And we think our medical staff is inept

CTJetsFan

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Should have drafted better QB's earlier in the draft then.  We had a 2-QB league draft here on JN this season.  I drafted Mahomes (1st round), Wilson (2nd round) and Big Ben (9th round).  

I play in a competitive 12 man league with a keeper and had the 8th pick. In any given year, at least 10 starting QBs are off the board just due to being keepers. Regardless, any 2 QB league in which you're getting Wilson in the second round is either like a 4 person league or it's full of scrubs that you're taking advantage of. 

5 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Jesus. Really? I'm just a ******* Paramedic,  and I've performed field Decompressions of Tension Pneumothorax. The difference of force and needle size necessary to perform that compared to an IM injection is significant.

WTF.

Pneumothorax is a known risk of an intercostal nerve block for rib pain. The nerve runs between the ribs just above the pleural space. It’s not necessarily malpractice. 

54 minutes ago, docdhc said:

Pneumothorax is a known risk of an intercostal nerve block for rib pain. The nerve runs between the ribs just above the pleural space. It’s not necessarily malpractice. 

This. I've personally performed this block many times. It's possible especially if not performed under ultrasound. Known risk of the procedure, still unfortunate for the guy.