Sarge4Tide

Gale Sayers has passed....RIP

In before the inevitable #f*ck2020

• Haha 1

I remember watching Brian's Song as a kid and thinking what a wonderful person Gale was too. I loved the history of football as a kid, and loved watching a new NFL FILMS I had not seen before. Steve Sabol was my teacher of the history of football. Gale Sayers was as impressive on the field as he was off. Too bad his career was cut short with injuries. RIP, Kansas Comet.

• Upvote 3

RIP to the best and most electrifying player I ever saw. One of the greatest people also. Still have my copy of I Am Third, and read it from time to time. Not a bad draft for the 65 bears, Sayers and Butkus.😎

• Upvote 2

Living on the East Coast, I did not get to see Sayers play very much. But when I did, it was spectacular.  Every time he touched the ball, he was a threat to go the distance. There was one game where he scored touchdowns 5 different ways (at least if I remember correctly). His career was cut short by a knee injury, which, if it happened today, would be treatable. 

RIP Gale. You were a great player and a better person .

• Upvote 1

The Kansas Gale was my FAVORITE RB of ALL TIME!  :( 

For those who don't know take a look..

• Upvote 4

Great to watch, May have even been better than Jim Brown. Shame that the surgery techniques of today wasn't available in his time. His career was way too short.

• Upvote 2

Amazingly talented player. Scored 6 TDs in a game.  Was drafted 4th by the Bears in 1965 who also drafted Dick Butkus with the 3rd pick that year.  Giants had the first overall pick and drafted Tucker Frederickson. 

• Upvote 2

One of the best ever.  I am old enough to have seen him play, and the guy was a threat everytime he touched the ball.  So much fun to watch.  Career ended too soon.  What could have been.

RIP, Gale.

• Upvote 1

His passing truly makes me sad.  Amazing athlete I loved watching play and an even better human being.   RIP to a true immortal and giant of the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, munchmemory said:

His passing truly makes me sad.  Amazing athlete I loved watching play and an even better human being.   RIP to a true immortal and giant of the game.

this

cried watching Brian's SOng

• Upvote 1

RIP Gale.

For a team that had two future all stars, the Bears were horrific during the years of Sayers and Butkus.