Is Joe Douglas tanking or is he inept?

pointman

Is Joe Douglas tanking or is he inept?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Well, is he tanking or is he as dumb as the roster of the Jets front office?

• Tanking for Trevor "Jesus in cleats" Lawrence.
    • Only knows football from what he learned on Tecmo Bowl.

24 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

How has the team looked since they fired him?

Right now i feel like they are building a foundation and coffer that will set us up in 2021 pretty well.

We have $$$ and Picks to go along with what appears to be a STUD LT.

The tale will be told next March and during the draft.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I believe the Jets are currently expected to have the MOST money under the Cap next year.

How on earth did this team not spend a few $$$ on 1-2 year deals to move the dial from bad to mediocre at the WR spot?

Because they would then not have the most money next year, post COVID, hopefully.

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

How has the team looked since they fired him?

Idzik and Maccagnan being abominations (with Macc being the worst GM in NFL history) does not somehow make Tannenbaum good.  Better, absolutely.  Good, no.  

The last good draft this team has had was 2007 (you could maybe make a case for the 2011 and 2013 drafts).  Meaning Tannenbaum put together 5 straight bad drafts (or 4 out of 5) prior to getting fired.  Gholston, Sanchez, Kyle Wilson, Quinton Coples, Stephen Hill....those all are on his resume.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Idzik and Maccagnan being abominations does not somehow make Tannenbaum good.

Better, absolutely.  Good, no.  

The last good draft this team has had was 2007.  Meaning Tannenbaum put together 5 straight bad drafts prior to getting fired.

Yea so - Tannenbaum was at least somewhat competent. Idzik and Mac were not close to competent.

Not sure if you're trying to argue with me or what. My only point is that Douglass gives me at a minimum Tanny level competence vibes - and I think he could be better.

His track record is very limited at this point.

2 hours ago, pointman said:

Beats arguing with an angry guy who isn't well informed. ?

Angry?  Not angry, mad or fighting

Uninformed?  What’s to be informed about?  Really, seems to be opinions at work here.  Brilliant

Whatever makes you, the only one arguing with everyone feel good.  

13 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I think he’s made some excellent decisions. If Van Roten wasn’t playing so terribly bad, the O line would be average, which is a huge upgrade. You can question his failure draft or sign another WR or ILB, but you can’t predict injuries or Mosely sitting out.

I don’t think anyone wants to play for Gase

JD offered Robby literally double what the Panthers offered and he chose the Panthers and Rhule.  CJ skipping the season reeks of Gase repulsion

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

JD offered Robby literally double what the Panthers offered and he chose the Panthers and Rhule.  CJ skipping the season reeks of Gase repulsion

Agree with top part. Would love to see the source on the second.

• Upvote 1

On 9/25/2020 at 8:42 AM, Dunnie said:

Right now i feel like they are building a foundation and coffer that will set us up in 2021 pretty well.

We have $$$ and Picks to go along with what appears to be a STUD LT.

The tale will be told next March and during the draft.

agreed !.. it's gonna come down to  " makin' the right picks "  ( in the draft & free agency )   ;)

cheers ~ ~

:beer:

On 9/24/2020 at 3:21 PM, isired said:

Disagree. I vote ?

He was brought into a team that had the worst roster in the league and is building a team with a finite number of draft picks each year and a salary cap.

He may be inept, but I don’t think you can decide that until next season or the season after.

He took Becton and stole Mims with an added pick. Legendary already. Best GM we’ve had since the  Parcells redo. 

18 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Not true. Just look at the offensive genius of Gase. 

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2020 at 4:42 PM, Beerfish said:

As much as people howl and wince at this, right now Joe Douglas is John Idzik.  He has a plan  and is sticking to it.  As with Idzik his success or failure will depend on his draft picks.

