Sign in to follow this  
CTJetsFan

And we think our medical staff is inept

Imagine the reaction here had this happened to Sam

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Chargers' team doctor accidentally punctured Tyrod Taylor’s lung while trying to administer a pain-killing injection during pregame warmups in Week 2.

It means Taylor is dealing with a collapsed lung. That's a serious injury, and Taylor has been advised not to play "indefinitely." Taylor is expected to fully recover, but that's unlikely to happen this week. Justin Herbert is in line to make another start against the Panthers.

Related:

Justin Herbert

Source: ESPN

Sep 23, 2020, 11:45 AM ET

• Upvote 1

"Accidently".. riiiight. Doc just got promoted. 

Miami also has a contract offer out to this guy

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

GEEZ

Can you sue your own team doctor for malpractice?

My thought as well when I read it

Malpractice suit coming right up

• Upvote 2

Jesus. Really? I'm just a ******* Paramedic,  and I've performed field Decompressions of Tension Pneumothorax. The difference of force and needle size necessary to perform that compared to an IM injection is significant.

WTF.

• Upvote 1

That ******* doctor cost me. 12 team league, my team scored 148 points with only Taylor left to play. Only two other teams in the league topped 110 for the week - one of them happened to be the guy I was going against. He ended with 151. I didn't even have a chance to move taylor out for someone else. Ugh. 

• Haha 1

True story while going for pain injection shots prior to 2 back surgeries a Dr injected a needle into my sciatic nerve made my issue worse. He said it will hurt for awhile then go away................i'm still waiting. 

No one is perfect I guess and if a Dr makes a mistake you are screwed. No money can compensate you for pain. 

• Upvote 3

Tyrod has had the most cursed career.  He seems to always get that perfect injury that results in him losing his starting job. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

53 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

That ******* doctor cost me. 12 team league, my team scored 148 points with only Taylor left to play. Only two other teams in the league topped 110 for the week - one of them happened to be the guy I was going against. He ended with 151. I didn't even have a chance to move taylor out for someone else. Ugh. 

Your fault for drafting and starting Tyrod Taylor in the first place.

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Tyrod has had the most cursed career. 

And he's never been a Jet!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

CBA rules don't allow players to sue team doctors for malpratice.

CBA rules put players firmly at the mercy of owners. NFLPA might as well not exist

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Chargers' team doctor accidentally punctured Tyrod Taylor’s lung while trying to administer a pain-killing injection during pregame warmups in Week 2.

It means Taylor is dealing with a collapsed lung. That's a serious injury, and Taylor has been advised not to play "indefinitely." Taylor is expected to fully recover, but that's unlikely to happen this week. Justin Herbert is in line to make another start against the Panthers.

Related:

Justin Herbert

Imagine ifAVery Willimaosn reported that he was reinjured cos the practices were too fast/hard?

(people were killing Gase for preseason practice injuries)

• Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

CBA rules put players firmly at the mercy of owners. NFLPA might as well not exist

Honestky i dont KNOW enough aboutit to comment....  but MY GUTS tell me this is true.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

I didn't know Frank Burns was still practicing.

Frank Burns .. HAHAAHAHA

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Jesus. Really? I'm just a ******* Paramedic,  and I've performed field Decompressions of Tension Pneumothorax. The difference of force and needle size necessary to perform that compared to an IM injection is significant.

WTF.

I mean I can see how it could happen.  I'm sure he was doing a nerve block under the rib, probably 45 degree angle and as you know that space is probably less than 2cm, I could see how you could poke through, just a little bit.

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Your fault for drafting and starting Tyrod Taylor in the first place.

Thanks for your hot take, but no, I'm not the one who punctured Tyrod Taylor's lung.

It's a superflex league so 2/3rds of the league's QBs play every week and every starter and quality backup is rostered during the draft. I spent a low pick on Fitzmagic, so he'll be an easy transition, but if I had just gotten an alert a minute before the deadline on Sunday, I would have swapped Fitz for Taylor and won. 

32 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Honestky i dont KNOW enough aboutit to comment....  but MY GUTS tell me this is true.

When have i ever let you down, Losmeister?!!! 

#GuidoIntuition 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Tyrod has had the most cursed career. 

* Except Week 17 of the 2015 season, against the Jets

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Thanks for your hot take, but no, I'm not the one who punctured Tyrod Taylor's lung.

It's a superflex league so 2/3rds of the league's QBs play every week and every starter and quality backup is rostered during the draft. I spent a low pick on Fitzmagic, so he'll be an easy transition, but if I had just gotten an alert a minute before the deadline on Sunday, I would have swapped Fitz for Taylor and won. 

Should have drafted better QB's earlier in the draft then.  We had a 2-QB league draft here on JN this season.  I drafted Mahomes (1st round), Wilson (2nd round) and Big Ben (9th round).  

10 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

it gets worse...

How someone with that history was allowed to keep practicing medicine is beyond me.

• Sad 1

sounds likethe NFLPA should have a hand in what medical personnel are taking care of them, no?

@predator_05

4 hours ago, section314 said:

I didn't know Frank Burns was still practicing.

Speaking of M*A*S*H

4 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

Related:

Justin Herbert

Shouldn't Gase get a physical?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

GEEZ

Can you sue your own team doctor for malpractice?

Ask Kelechi Osemele.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Speaking of M*A*S*H

Great clip. Maybe the best written show ever. That kid looked too much like Sam.😩Charles is Gase.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

"OMG!!! Sam Darnold was stabbed in the lungs with a syringe!"

@Jetsfan80 and @jgb sneak out of the locker room in lab coats! lol

• Haha 4