• Buttfumble
    • Fireman Ed quits
    • Tripgate
    • Geno sucker punch
    • Bowles sucking
    • Gase sucking
    • Other

30 minutes ago, JTJet said:

For me it was the Buttfumble, but only for the situation surrounding the evening. 

I was watching the game, gearing up for a night of Black Friday drinking and shenanigans, and got hit with food poisoning from some pub food I ate the night before. 

So I'm yaking my guts up while heaved over the toilet at the same time the Sanchise is yaking up his career on national television.

After midnight I still manned up and downed several beers and went out with everyone.

Fun times. 

...Almost died the next day though. 

Dude I have almost the same exact story LOL! Except mine was during Herm Edwards, and we had playoff implications. It could have been the Packers might have been the Steelers I don't remember. I had to go upstate to help my then-girlfriend do something, and wound up staying in a hotel that had an in-house Ground Round.

I literally wind up getting sick during the game with food poisoning.. 24 hours puking my guts up and sh*ting myself in the hotel room in Bumble f*** New York. Lmfao!!  it was brutal!

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Dude I have almost the same exact story LOL! Except mine was during Herm Edwards, and we had playoff implications. It could have been the Packers might have been the Steelers I don't remember. I had to go upstate to help my then-girlfriend do something, and wound up staying in a hotel that had an in-house Ground Round.

I literally wind up getting sick during the game with food poisoning.. 24 hours puking my guts up and sh*ting myself in the hotel room in Bumble f*** New York. Lmfao!!  it was brutal!

Man it was the ******* worst lemme tell ya lol. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

Lol, you’re hilarious. The Jets suck again, so let’s talk about how they’ve always sucked. 

The AFCCGs are all the worst, collectively, but the Mud Bowl has to be my personal #1. 

Feel the same way.  1998 was the best team I've seen since SB III. They would have killed Atlanta if they got by Denver.  But the way Shula cheated and got away with it was despicable...

• Upvote 1

They all blend together, and I voted 'Other', but here's two that stick out off the top of my head:

1) The Bubby Brister shovel pass directly to fat Sam Mills of Carolina who ran like he had a load of crap in his pants and rumbled for 36 yards for a TD.  Please note no-one could tackle what was basically the equivalent of a car on three wheels. This also gave the Panthers their FIRST WIN IN TEAM HISTORY. PAIN.  RIP Sam Mills, btw. 

2) Christmas Eve 2000, Jets/Ravens away: Jermaine Lewis, 2 punt returns for TDs, one for 54 yards, one for 89 yards. Christmas . . . food . . . family . . .  presents . . . depression . . . and PAIN. CHRISTMAS PAIN. This was small consolation years later:  https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/6868019/jermaine-lewis-ex-baltimore-raven-arrested-stunned-crash

I could go on about the Jets blowing it against Miami at home under Pete Carroll, but I feel a little piqued. 

P.S.:  I didn't read through anyone else's pain. It's all about me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Most painful was the '98 AFCCG.  I was about 24 years old and that was the first real glimpse of major success I'd ever seen from the Jets.

Was at both the Fake Spike game and the Vinny Achilles.  Both sucked, but nothing compares to having a 3rd Quarter lead in Mile High and blowing it!

If I had been older and more dedicated to the Jets at the time I can imagine the Mud Bowl and Gastineau's hit on Bernie K. absolutely infuriating me..... probably similar to the Doug Brien FG misses (not listed in the poll).

1 hour ago, slats said:

Lol, you’re hilarious. The Jets suck again, so let’s talk about how they’ve always sucked. 

The AFCCGs are all the worst, collectively, but the Mud Bowl has to be my personal #1. 

I would’ve started a poll on best Jets moments but we already know the results:

-Those born before ~1959: “Watching the Jets win a championship.”

-Those born after ~1959: “Listening to my dad talk about watching the Jets win a championship.”

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

98 AFCCG. They would've trounced the Falcons in the SB.

Six turnovers. Curtis Martin 14 yards rushing. One of the worst days as a Jet fan I can remember.

I’ll never forget it, watched the game with my brother in law who is a big Vikings fan. We both thought we were going to face each other in the Super Bowl.

Sunday Bloody Sunday will be the the most disappointing day as a Jets fan for me.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

This is a Sophie's choice... there are so many BAD moments.

You're missing Mud Bowl, Missed FG PITT 2004 playoffs, Giving up 24 unanswered points to Colts in 2010, 2008 collapse after being 8-3 and that's without thinking.

