Crap HCs you'd take over Gase:

TNJet

30 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Exactly. He's a crap HC I'd rather have. At least the Jets  were somewhat competitive most weeks with Todd.

I liked when Matt Barkley,  signed 6 days before we played the Bills, beat us. Thats a fond Toilet Bowles memory.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I liked when Matt Barkley,  signed 6 days before we played the Bills, beat us. Thats a fond Toilet Bowles memory.

That was awful but those kind of games happen almost every week with Gase. Games are always over before halftime and it’s not even a surprise. At least with Bowles complete blowouts weren’t as common. 

errybuddy sh*ttin on gase. idgaf about gase. he's mediocre to bad and had success of a hof'er.

that he is holding sam back ...  mmmm....

watch this breakdown (2nd one) and tell me u think sam has ANY ability to read defenses...

i theorize that sam is a poor student at QB. slow processor. is out of his league.

• Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

errybuddy sh*ttin on gase. idgaf about gase. he's mediocre to bad and had success of a hof'er.

that he is holding sam back ...  mmmm....

watch this breakdown (2nd one) and tell me u think sam has ANY ability to read defenses...

i theorize that sam is a poor student at QB. slow processor. is out of his league.

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I know guys who got perfect SAT scores and probably had IQs north of 140 who can’t even hold a job

How you relate to people is a far more important characteristic for a HC than smarts. For example Herm Edwards, Rex Ryan and Jerry Glanville are all without a doubt far less brilliant than Gase, but they can all get a group of men to perform better as a football team than Gase ever could.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

How you relate to people is a far more important characteristic for a HC than smarts. For example Herm Edwards, Rex Ryan and Jerry Glanville are all without a doubt far less brilliant than Gase, but they can all get a group of men to perform better as a football team than Gase ever could.

Rex beat BB in a road playoff game.  Even if people want to say "yeah, with Mangini's players", it's still a heck of an accomplishment.  

• Upvote 1

Say what you want about Bowles, but I don’t think it’s fair to compare him to Gase. Todd was a class act on every level. You would never hear crap about how great his play calls were after a loss. He always stood up there and took full accountability after every loss. 

Bowels sucked, but the only comparison for Gase right now is Kotite. 1996 was the last time things were this bad.