Douglas has made some very good moves (Great pick in Becton, the Adams trade)  but also a lot of his other picks have done nothing so far.  And I'll keep complaining about him not drafting at least two Wrs. (which is biting us right now)

2nd WR drafted is actually Cager who we can all evaluate tomorrow since I assume he will get some passes thrown his way. The Punter Mann has done well. And we will also et a chance to see Perine with more touched tomorrow. This team needs to dial back to basics by running the ball more to give Darnold easier pass completions with play action. Running more will also help the fact that we have a sub par WR core. Heck even if every set of downs is multiple runs that is better than what we are seeing.

3 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

2nd WR drafted is actually Cager who we can all evaluate tomorrow since I assume he will get some passes thrown his way. The Punter Mann has done well. And we will also et a chance to see Perine with more touched tomorrow. This team needs to dial back to basics by running the ball more to give Darnold easier pass completions with play action. Running more will also help the fact that we have a sub par WR core. Heck even if every set of downs is multiple runs that is better than what we are seeing.

Can’t evaluate nobody cause dem wipz brosef

14 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Cager and campbell were both udfa and every team picks up udfa wrs.  Cager is very low on the depth chart seeing as jags like hogan and malone and smith were all ahead of him.

FWIW, the percentage responding inept has been gradually increasing since it started.

I like JD and Gase is doing him no favors, but he does have an Idzikian quality to him.  My guess is that its part of the Johnson dynamic.  It seems like his goal is to execute a plan, not to produce a winner.  That is also what Mac did in a way-don’t draft first round busts, even if it was a low value player that you did not need, or a reasonable risky QB.

Eventually JD will have to produce a winning team, and it will likely be without Gase and Darnold.  This team really needs to get in alignment. 

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Joe Douglas is not Jesus.

Joe Douglas is not the greatest magician to ever live.

...the rest we’ll have to wait and see since the dude just took over the titanic 

Jury still out on Geno to some Jets fans but JD is a bum because his only draft class hasn’t made us contenders in 2 weeks

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Joe Douglas is not Jesus.

Joe Douglas is not the greatest magician to ever live.

...the rest we’ll have to wait and see since the dude just took over the titanic 

Please copy and paste the posts that have Joe Douglas Jesus or the greatest magician to ever live.

Who are those people? 

The people who thought the Jets were going to be good this year are the clueless ones.  They had a bad WR core, an offensive line that never took a snap together prior to week 1. No pass rush from the defensive line or any edge rush to speak of. And they had a bad CB situation as well. And this was before all of the injuries. The only hope for them to be competitive was Darnold taking a huge leap and that's not happening. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

I don’t like you. 

you don’t like me.

we’re cool just not engaging with each other. 

You dont want to be engaged, thats on you. Because you apparently dont like me.

Its a message board, this is how it works.  You could always just put whoever doesnt agree with you on ignore and only see the posts agreeing with you.  

You have JoeWillie disease, but at least hes a Jets fan.  Youre not

Oh and I dont dislike anyone

On 9/25/2020 at 7:45 PM, jgb said:

Agree with top part. Would love to see the source on the second.

It was out there, he offered Robby a 4 year deal, about the same money, Robby turned it down.

I do not have a link, but was out there.  4-40, Robby wanted to play for Rhule.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, chirorob said:

It was out there, he offered Robby a 4 year deal, about the same money, Robby turned it down.

4 for 40, 5 for a billion, 6 for lmnop. Any multiyear offer to Anderson would have been the same as the ones the OL got, meaning whatever the stated length of the deal, it would be effectively one year or two years for roughly the 12 or 20 he got in Carolina. Probably on the lower side, honestly, because the Jets were really averse to committing to multiple years this free agency and/or are cheap.

On 9/25/2020 at 8:41 PM, Philc1 said:

29 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Please someone link to any report that claims we offered Robby a 4 year deal for any money.  I missed that one.

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

Ah ok, I misunderstood the "double the money" part. Most people talk about NFL contracts on a guaranteed-money basis or annual salary.

• Upvote 1