie in order for this team to move forward.

Jamison Crowder is essentially Robbie to the Jets this year and next, and costs a little less.

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is a 90/900 pace.  People around here are looking at Crowder as a cornerstone piece and this is, literally, better than Crowder's best year.  Never mind the fact that it cherry picks he season after the 8/112 and 4 of 5 games over 99 yards to start the year.

• Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Robbie was not going to help the Jets achieve anything worthwhile this year, or next. Unless players are intended for the LONG term (3+ years), they do not really serve a purpose for the Jets this year and next. The Jets should be able to (and need to) have an UPGRADE over Robbie in order for this team to move forward.

Jamison Crowder is essentially Robbie to the Jets this year and next, and costs a little less.

Bullsh*t.  Jamison Crowder is always hurt and is incapable of playing deep threat - you know the way Anderson could not be a high volume possession guy (oops, I guess he can)   They signed Perriman on a one year deal.  How is that helping the team long-term?  You argument makes sense when discussing whether to trade a player, (like Adams) but much less sense when dealing with mid-tier free agents. 

• Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is a 90/900 pace.  People around here are looking at Crowder as a cornerstone piece and this is, literally, better than Crowder's best year.  Never mind the fact that it cherry picks he season after the 8/112 and 4 of 5 games over 99 yards to start the year.

Crowder is NOT a cornerstone piece. Crowder is a "hold the fort" piece, and comes cheaper than Robbie. Crowder can be cut for a song next year. Or, he can help fill in.

While Crowder has not been healthy, he actually has 3 receiving TDs this year, to Robbie's 1, in half as many games played.

Agian, Crowder is merely a stop gap. Which, in the bigger scheme, Robbie would have been too. We should aspire to more.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

He’s also catching 74% of his targets, which is crazy and, you’d think, unsustainable. It could be that he’s a 175 lb receiver who is running out of gas a bit as the season grinds on, but the question is, what do you pay a guy like this? 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

No one is "mocking" Robby Anderson.

We're mocking people calling not signing him a "big mistake" based on a couple good weeks early in the season, with him clearly regressing to the mean now.

13 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Bullsh*t.  Jamison Crowder is always hurt and is incapable of playing deep threat - you know the way Anderson could not be a high volume possession guy (oops, I guess he can)   They signed Perriman on a one year deal.  How is that helping the team long-term?  You argument makes sense when discussing whether to trade a player, (like Adams) but much less sense when dealing with mid-tier free agents. 

He and Berrios have 2 td's each, on the offensively challenged Jets. Robbie has 1. Interesting, no??

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s also catching 74% of his targets, which is crazy and, you’d think, unsustainable. It could be that he’s a 175 lb receiver who is running out of gas a bit as the season grinds on, but the question is, what do you pay a guy like this? 

hes running alot of drag routes underneath...   high %-age throws and robby has good hands  and teddy is very much a short to intermediate qb. doesnt go that far downfield often....and those deeper throhow many missed games?ws are going to the other wrs more often.

solid nfl 2/3 wr.

gas? zero missed games.

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

No one is "mocking" Robby Anderson.

We're mocking people calling not signing him a "big mistake" based on a couple good weeks early in the season, with him clearly regressing to the mean now.

It was a big mistake not signing him.  

That Mean is still far better than anything we have.  You need good players to win.

• Upvote 1