HOF QB Steve Young Laughs At Adam Gase's Decision To Kick Useless FG

TuscanyTile2

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

gase wants the final score to be as close as possible which means kicking a fg.  he doesn't try when he thinks he can't win.  this is why he all but punted on 3rd down last year when darnold was out with mono.

I dont see how 3 extra points made the game "close" and nor do I think anyone is fooled by a late TD/FG to make the score look "better" - how is 24-6, better than 24-3?  Nobody is like, oh man, the scored 6???!!!!  They really kept it close!  That's respectable score.  lol

Again, it's more about him saying he doesnt have a play call for 7 yards.  You shouldnt have a job at any level of Football if you dont have a play to gain 7 measly yards.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont see how 3 extra points made the game "close" and nor do I think anyone is fooled by a late TD/FG to make the score look "better" - how is 24-6, better than 24-3?  Nobody is like, oh man, the scored 6???!!!!  They really kept it close!  That's respectable score.  lol

Again, it's more about him saying he doesnt have a play call for 7 yards.  You shouldnt have a job at any level of Football if you dont have a play to gain 7 measly yards.

I disagree, he would rather take the easier points.  He did not want to end up with 3 points for the game.

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I disagree, he would rather take the easier points.  He did not want to end up with 3 points for the game.

Ok, let me ask you this - you're looking around the league, didnt see other games, see a scoreboard, idk, you see the Steelers vs. Bengals score.  It says 31-6.   Do you think to yourself, that's a respectable score.    They kicked two FG's.  At least it's not 3!

No, ofcourse not, you say, wow, that's a blow out, those guys suck. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

The perception is bad, agreed the more damning part of this is the idea that there arent many plays on 4th and 7, it is one of the stupidest comments I've ever heard in my life.   Mr. offensive genius doesnt have a single play that can gain 7 yards?  If it's 3rd and 7, should we just start punting?

Gase “I’m afraid it’s over boys, it’s 1&10!”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Ok, let me ask you this - you're looking around the league, didnt see other games, see a scoreboard, idk, you see the Steelers vs. Bengals score.  It says 31-6.   Do you think to yourself, that's a respectable score.    They kicked two FG's.  At least it's not 3!

No, ofcourse not, you say, wow, that's a blow out, those guys suck. 

I agree with you.  But i think gase doesn’t.  He’s not trying to win, he’s trying to keep the final score respectable.  The loss to buffalo by 10 was a near victory for him.

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I agree with you.  But i think gase doesn’t.  He’s not trying to win, he’s trying to keep the final score respectable.  The loss to buffalo by 10 was a near victory for him.

Got ya, if thats the case, then it's not working, lol.  He's not getting any respect for his commendable efforts and respectable scores.  He's getting roasted by everyone with a pulse for being a terrible coach.

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Got ya, if thats the case, then it's not working, lol.  He's not getting any respect for his commendable efforts and respectable scores.  He's getting roasted by everyone with a pulse for being a terrible coach.

everyone's calling him out but CJ and douglas.  darnold could be next if things get ugly over the next 2 weeks.  if they totally suck vs denver on national tv that could do it.

36 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Bowles did the same thing

its incredible how inept the Johnsons are at picking coaches