BettyBoop

Don't Confuse Desire With Incompetence

Chris Johnson is a nice guy.  I have no doubt about that.  He is not just about the bottom line.  I think he wants to win as much as the fan base does.  He is just incompetent.  Plain and simple.  Like his brother, he just doesn't know what he doesn't know.  And he doesn't know football.  Plain and simple.  If he had any idea of what he doesn't know he (they) wouldn't put themselves in the middle of the critical decision making.  At this point we don't know if Chris, unlike his brother, can learn from his mistakes.  It's our only hope.

Just don't confuse desire with incompetence.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Like 1

I have tried to Google him to see any accomplishments.  NONE. ZERO. NADA.

Woody has none either but has at least "stuff" out there. But yes, if they weren't born to money, they would be bank tellers.

5 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Chris Johnson is a nice guy.  I have no doubt about that.  He is not just about the bottom line.  I think he wants to win as much as the fan base does.  He is just incompetent.  Plain and simple.  Like his brother, he just doesn't know what he doesn't know.  And he doesn't know football.  Plain and simple.  If he had any idea of what he doesn't know he (they) wouldn't put themselves in the middle of the critical decision making.  At this point we don't know if Chris, unlike his brother, can learn from his mistakes.  It's our only hope.

Well, CJ did say he regrets not firing and replacing Mac sooner, so maybe that is showing he may be learning to some degree. But, the fact of the matter is less of an unbelievable miracle of a turnaround by Gase(And players are already calling out how the team practices which is on Gase as the HC), CJ will have to sooner rather than later admit Gase was a mistake and move on from him one way or the other. Either nid-season fire him and annoint one of the assistant caches as an interim coach or at the end of the year fire him and most importantly let the football guy JD he did make a good decision hiring make the call on who the next coach is. It would be best for the new coach then to report directly to JD, but even if he doesn't and reports to CJ in essence the HC will report to JD to some degree since that is who picked the HC.  If this all occurs like I am stating, then we will see that CJ is learning from his mistakes and understanding that he has to delegate to a football minded person the football decisions of hiring these important positions like the HC and not just choosing players. We all know you may choose very good players, but if they are badly coaches they will certainly underachieve.

No I don't think so.

I think cj and woody are above average owners, probably top 10.

We have bad gms for 15 years, it's a big problem

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

I never understood why people were always compelled to make new threads unless it was to share new insightful happenings. Thats not true. I lied. Its because some people really really want to say "Look at me. I need attention when I would drowned in a sea of other posts if I put my 'provocative' thoughts into another thread and that would kill me on the inside". 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Well, he tried listening to accomplished football professionals in Ron Wolf and Charlie Casserly. Even they ****ed it up. IMO, it's just a LOT of bad luck 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, funaz said:

No I don't think so.

The Johnsons Top 10 Owners!!! LOLOLOLOL

Ladies and Gentlemen your winner of Dumbest Post for the Month of September!!!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Well, CJ did say he regrets not firing and replacing Mac sooner, so maybe that is showing he may be learning to some degree. But, the fact of the matter is less of an unbelievable miracle of a turnaround by Gase(And players are already calling out how the team practices which is on Gase as the HC), CJ will have to sooner rather than later admit Gase was a mistake and move on from him one way or the other. Either nid-season fire him and annoint one of the assistant caches as an interim coach or at the end of the year fire him and most importantly let the football guy JD he did make a good decision hiring make the call on who the next coach is. It would be best for the new coach then to report directly to JD, but even if he doesn't and reports to CJ in essence the HC will report to JD to some degree since that is who picked the HC.  If this all occurs like I am stating, then we will see that CJ is learning from his mistakes and understanding that he has to delegate to a football minded person the football decisions of hiring these important positions like the HC and not just choosing players. We all know you may choose very good players, but if they are badly coaches they will certainly underachieve.

Waiting around for some owners learning curve to improve? Ugh. Why can’t they just stay out of the way?

8 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

What an amazing hot take.  

Let me know when you tour the talk show circuit and get a book deal. 

SAR I

9 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

We're not gonna be a competent franchise until the Johnsons sell the team. 

Then you may as well abandon ship now.  They're not selling.  It's a cash printing machine for them.

And there is nothing you or I can do about it.

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The desire to win is just like a ham sandwich because not all unicorns are purple.

Smart Think About It GIF by Friends

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Then you may as well abandon ship now.  They're not selling.  It's a cash printing machine for them.

And there is nothing you or I can do about it.

Not sure there's a solution in the short term, that's for sure. 

As for this season, the Raiders seem fun to watch - young team, got Josh Jacobs on my fantasy squad, their new stadium 'the death star' looks great, and I always liked Chucky & Mayock despite all the hate they get. 

Anyways, Becton is great, so we got that going for us... which is nice. 

12 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I have tried to Google him to see any accomplishments.  NONE. ZERO. NADA.

Woody has none either but has at least "stuff" out there. But yes, if they weren't born to money, they would be bank tellers.

Why are you insulting bank tellers?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, funaz said:

No I don't think so.

Who has been picking the GMs?.

11 hours ago, Jetluv58 said:

Waiting around for some owners learning curve to improve? Ugh. Why can’t they just stay out of the way?

Well why can't our top people in the companies just stay out of the way since it is there mistakes that always sink us in the end?. Because they want the power to control their own fate even if they cannot make the decisions properly and when lower level people can.

• Upvote 1

I believe that ego will be a driving factor.  No one likes to see their ego pooped on, especially super wealthy folks like CJ, and there's been a torrential downpour of of poop on CJ and his brother for the last 5+years.  CJ only fired Mac after the groundswell of negativity and poor results was so loud that he looked foolish for not making a move.  That's what is going to get Gase fired, and thankfully, the timeline has been sped up significantly because of Gase's utter and complete incompetence.  A few more non competitive losses and I truly believe that Gase will be fired mid season.  CJ won't let his ego take another massive hit.  Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Well why can't our top people in the companies just stay out of the way since it is there mistakes that always sink us in the end?. Because they want the power to control their own fate even if they cannot make the decisions properly and when lower level people can.

Yes. They spent all that money, they want to play with their toy. I get it. It’s fun for them.

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

What an amazing hot take.  

Let me know when you tour the talk show circuit and get a book deal. 

SAR I

Don't fret SORE I, I will mention you in my Nobel Prize acceptance speech. 

Please answer the question on everyone's mind: Is "Adam" a good kisser?

• Upvote 2

Well I’m confused Pierre Desir with a Cornerback, does that count?

2 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Well I confused Pierre Desir with a Cornerback, does that count?

Is that a Street cornerback named Desire

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Is that a Street cornerback named Desire

Well we may have to depend on the kindness of strangers..