Cant wait for the Jets to embarrass the NFL next Thursday night

Shea Jet

4 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I wonder what absurd embarrassment occurs for the Jets this time....Sam literally sh*ts himself and starts crying? Frank Gore retires at Halftime? CJ Mosely drunk streaks without a mask on, giving the Owners Box the finger??

Tune in to find out!!

thats a phukking Captains Post, men!!!!!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Shea Jet said:

Thursday night is reserved for, shall we say, the lower tier of the League. EVERYONE gets a game on Thursday. So here we go, week 2, Cincinnati at Cleveland. 2 lowly teams but an eminently entertaining back and forth game. Week 3, Miami at Jacksonville,  2 more lowly teams but so far so good, entertaining.  Next Thursday? Denver at Jets? Will set Thursday Night Football back to the dark ages. I bet the NFL WISHES,, it could flex out Thursday night games. Jets a serious joke and League Liability. 

Why wait for next Thu night - just read your own posts.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Thursday night is reserved for, shall we say, the lower tier of the League. EVERYONE gets a game on Thursday. So here we go, week 2, Cincinnati at Cleveland. 2 lowly teams but an eminently entertaining back and forth game. Week 3, Miami at Jacksonville,  2 more lowly teams but so far so good, entertaining.  Next Thursday? Denver at Jets? Will set Thursday Night Football back to the dark ages. I bet the NFL WISHES,, it could flex out Thursday night games. Jets a serious joke and League Liability. 

Not as embarrassing as your posts. You shouldn’t be allowed to start threads.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

Why? People watch it 

And that's the only reason they keep it, they get more eyes on their product on night's when its the only game in town. 

I know the players hate it and rightfully so , it really throws the game preparation routine for a loop. Playing football on 3 days rest is absurd and in my eyes more rife for serious injury than the CTE concerns. 

• Upvote 2

The Jets, with rare exception, make sure to truly embarrass us when they play in the spotlight on the National Stage.

Looking at Weeks 1 & 2, I see nothing as yet that would make me think they will not embarrass us on Thursday Night.

48 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

I cant think of a dumber decision over the past 10 years the NFL has made other than Thursday Night Football.

They seriously need to get rid of it.

I don't mind the game itself, but no NFL team should ever play on 4 days rest.  It waters the game down with teams sitting players who would otherwise suit up on a Sunday. 

The league needs to add a 2nd bye week for each team and ensure that a bye always comes for teams the week before they play on Thursday. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Is it at Mile High? Everyone who attends can just get blasted and pretend to be at an outside bar.

Nope its at MetLife.  Home teams almost always have the edge on Thursday night.  But the Jaguars are so bad they lost to Miami at home last night.  We're worse than Jacksonville and Denver has better overall talent than Miami.  

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nope its at MetLife.  Home teams almost always have the edge on Thursday night.  But the Jaguars are so bad they lost to Miami at home last night.  We're worse than Jacksonville and Denver has better overall talent than Miami.  

So we are 

85AE30EB-E3D7-4EAB-8F07-543388605AD5.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Another embarrassing loss in front of a national audience to bring the team to 0-4 could seal Gase's fate. Even morons like the Johnson's can only take so much egg on their face before they are forced to act.  That and the fact that Gase as HC would hurt them in their wallet, which we all know they care a lot about.  Can't sell this chump to the fanbase in 2021.  Might as well see if their franchise QB responds to someone else now.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Another embarrassing loss in front of a national audience to bring the team to 0-4 could seal Gase's fate. Even morons like the Johnson's can only take so much egg on their face before they are forced to act.  That and the fact that Gase as HC would hurt them in their wallet, which we all know they care a lot about.  Can't sell this chump to the fanbase in 2021.  Might as well see if their franchise QB responds to someone else now.

So why then would they fire a coach and have to pay another year of his salary and then hire another coach and pay him at the same time. 

So why then would they fire a coach and have to pay another year of his salary and then hire another coach and pay him at the same time. 

Because the souring of a fan base is far worse long term to their bottom line. Disgruntled fans don’t buy tickets, merch, concessions at the stadium, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

And that's the only reason they keep it, they get more eyes on their product on night's when its the only game in town. 

I know the players hate it and rightfully so , it really throws the game preparation routine for a loop. Playing football on 3 days rest is absurd and in my eyes more rife for serious injury than the CTE concerns. 

Simple solution. Teams play on Thursday night after a bye week for both teams. Then they have 1-1/2 weeks before and after the Thursday night game. Would need a second bye week for each team, but that's easily do-able.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, viffer said:

Simple solution. Teams play on Thursday night after a bye week for both teams. Then they have 1-1/2 weeks before and after the Thursday night game. Would need a second bye week for each team, but that's easily do-able.

So that's begs the question why haven't they then ? My guess is its a CBA stance where the players don't want to extend the season any more w/o further compensation. If they eliminate the PS games forever or cut them back to 2 ,your suggestion may fall into place. 

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

So that's begs the question why haven't they then ? My guess is its a CBA stance where the players don't want to extend the season any more w/o further compensation. If they eliminate the PS games forever or cut them back to 2 ,your suggestion may fall into place. 

Probably the CBA. I'm surprised they didn't address that in the new CBA. I know some people have been pushing for 2 bye weeks for a while, especially when the league wants to expand international play. Going from the west coast to the east coast on a week schedule is bad enough; going from the west coast to Europe has got to be a killer.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, viffer said:

Probably the CBA. I'm surprised they didn't address that in the new CBA. I know some people have been pushing for 2 bye weeks for a while, especially when the league wants to expand international play. Going from the west coast to the east coast on a week schedule is bad enough; going from the west coast to Europe has got to be a killer.

Yeah if they ever expand into Europe it will create a whole new scheduling nightmare for 31 teams , as we all know Kraft and the Pats will get preferential scheduling. 

12 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yeah if they ever expand into Europe it will create a whole new scheduling nightmare for 31 teams , as we all know Kraft and the Pats will get preferential scheduling. 

And this despite the fact they will have possibly the shortest flights depart from Logan to London and Europe. 

I think two bye weeks is coming which would also help push the Super Bowl to the Sunday before Presidents’ Day, which there has been a growing groundswell for too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, viffer said:

I think the NFL's inability to get an extra game or 2 tacked onto the regular season (at least not yet) is what is preventing the 2nd bye from happening.

Once that extra game or 2 is added to the schedule and the finances are worked out, I'm sure the 2nd bye will happen then.  Hopefully they're smart enough to use them for the week prior to the Thursday night games.

14 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Why? People watch it 

People will watch anything. That doesn’t mean it’s a good product. It lessens the nfl as a whole and is downright insane from a player safety perspective.

Keep Sunday night and Monday night. Every other game is played at 12, 3, and 6 spread out on multiple networks where you have the choice to watch whatever you want ala college football.