Jump to content
Jetsfan80

Adam Gase on Jets WR options after injuries: 'Whoever's got a pulse right now'

Recommended Posts

https://www.nfl.com/news/adam-gase-on-jets-wr-options-after-injuries-whoever-s-got-a-pulse-right-now

Adam Gase on Jets WR options after injuries: 'Whoever's got a pulse right now'

Published: Sep 24, 2020 at 12:22 PM
 

Headshot_Author_Kevin-Patra_2020

Kevin Patra

Around the NFL Writer

 

The New York Jets are one of the most banged-up teams in the NFL and are particularly decimated at the receiver position.

It's gotten to the point where coach Adam Gase is just searching for warm bodies.

"Whoever's got a pulse right now, we're ready to go," Gase said of the Jets injuries at WR, per Greg Joyce of the NY Post.

Sam Darnold's top three receivers all dealing with injury.

Jamison Crowder (hamstring) is doubtful to play this week versus the Indianapolis Colts, the coach noted Thursday. Breshad Perriman won't practice today due to an ankle injury, and Chris Hogan is limited after dealing with a rib injury.

Braxton Berrios and Josh Malone are the only other wideouts on the roster. Lawrence Cager could get the call-up from the practice squad this week with all of the issues.

It's bad enough the talent surrounding Darnold was already sub-par. Adding injuries to the equation makes the situation even worse for Gang Green.

  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, according to experts on here Darnold sucks, so it doesn't matter who he's throwing to, he wouldn't hit them with the pass anyway. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Demarius Thomas must have legit told Gase to ****-off or he'd be there.

Stunned Corey Coleman isn't already a Jet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jgb said:

If you have to make excuses for your FQB three years in a row, you don't have a FQB.

And if there's even a chance that you don't have a FQB, you have to act like you need a FQB. But doubt is always resolved in the other direction on both counts. Because dudes get attached.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Adam Gase saddled with the worst roster in football 2 years in a row.

Injuries a theme of all of his teams.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Adam Gase on Jets WR options after injuries: 'Whoever's got a pulse right now'

Sooo, that's nobody.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Injuries a theme of all of his teams.

I think players make up excuses not to play for Gase.  Would rather wait until next year. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Fortunately, I read on JN that all WRs are interchangeable, so it really shouldn't effect our QB too much. 

 

Oversimplification but relatively true if you have a legit FQB.

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Adam Gase saddled with the worst roster in football 2 years in a row.

I can't stand Adam Gase, but this is 100% accurate.

But to be fair - he's also put out the worst offense in the NFL over the past two years.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can take another last place season. What sucks about this particular (sure to be) last place season is that the roster is so bad that I don’t think players can develop in these circumstances, at least not optimally. An offense simply can not function with guys like Berrios and Malone starting at receiver.  

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jgb said:

Oversimplification but relatively true if you have a legit FQB.

Meme Reaction GIF

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I can take another last place season. What sucks about this particular (sure to be) last place season is that the roster is so bad that I don’t think players can develop in these circumstances, at least not optimally. An offense simply can not function with guys like Berrios and Malone starting at receiver.  

Here, here!

Just an unmitigated disaster. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoever has a pulse . . . Wait, I have a pulse! But, I'm uh, I'm busy this weekend. Yeah, that's it, I'm busy. 

sneaky-girl-7808035.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, jgb said:

If you have to make excuses for your FQB three years in a row, you don't have a FQB.

The best of the best QB's wouldn't be good in this Jets offense either the past 2-3 years.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how many WRs do people think we are dressing this week? 

Looking like another day of 20 Frank Gore Carries and 50 WR screens. 

Yay. 

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

The best of the best QB's wouldn't be good in this Jets offense either the past 2-3 years.

There is a huge range of things between "good" and "Darnold." Let's see, just to name a few:

  • Medicore
  • Acceptable
  • Average
  • Not bad
  • Eh
  • Meh
  • So-so
  • Passable
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

 

Thats exactly how most Jazz "music" sounds to me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thebuzzardman said:

Well, according to experts on here Darnold sucks, so it doesn't matter who he's throwing to, he wouldn't hit them with the pass anyway. 

Whats your assessment on Sam? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Gase got to .500 last year with a monoback because we really beat Buffalo in game 1.

#TEAMSAR_I

With that logic, we really didn’t beat Buffalo game 16. We beat their glorified practice squad. Barely, I might add. They don’t hand out “We finally beat Matt Barkley” trophies, and with good reason.

The truth is we didn’t really beat Buffalo week 1. Just like if we came back to beat someone who suffered their own injuries - e.g. the Giants being reduced to a practice squad LT mid-game - it isn’t really a Jets loss even if it does taint the win a bit. 

I love how if we changed one select thing, all the good things that happened would have stayed the same and it only would have reversed the bad things. Except it doesn’t really work that way. Darnold is more than capable of chucking up picks and errant passes when 100% healthy. 

Lost in that “prolly woulda” fantasy is the likelihood that the Jets would have prolly still lost at least 2 (if not all 3) of the Falk games. Like if we lost to the pathetic, winless Bengals with Luke Falk in there for Darnold, there’s little doubt an army of excuse-makers would still be calling that a sure thing woulda-won result. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

With that logic, we really didn’t beat Buffalo game 16. We beat their glorified practice squad. Barely, I might add. They don’t hand out “We finally beat Matt Barkley” trophies, and with good reason.

The truth is we didn’t really beat Buffalo week 1. Just like if we came back to beat someone who suffered their own injuries - e.g. the Giants being reduced to a practice squad LT mid-game - it isn’t really a Jets loss even if it does taint the win a bit. 

I love how if we changed one select thing, all the good things that happened would have stayed the same and it only would have reversed the bad things. Except it doesn’t really work that way. Darnold is more than capable of chucking up picks and errant passes when 100% healthy. 

Lost in that “prolly woulda” fantasy is the likelihood that the Jets would have prolly still lost at least 2 (if not all 3) of the Falk games. Like if we lost to the pathetic, winless Bengals with Luke Falk in there for Darnold, there’s little doubt an army of excuse-makers would still be calling that a sure thing woulda-won result. 

av-5645.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

The best of the best QB's wouldn't be good in this Jets offense either the past 2-3 years.

So let's give Darnold a lifetime contract, just to be safe.  Can't afford him becoming a mediocre QB somewhere else!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...