Can only list 40 options on polls on this site had to make some hard cuts ;) 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This is going to sound minor but passing on Jimmy G for Jace Amaro "to give Geno more weaponz" broke me as a human

It did however inspire me to invent the “good players play good” analytical model. Never again will I give any credence to a “moar weaponz” argument.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Man it was the ******* worst lemme tell ya lol. 

Dude I am totally aware I completely understand! LOL for anybody who never actually has had food poisoning you will beg God to kill you as you are puking and crapping uncontrollably at the same time with a fever chills and sweating OMG! It's like being punished in hell. Lol!

My ex had some legal s*** to take care of upstate and we figured we'd make a weekend out of it and have a little romp in a hotel room with a jacuzzi they had a ground round with a bar we got there early and eat clams and shrimp. LOL!

I remember Wayne chrebet was still on the team and we were playing somebody with yellow pants it was either the Packers or the Steelers and I just got so f****** sick dude and I was literally vomiting and all of that for 24 hours. Absolutely brutal punishment it's almost indescribable LMFAO.

Thanks for the laugh on that one dude. And for anybody who has had food poisoning you know you fear that s*** for the rest of your life. And if you haven't, heed my warning it's not like a headache you can take a couple of aspirins and you'll be better in a little bit. You will be begging the Lord to take you. I've actually had it twice and it's the closest to death I've ever felt. LMFAO!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

This is a Sophie's choice... there are so many BAD moments.

You're missing Mud Bowl, Missed FG PITT 2004 playoffs, Giving up 24 unanswered points to Colts in 2010, 2008 collapse after being 8-3 and that's without thinking.

That is a good one.  The jets had just totally crushed and humiliated undefeated Tennessee, the darlings of the nfl , had beaten new england and had a Qb who we knew was good and could put up points when needed.  Then things just sewered, favre got hurt and Mangini and sutton lost their nerve calling defense (i've never seen so many 3 man rush calls in my life) and it all fell apart.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1) the Seattle game in ‘08

2) the day I first heard the rumors of the Jets hiring Gase

Even during the rex/sanchez years, I had no hope that they’d win any of the games they did, so each one they won was an amazing surprise. The losses of course hurt at the time, but I didn’t go into a single game with Sanchez thinking we had a chance.

The ‘08 season was special. 8-3, 1st place in the AFC, Brady out, Favre on the Jets, beating the 10-0 titans in Tennessee. We had the only Jets coach to beat a Brady Belichick team till that point. It was all lining up...that Seattle game was the first time I was truly broken.

Although I didn’t want Darnold in the draft, by the end of year 1, I fell in love with him like I’d never fallen in love with a homegrown Jets QB before. I looked around and saw young QBs getting a new OC or HC and saw them develop/blossom...and I thought we finally have our QB. Now we just need the right guy to get the most out of him. Kliff was available, Rhule was available, McCarthy was available. They all wanted to come here and work with Sam. Instead, we chose the proven loser who was widely hated by some of his most important players.

The first true long term glimmer of hope we’ve had in my lifetime, vanished before our eyes because the owners decided Gase over Kliff or McCarthy or Rhule who would have brought Joe Brady to work with Sam. Only the 2nd real heartbreak, but the one that hurts more.

GREAT(by my standard) Jenn Sterger story here...my 10.5 seconds of near, close, not so close, never close fame...

I am 22-23 maybe, living in Hoboken.  Single.  Working in pharmaceutical sales right out of college.  I fly down to Tampa (I think that's where it was) for a national sales meeting or a sales meeting of some sort.  I am flying back...I walk up to the gate, I notice this fairly stunning girl right away.  Tan. Beautiful. Well endowed.  Wearing a handkerchief of some sort on her head.  Noticeable.  I make note.  She makes note.  We both make note.

I board the plane.  Lo and behold, I am on the aisle, she's next to me in the middle seat.  Long story short:  we start chatting right away and pretty much "hit it off".  I am a sports enthusiast, she's trying to get into sportscasting at the time...I had no idea who she was and she wasn't really much of anything back then.  (I am pretty sure this was RIGHT before she got on with the Jets and the whole Favre situation went down).  She says something to the tune of, "take my number, I am always in NY and I stay in Hoboken, we should catch up...something...something"

So we exchange numbers and we part ways.  So, we go back and forth over text for a few weeks.  She mentions something about the Jets but, I never put two and two together.  She gets the job with the Jets and I start texting her again...we connect on occasion.

Buzzkill: it never gets off the ground and we never really progress one way or the other but, that is my Jenn Sterger story.  She gave me her number on a random plane ride from FL to EWR in 2008 right before the Brett Favre dick pic situation breaks.

Wild times.

Go ahead, kill me for my punchlineless story...Let's have it!

• Upvote 4