Jets chaos grows as McDougald,Williamson question practice habits

joewilly12

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

A nugget from an Atheltic article sums it up:

That is shocking, they look like a team who have sat in Zoom classrooms and likely stuck in their playbooks which is great but have not put the time in doing live-contact.

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Smells like Greggggg sabotage to me. 

If I worked anywhere near Gase I’d never turn my back to him...

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

What Gase does well:  I don't know, we've only seen him with a depleted Maccagnan/Idzik roster that's injured.

What Gase needs to improve:  I don't know, we've only seen him with a depleted Maccagnan/Idzik roster that's injured.

SAR I

Finally we agree. You don’t know.

5 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

I feel like the fact that its Mcdoug makes what is being said that much worse. Imagine starting a job at a brand new company and within your first month you're already openly communicating how sh*tty it is. I've worked for some horrible organizations in my life and even in those situations it was a few months before I had a real grasp of the extent of the sh*tshow I was working for. 

I empathize. Took a job once even though there were red flags all over the place. Never chase a title, folks.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

What Gase does well:  I don't know, we've only seen him with a depleted Maccagnan/Idzik roster that's injured.

What Gase needs to improve:  I don't know, we've only seen him with a depleted Maccagnan/Idzik roster that's injured.

SAR I

Your troll game needs work. It’s too obvious you actually know nothing about football.

10 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

That came after they made the remarks...not when they made the remarks. Big difference. 

The remarks were made by two DEFENDERS about the practices held by GREGG WILLIAMS who, everyone knows, is the head coach of the DEFENSE.

These comments have NOTHING TO DO with Adam Gase.

SAR I

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

Two defenders.  Complaining.  To the media.

It's an indictment of Gregg Williams.  You know, your designated head coach in waiting.

SAR I

No, it's an indictment of Gase, Williams and everyone else our idiot owners have erred with. Always.

Gase has to go along with this staff.  Waiting another year will just make us older before we see anything positive. 

Gase is awful.  2nd worst HC in Jets history behind Kotite. He will soon overtake Kotite.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, MS jets Fan said:

I stated before that the team lost confidence in Gase as a coach.

Yes, a 6-2 finish after a 1-7 start is surely evidence that the team has "lost confidence" in the head coach who kept their heads on straight and devised an offense to win games with limited personnel.

I remember early on in the season Sam stated that the offense will be more attacking. Well that has yet to be seen obviously.

Uhhh, not another one, not another supposedly-smart Jets fan who can't read an injury report.  There comes a time when you are so decimated at WR that you can't (wait for it) pass the ball.  

This game coming up should be a do or die game for Gase. If the team does not show any vast improvement this week Gase should be gone. Greg Williams deserves a shot.

Yes, in a game where we know going-in that Crowder, Mims, Perriman, and Bell can't play, let's hold Adam Gase accountable and fire him.......oh, and let's replace him with Gregg Williams whose defense has no excuse for sucking as bad as they do and who has his own players speaking out about soft practices.

You, sir, are a genius.

SAR I

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The remarks were made by two DEFENDERS about the practices held by GREGG WILLIAMS who, everyone knows, is the head coach of the DEFENSE.

SAR I

It has everything to do with Gase.  Gase sets the culture (Just like Rex did).

In the end it has to do with having the dumbest ownership in the league.  It's not even close.

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, a 6-2 finish after a 1-7 start is surely evidence that the team has "lost confidence" in the head coach who kept their heads on straight and devised an offense to win games with limited personnel.

Uhhh, not another one, not another supposedly-smart Jets fan who can't read an injury report.  There comes a time when you are so decimated at WR that you can't, wait for it, pass the ball.  

Yes, in a game where we know going-in that Crowder, Mims, Perriman, and Bell can't play, let's hold Adam Gase accountable and fire him.......oh, and let's replace him with Gregg Williams whose defense has no excuse for sucking as bad as they do and who has his own players speaking out about soft practices.

You, sir, are a genius.

SAR I

25 years of reading your stuff.

This is, by far the worst of it.  

Your defense of Gase is indefensible.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, pointman said:

Greg Williams doesn't run the practices. Adam Gase does.

LOL, sure.  I've been there, actually.  I've seen the practices.  Adam is over with the offense, Gregg with the defense.

It's awesome how Adam only gets discredit for the things that are wrong and Gregg gets all the credit for the things that are right.  Not buying it, sorry.  If you gave Gregg 100% of the credit for last year's solid D then you give Gregg 100% of the discredit for this year's porous joke.  Can't have it both ways, chief.

SAR I

8 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

Uhh.....no.

Miami's offense was ranked 24th, 25th, and 31st thanks to Gase's offensive wizardry.  To quote a legitimately great coach - "You are what your record says you are."

