Robbie

52 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It was a big mistake not signing him.  

That Mean is still far better than anything we have.  You need good players to win.

The Jets are not winning this year (and weren't going to either with Robbie).

There are at least 7 other WR's that should shake loose next year and would  be considered better than Robbie.

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maybe he’s just worn out. 

his targets vary, game by game...

Robbo is fine. Just doing standard NFL quality WR2/3 stuff. just getting shorter and increased volume with lower YPC this year so far.

Has as many FD (35) as he did all last year. So, helping him team.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

It was a big mistake not signing him.  

That Mean is still far better than anything we have.  You need good players to win.

Statistically, that mean is less than Jamison Crowder.  Also, it's better in Carolina as he's not catching passes from a bottom 3 QB.

Said it multiple times, I liked Robby Anderson here.  However, he's like a JAG+.  This team has made plenty of big mistakes.  This was a toss up, at best.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Statistically, that mean is less than Jamison Crowder.  Also, it's better in Carolina as he's not catching passes from a bottom 3 QB.

Said it multiple times, I liked Robby Anderson here.  However, he's like a JAG+.  This team has made plenty of big mistakes.  This was a toss up, at best.

actually, Crowder, tho different, is a decent comparison. They are both solid NFL Wrs. Not top tier. But solid.

So, for me, you slightly underrate Robbo.

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Robbo is fine. Just doing standard NFL quality WR2/3 stuff. just getting shorter and increased volume with lower YPC this year so far.

46 targets first 5 games, when he was being productive. 40 targets last 5 games, when he hasn't. 

Not a huge difference in targets

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

He put in a lot of work early in the season and, because he’s a tiny dude relative to other players, I’m speculating that maybe he’s simply run down at this point. It happens. Julio Jones is 225 lbs of shredded muscle and he gets worn down. Robby is maybe 180 lbs. 

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

actually, Crowder, tho different, is a decent comparison. They are both solid NFL Wrs. Not top tier. But solid.

If Robbie is going to pretend to be this WR that has now transformed his game into what now a "possession" receiver, it should be fair to ask him to catch TD's in the redzone. That is what those receivers must do. He has 1 in 5 games.

Crowder has 3 TD's in 5 games this year.

11 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

This is by no means a deep dive comparison.  It's a YPG comparison.  Robby is shining in total yards, but has played 1 more game than most of the league at present.  Crowder is ahead in YPG.

The TDs favor Crowder too, with half as many games.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Crowder is NOT a cornerstone piece. Crowder is a "hold the fort" piece, and comes cheaper than Robbie. Crowder can be cut for a song next year. Or, he can help fill in.

While Crowder has not been healthy, he actually has 3 receiving TDs this year, to Robbie's 1, in half as many games played.

Agian, Crowder is merely a stop gap. Which, in the bigger scheme, Robbie would have been too. We should aspire to more.

We should aspire to more?  I guess we should, but teams with the best offenses in football are giving targets to guys worse than Anderson and Crowder. You don't have to get rid of them when you get good.  Aspirations are nice, but what about actions?  It is nice to aspire to have a better WR than Robby Anderson.  What actions have we taken to obtain that?   Drafting a late 2nd and signing Perriman?  Those are okay moves, but they amount more to filling the void left by Jermaine Kearse and Demaryius Thomas than upgrading Anderson.

I'd also argue that Crowder's contract (based on when it was signed) was actually more expensive than Robby's, but that is a different meaningless discussion.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

We should aspire to more?  I guess we should, but teams with the best offenses in football are giving targets to guys worse than Anderson and Crowder. You don't have to get rid of them when you get good.  Aspirations are nice, but what about actions?  It is nice to aspire to have a better WR than Robby Anderson.  What actions have we taken to obtain that?   Drafting a late 2nd and signing Perriman?  Those are okay moves, but they amount more to filling the void left by Jermaine Kearse and Demaryius Thomas than upgrading Anderson.

I'd also argue that Crowder's contract (based on when it was signed) was actually more expensive than Robby's, but that is a different meaningless discussion.

How about we aspire to more with the prospective FA class:

Allen Robinson

Chris Godwin

Kenny Golladay

Juju Smith-Schuster

And I am sure others will shake loose as the cap tightens.

39 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

This is by no means a deep dive comparison.  It's a YPG comparison.  Robby is shining in total yards, but has played 1 more game than most of the league at present.  Crowder is ahead in YPG.

The TDs favor Crowder too, with half as many games.

we disagree slightly...    shrug

What Time Is It Burn GIF by Cameo

3 hours ago, TeddEY said:

No one is "mocking" Robby Anderson.

We're mocking people calling not signing him a "big mistake" based on a couple good weeks early in the season, with him clearly regressing to the mean now.

You sound completely lost. 

JD himself has already admitted publically to the media and us Jet fans that letting Anderson walk was a huge mistake and if he could take it back he would; and Robby would still be a Jet today. His words, not mine. 

Robby was on the verge and on pace of cracking the Jets All-time top 5 within every WR statistical category known to man kind before leaving for Carolina; something few Jet fans realized (I made threads about it @ the time). 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is a 90/900 pace.  People around here are looking at Crowder as a cornerstone piece and this is, literally, better than Crowder's best year.  Never mind the fact that it cherry picks he season after the 8/112 and 4 of 5 games over 99 yards to start the year.

