T0m Shane's Top Secret Committee Meeting Place EXPOSED! pics inside...

MTA workers had hidden ‘man cave’ below Grand Central tracks, IG report finds

By David Meyer September 24, 2020 | 5:01am | Updated

Three MTA tradesmen allegedly boozed, napped and watched TV inside a secret “man cave” built below the tracks at Grand Central Terminal, according to the MTA’s internal watchdog.

Investigators discovered the lounge — complete with futon, flat-screen, microwave and refrigerator — behind a plasterboard wall in an unused locksmith shop below Track 114, in the station’s lower level, according to a report by MTA Inspector General Carolyn Pokorny set to be released Thursday.

“Many a New Yorker has fantasized about kicking back with a cold beer in a prime piece of Manhattan real estate — especially one this close to good transportation,” Pokorny said.

“Few would have the chutzpah to commandeer a secret room beneath Grand Central Terminal.”

mta-man-cave-10

The secret MTA man cave has its own microwave and fridge.

mta-man-cave-01.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

The man cave's futon.

mta-man-cave-06

The secret space also had a TV -- and a wooden cabinet that appeared to be specifically designed to conceal it.

mta-man-cave-05

A pull-out cot.

mta-man-cave-03

mta-man-cave-02

The investigators initially paid a surprised visit to the locksmith shop on Aug. 8, 2019, after concluding that Metro-North officials had failed to investigate two previous complaints about workers using the space to “hang out and get drunk and party.”

The three Metro-North employees — a wireman, carpenter foreman and electrical foreman, who were not named due to ongoing disciplinary proceedings — denied ever having been in the room.

But Pokorny’s office says they’d left their fingerprints behind, and the evidence that they used the underground hangout was “overwhelming.”

There, investigators found wooden cabinets that appeared to be specifically designed to conceal the TV and futon, along with a pullout cot sitting just outside the room. A half-empty beer sat in the fridge.

mta-man-cave-11

A peek inside the man cave's fridge.

mta-man-cave-12

The man cave came complete with Wi-Fi.

mta-man-cave-09

An Amazon device found in the secret space.

mta-man-cave-08

mta-man-cave-07

A TV and wooden cabinet that appears to be specifically designed to conceal it.

mta-man-cave-04

An Amazon streaming device attached to the TV had the carpenter foreman’s mobile hotspot on its list of available Wi-Fi networks, and was registered to the electrical foreman — whose name was also on a pull-up bar box and two 2018 datebooks found in the room, the IG said.

A receipt with the wireman’s name printed on it was found inside an air mattress box in the room, the IG said.

He initially admitted to being in the room with the electrical foreman while receiving overtime pay — but later recanted, according to Pokorny.

Confronted by the IG, the electrical foreman admitted to having a copy of the key to the locksmith shop despite not having worked with locksmiths for at least five years.

Grand Central Terminal management, meanwhile, claimed to have no idea the man cave even existed — despite multiple complaints that Metro-North security falsely claimed to have investigated.

Officials “were not aware that the storage room existed and did not know which employees had keys to the storage room,” the IG said.

In a statement, railroad president Cathy Rinaldi called the secret man cave “outrageously inappropriate” and “not consistent with Metro-North’s values.”

All three men — who still deny the allegations — have been suspended without pay, and face potential termination, Rinaldi said.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/24/mta-workers-had-hidden-man-cave-below-grand-central-tracks/

What’s funny about this is that a lot of Metro North jobs require a lot of waiting around with a lot of downtime. I know a guy who works for them on the maintenance side and he literally sleeps for half of his shift and makes a ton of money doing it. You gotta **** up harrrrd to get in trouble for being lazy there

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

CTM 100% trendy hippy geek who loves to act like he’s still in his 20’s and a cool guy on the scene 

Lol, that act is wearing a little thin admittedly ..

Although I did just get a friend request from a 21 female hippy I met this past Saturday. Her job title was Burger King expediator. I had that job 30 years ago and my oldest is eyeing a fast food gig now. Time to grow up maybe?

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I can definitely see him walking around a party with a four pack of boujie IPAs saying sh*t like “You know who was the original trip-hop band? Phish. Except they were actual musicians”

“Dude have you heard Trey rap Getting Jiggy wit it?”

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

Lol, that act is wearing a little thin admittedly ..

Although I did just get a friend request from a 21 female hippy I met this past Saturday. Her job title was Burger King expediator. I had that job 30 years ago and my oldest is eyeing a fast food gig now. Time to grow up maybe?

200.gif

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, JiF said:

“Dude have you heard Trey rap Getting Jiggy wit it?”

It was Fishman

54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I can definitely see him walking around a party with a four pack of boujie IPAs saying sh*t like “You know who was the original trip-hop band? Phish. Except they were actual musicians”

Phish has major hip hop cred

• Haha 3