Gase is a loser and no amount of verbal masturbation from you or anyone else from the silly squad will change that.

Again with the rankings of a) rebuilding teams b) completely injured.

Adam has chosen some crappy teams to work for and has had very bad luck with injuries.  The evidence we have that Adam is a good head coach is that a) he took the Dolphins to a 10-6 playoff berth a few years ago and b) he turned around our 1-7 catastrophe to a 6-2 finish.  Those are solid accomplishments.  

SAR I

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Uhhh, not another one, not another supposedly-smart Jets fan who can't read an injury report.  There comes a time when you are so decimated at WR that you can't, wait for it, pass the ball.  

You, sir, are a genius.

SAR I

You keep saying that we knew going in that Perriman wasn't going to play.  Aren't you interested how he played a third of the offensive snaps then?   

This is the second straight year where Gase has, by week 2, had an offense that literally was not even in a position to try.   That is after a career of allegedly being held back by Tannehill's injury history.  I don't know about you, but methinks I sees a pattern.

Gase had problems with his players in miami...he traded his best players away (jay ajayi and jarvis landry). Tannehill blossomed into a great qb once he left gases system and without gase their wr parker looked solid for the first time. Not to say gase is fully responsible for the crapshow we have seen the past two weeks but the finger pointing has to start somewhere and he has a track record.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Again with the rankings of a) rebuilding teams b) completely injured.

Adam has chosen some crappy teams to work for and has had very bad luck with injuries.  The evidence we have that Adam is a good head coach is that a) he took the Dolphins to a 10-6 playoff berth a few years ago and b) he turned around our 1-7 catastrophe to a 6-2 finish.  Those are solid accomplishments.  

SAR I

King troll out for his morning feeding.  Eat, my man.  Eat.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Hey no doubt that their shell shocked by the amount of injuries from last year and immediately in practice this year, guys were going down right away.

This may sound silly and it's just a theory but since there were complaints about the new turf at MetLife, I wonder if the same company supplies the turf at One jets Drive?

The amounts of knees ankles and hammies is absolutely ridiculous. They need to figure out what the f*** is going on

turf shouldnt be responsible for hamstring injuries.. .Knee and ankles I could see. 

Hamstring pulls are from over exertion, tightness, or weakness in the muscle.  This has always been a Strength and Conditioning issue to me.  And is the one area that has not been re-evaluated since Sal Alosi was fired.  Justin Galac was hired very young, Hired by rex ryan at 32 years old and had no prior nfl experience before, only coached at villanova. 

Now in the beginning Justin Galac had a great stretch, 4 straight years of low injury incidence.  Now i believe 9 years in, He's having a rough stretch.  I cant say what changed over his stretch of time, or if players just arent doing what they need to do to get ready, I am not sure. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

turf shouldnt be responsible for hamstring injuries.. .Knee and ankles I could see. 

Hamstring pulls are from over exertion, tightness, or weakness in the muscle.  This has always been a Strength and Conditioning issue to me.  And is the one area that has not been re-evaluated since Sal Alosi was fired.  Justin Galac was hired very young, Hired by rex ryan at 32 years old and had no prior nfl experience before, only coached at villanova. 

Now in the beginning Justin Galac had a great stretch, 4 straight years of low injury incidence.  Now i believe 9 years in, He's having a rough stretch.  I cant say what changed over his stretch of time, or if players just arent doing what they need to do to get ready, I am not sure. 

Under Bowles, the Jets were actually very healthy.  That made the Bowles issues even more frustrating.  I think it was because the players played through their injuries and wanted to play for him, even if his plan was all wrong.  

Remember when Parcells was first hired and at his press conference he had binders out of all of the Kotite injuries.  Parcells’ teams were much tougher. 

Chris said that Gase was coaching where football is going.  I think it is the absolute opposite.  Do you think today’s NFL players want to be coached by Adam Gase?  Matt Patricia?  BB at least has credibility.  

I think guys like Kingsbury, McVay and Rhule have much more appeal.  

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

Under Bowles, the Jets were actually very healthy.  That made the Bowles issues even more frustrating.  I think it was because the players played through their injuries and wanted to play for him, even if his plan was all wrong.  

Remember when Parcells was first hired and at his press conference he had binders out of all of the Kotite injuries.  Parcells’ teams were much tougher. 

Chris said that Gase was coaching where football is going.  I think it is the absolute opposite.  Do you think today’s NFL players want to be coached by Adam Gase?  Matt Patricia?  BB at least has credibility.  

I think guys like Kingsbury, McVay and Rhule have much more appeal.  

Younger guys always have more appeal at first for sure, I also think it helps that those guys are winning early in their careers.  