Also happens to coincide when Mccaffery and all the defensive attention he receives was out with an ankle.

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

The Jets are not winning this year (and weren't going to either with Robbie).

There are at least 7 other WR's that should shake loose next year and would  be considered better than Robbie.

You think the coach and QB might have deserved some semblance of a roster to deal with?  Going into the season with a tank for Trevor mentality is a bit crazy.  The GM admitted it was a mistake not to sign him.  OTOH, I can see arguing it is not a big deal - like EY continues to preach.

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Your username notwithstanding, I am not signing off on Teddy Bridgewater helping Anderson out.  That chicken arm is why he is a low ypc possession receiver now.

10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

How about we aspire to more with the prospective FA class:

Allen Robinson

Chris Godwin

Kenny Golladay

Juju Smith-Schuster

And I am sure others will shake loose as the cap tightens.

That's next year.  For the record, I'd take Anderson over at least one of those guys at similar prices.  The idea that Smith-Schuster and Godwin are established #1 WR and Anderson is "at best a #2" is misguided IMo.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

The 1 TD reception that Robbie has has convinced me. He is a game changing WR.

He has 21 career TDs despite never playing alongside of a top 10 QB. 

Nonetheless you sound like an absolute critic/pundit/hater because Robby Anderson here in 2020 (within a brand new offense) ranks...

4th in yards after catch (YAC) (349) only behind Kelce, McLaurin, Kamara. 

5th in Receptions (64) only behind Allen, Kamara, Diggs and Hopkins

and ranks

5th in Receiving Yards (772) only behind McLaurin, Metcalf, Hopkins and Diggs. 

8th in 1st down receptions (35) only behind McLaurin, Boyd, Diggs, Adams, Kelce, Allen and Hopkins. 

And instead fans like yourself got stick with PERRIMAN (5 games, 16 catches, 219 yards and 2 TD's) lol and are too chicken sh*t to admit losing Robby Anderson absolutely stinks (either that or just doesn't know, football). 

And I'm an FSU and crazed ACC fan. And Trevor Lawrence has a rocket arm and one of the most beautiful deep balls I've ever seen coming out of college and Robby Anderson would've became down right electric alongside of Trevor as an offensive X-Factor @ WR. 

Robby is an undrafted NFL WR Gem and only a clown would point to a lack of TDs but ignore top 4 in YAC, top 5 in receptions, top 5 in receiving yards and top 8 in 1st down receptions; try and talk about Robby to Bridgewater and Teddy would straight up LAUGH @ YOU. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The GM admitted it was a mistake not to sign him. 

IIRC, Douglas admitted to undervaluing Anderson, but if we’re reverting back to “Robbie is a high-end 2/3 possession receiver,” then Douglas had him valued correctly at ~$10 million per.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

How do you explain DJ Moore averaging 18.9 YPC with the exact same QB?

How do you explain Robby ranking top 4 in Yards after Catch, Top 5 in receptions, top 5 in receiving yards and top 8 in first down receptions but yet Moore doesn't; with the same exact QB?

Moore is a one trick pony (deep threat) compared to Anderson who's now an all around versatile WR. 

"YPC" lol

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

How do you explain DJ Moore averaging 18.9 YPC with the exact same QB?

It's an interesting comparison.  Moore is a solid player.  A first round pick that is NOT a bust, yet Anderson is the obvious #1 if you are classifying them.  Truth be told, I expected their numbers to be inverted.  Is your thought that Moore is drawing the coverage that lets Anderson produce?  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

It's an interesting comparison.  Moore is a solid player.  A first round pick that is NOT a bust, yet Anderson is the obvious #1 if you are classifying them.  Truth be told, I expected their numbers to be inverted.  Is your thought that Moore is drawing the coverage that lets Anderson produce?  

I have only watched a few halves of Panthers games this year, so I can't say a lot. Moore has been more of the downfield passing guy and certainly has good YAC. As does Robbie. Robbie has 5.4 YAC, compared to Moore's 6.6 YAC. Of course, Robbie has more  catches, so that makes it understandable why Moore relatively has more YAC.

Maybe it is true that the Panthers are using Robbie to clear out for Moore, i just don't know. But to me, again the damining thing is Robbies lack of production in the redzone.

31 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

How do you explain Robby ranking top 4 in Yards after Catch, Top 5 in receptions, top 5 in receiving yards and top 8 in first down receptions but yet Moore doesn't; with the same exact QB?

Moore is a one trick pony (deep threat) compared to Anderson who's now an all around versatile WR. 

"YPC" lol

1. Because of the number of catches he has-Good thing.

But, as I demonstrated in another post, Moore has more average YAC.

2. Robbie is now compiling. Not a problem, but he he is compiling receptions and Yards. 

What he is not compiling are scores. If Robbie has now morphed into this "versatile" receiver, where are the scores. he should be getting them by going over the top, or getting them in the redzone. He is getting neither.

Dak Prescott has as many receiving TDs as Robbie this year.

