Fant expected to miss Sunday’s game

• Fant was signed to play either tackle, with LT if the Jets did not pick up a LT in the draft.  
  • Shell, more of a RT only, signed with the Seahawks and has played about the same as Fant (according to PFF).  Shell has a very substantial per game roster bonus, so he can end up making more than Fant makes.  
  • When was the last time you heard an OL, particularly a T, getting a concussion in practice.
  • You can see this being very Jetsy.  The Johnsons read about how the Jets are not practicing hard.  They order Gase to have hard practices.  Starting T gets a concussion.  Not saying that this did happen, but I can see it.

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

A hangnail would be an excuse that any player on a Gase coached team would try to use to get out of playing... 

So, a few weeks ago I stubbed my toe so bad that the nail partially separated and I had to pull it off with pliers. That was more fun than watching the Jets.

True story.

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

I'm still trying to understand how she didn't see him racing down the track in front of her...   I guess someone was yelling at her to watch out and that is when she turned her head.   Does anyone know where this is from?  

She is Gabriela Szabo, a 3 time world champion and one of the most accomplished middle distance runners of recent times....not sure who he is but both were ok...I believe it was an indoor championships in Germany 

59 minutes ago, varjet said:
  • When was the last time you heard an OL, particularly a T, getting a concussion in practice.

I thought it was fairly comment.  Isn't that what supposedly happened to Mike Webster?  That guy wasn't alleging that he got 25,000 concussions all came in game action.

46 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

A red hot poker up the ass is more fun than watching the Jets... 

...and you know this how? 

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why is this the go-to alternative?

I don't know. Maybe paying somebody to be a migrant worker for a couple of hours and then overpaying for the apples I pick that I won't eat seems a fair alternative. What did you want me to say: "Time to see my massage lady for a happy ending?" That would be far too easy, my friend, far too easy.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Drums said:

Concussions are no joke. That sucks. 

Some of the other injuries, I think, are just guys not wanting to play through the pain for Gase. We don’t have too many “tough” guys. Becton got hurt and kept playing but other than that...

I don’t think it’s that the players want to spend time in the whirlpool as much not having those lockeroom guys who keep the players in line.  Maybe Mosley could’ve been the guy. Hard to say if Adams had that run through a wall attitude.

• Upvote 1

Comical at this point. The two most expensive free agent offensive linemen the Jets signed, as well as Robby Anderson‘s replacement and the Jets most consistent wide receiver.

All four will be out?

Let me guess, no Le’Veon Bell either? Denzel Mims?

Oh well. Guess we’ll have to win with defense! Go get ‘em Jamal Adams and CJ Mosley!!

leslie nielsen good luck GIF