Everyone loves playing for the cool guy that wins.  If kingsbury came in and he was losing a lot early, youd see the same thing.   

In regards to todd i think people just liked how real and honest he was.  Dude played in the league so that always carries alot of weight with it anyway, but he understood what the players needed from him, and guys appreciate that alot.  

I didnt love todd as a HC, but he got a little knee capped here having no symbiotic relationship with Mac. 

25 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It has everything to do with Gase.  Gase sets the culture (Just like Rex did).

In the end it has to do with having the dumbest ownership in the league.  It's not even close.

You are selling them way short......they are in the conversation for all of professional sports. They blew past the NFL years. ago.

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

If I were head coach I would forfeit the next few games until my offense is healthy and can compete.  Then I'd roll out the team I thought I had back in August and go win some games.

All we are doing now is risking injury and making their return meaningless.  We'll get Mims, Crowder, Bell, and Perriman back and boom, Sam or Becton will be hurt.  

SAR I

So forfeited games will get the team ready to win?

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The starting defense practices against the starting offense.  Practice is overseen by the HC.  Practice habits are driven by the HC.

This is another shot at Gase.  When players get disgusted enough to start vocalizing this sort of a thing, it is already too late... 

• Post of the Week 1

32 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Good post. Yes I remember that for quite some time the Jets really didn't have a lot of injuries. It really sucks because Gase is taking the blame.

However it's not just here it's all around the league and I'm wondering if there's a whole bunch of crying wolf going on?

This is a really strange time because of the pandemic. I'm very sure there were a lot of guys on the fence about opting out, and having a deadline to do so.

39 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You keep saying that we knew going in that Perriman wasn't going to play.  Aren't you interested how he played a third of the offensive snaps then?   

This is the second straight year where Gase has, by week 2, had an offense that literally was not even in a position to try.   That is after a career of allegedly being held back by Tannehill's injury history.  I don't know about you, but methinks I sees a pattern.

If Gase is doing something directly contributing to the injuries, I'd be the first to demand his resignation.

But since it seems he actually went easy on the team in the limited training camp, it looks like he was doing everything possible to keep them healthy after last year's travesty.

This is an incredible streak of bad luck with injuries.  We can blame a lot on a head coach, but we can't hold Gase accountable for guys twisting limbs when they run.  Seeing that Gase has not coached a single game with proper offensive personnel, we cannot judge his abilities.  It sucks.  But it's true.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

If Gase is doing something directly contributing to the injuries, I'd be the first to demand his resignation.

But since it seems he actually went easy on the team in the limited training camp, it looks like he was doing everything possible to keep them healthy after last year's travesty.

This is an incredible streak of bad luck with injuries.  We can blame a lot on a head coach, but we can't hold Gase accountable for guys twisting limbs when they run.  Seeing that Gase has not coached a single game with proper offensive personnel, we cannot judge his abilities.  It sucks.  But it's true.

SAR I

Or guys aren't willing to play a little banged up? That in itself is a problem. 

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

What good is it if they are in preseason form?

Seeing that we know what this team looks like when injured, Gase taking all steps possible to have them healthy for the regular season was a good strategy.  Despite this, it didn't work.  We are injured and we look like crap anyway.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I wasn't asked that question.  I was asked a) what does Gase do well and b) what does Gase need to improve.

SAR I

And you said you don't  know. People generally like HC's because they do something  well like win or have a team ready to play no matter who the players are. You can't  even  name a reason you like him. Who goes through a season without losing players? Last season Hill on KC was hurt the entire second half of the season and KC won a SB. They also were playing musical RB's. Gase can be judged on who he is playing. 

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Seeing that we know what this team looks like when injured, Gase taking all steps possible to have them healthy for the regular season was a good strategy.  Despite this, it didn't work.  We are injured and we look like crap anyway.

SAR I

Every team has injuries. The 9ers are a MASH unit and they still played well enough to beat us in convincing fashion with a backup QB. Look at what happened last season when we had to play a backup QB. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'll do just about anything to see a healthy Jets team instead of this XFL squad we've been subjected to for the past 13 months.

SAR I

Easy get rid of Gase, injuries to players follow him around like a bad smell. Perhaps if he ran a more NFL style practice,(re Williamson and McDougald)  players maybe in better physical shape?

One thing that seems very curious about all the lousy practicing stuff is that there has been nothing coming out about the reaction of any of the four captains. These guys have huge responsibility, much more than just going out for a coin toss. We heard a few times in camp how McClendon ripped into guys for things. I can't imagine that if things were of the nature of what's being reported, that the captains wouldn't have stopped practice themselves and gotten into the entire teams face. That's what captains do, or should do. That's what makes this stuff smell.