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

1. Because of the number of catches he has-Good thing.

But, as I demonstrated in another post, Moore has more average YAC.

2. Robbie is now compiling. Not a problem, but he he is compiling receptions and Yards. 

What he is not compiling are scores. If Robbie has now morphed into this "versatile" receiver, where are the scores. he should be getting them by going over the top, or getting them in the redzone. He is getting neither.

Dak Prescott has as many receiving TDs and Robbie this year.

Robbie was a "one trick go-route runner" here and now the criticism is he's rounded out his game and doesn't go deep enough now? I really don't get it.

• Post of the Week 1

54 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Your username notwithstanding, I am not signing off on Teddy Bridgewater helping Anderson out.  That chicken arm is why he is a low ypc possession receiver now.

Bridgewater isn't elite, nor is he great.  But, he's competent.

And competent is a huge step up from Sam Darnold.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

As I just said, if he is that possession receiver in this offense, where are the red zone TD's?  

Crowder has 3TDs in 5 games.

TDs can be streaky. Catches and yards are more indicative of talent IMHO. Julio Jones went for 1444 yards in 2017 but only 3 TDs. It happens.

• Upvote 1

Do you know what I like my prized WR receivers to do? Make catches on 3rd down that result in a first down. Below are the (NFC ONLY!!!)  stats thus far in 2020. I narrowed it down to NFC only, because I could not find Robbie anywhere on this list. Not sure how many Robbie actually has. Earlier in this thread, I listed Robbie as a "compiler". He is getting catches, he is getting yards, yes. But what are the results of those catches? Apparently not 3rd down conversions or touchdowns. Where a truly great WR should make his money.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFC&type=Receiving&rank=104&year=

1st Down Catches, 3rd Down

Rank Name Team Stats
1 D. Adams GB 16
2 C. Samuel Car 14
3 C. Lamb Dal 13
4t R. Gage Atl 11
4t C. Kupp LAR 11
4t C. Ridley Atl 11
7t D. Amendola Det 10
7t D. Hopkins Ari 10
7t D. Moore Car 10
7t G. Ward Phi 10
11 T. Smith NO 9
12t M. Evans TB 8
12t T. Fulgham Phi 8
12t C. Godwin TB 8
12t T. McLaurin Was 8
12t A. Miller Chi 8
12t E. Sanders NO 8
12t S. Shepard NYG 8
12t G. Tate NYG 8
12t M. Valdes-Scantling GB 8

First downs on third down?  That sounds like one of those ridiculous stats invented to compare Chrebet favorably to Hall of Famers.  This is a function of the offense.  Curtis Samuel and DJ Moore are fairly high on that list, yet they produce way less than Anderson.  Is that because they roll coverage to Anderson on 3rd down?  Does this list mean that Ridley is better than Julio Jones?  My feeling on this whole thing?  Bah!

• Upvote 1

On 11/16/2020 at 6:24 AM, Scott Dierking said:

Yet DJ Moore has been able to have the 3rd highest YPR in the league at 18.9 with the same QB. Hmmmm.

Because Robby gets the coverage shifted to his side allowing Moore to get more opportunities to succeed just like a good outside pass rusher gets the blocking scheme shifted to his side...allowing the rusher on the opposite side better opportunities to get to the QB. This is simple enough to understand even for a below average football IQ spectator. 

• Thumb Down 1

On 11/16/2020 at 11:15 AM, TeddEY said:

Bridgewater isn't elite, nor is he great.  But, he's competent.

And competent is a huge step up from Sam Darnold.

Robby is running teh majority of the underneath routes that Crowder runs here.

The other dudes THERE are running more of the routes that Robby did HERE.

shrug. Robbo is a soild NFL WR2/3.

• Upvote 1

On 11/16/2020 at 1:43 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

"YPC" lol

Moore is a one trick pony deep threat?

Not only is Robby 6th in receptions and 5th in receiving yards but he's also...

11th in 1st down receptions!

Right now Robby Anderson is playing with a weak armed QB in Teddy B who doesn't have the arm strength needed in order to fully utilize and maximize the strengths and attributes of Robby Anderson but yet Robby has still emerged into an absolute X-factor...

I couldn't imagine Robby Anderson playing alongside of a rocket armed QB who could feature Anderson's talents such as a Mahomes, Rodgers, Roethlisberher, Russell Wilson and/or Josh Allen and he'd become absolutely physically impossible to stop let alone contain. 

16 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Not only is Robby 6th in receptions and 5th in receiving yards but he's also...

11th in 1st down receptions!

Right now Robby Anderson is playing with a weak armed QB in Teddy B who doesn't have the arm strength needed in order to fully utilize and maximize the strengths and attributes of Robby Anderson but yet Robby has still emerged into an absolute X-factor...

I couldn't imagine Robby Anderson playing alongside of a rocket armed QB who could feature Anderson's talents such as a Mahomes, Rodgers, Roethlisberher, Russell Wilson and/or Josh Allen and he'd become absolutely physically impossible to stop let alone contain. 

It would stand to reason that with that many receptions, he would have a number of first downs.

he is also is way down on the list of %of receptions leading to a first down