What other QBs are/were like Fitzpatrick?

TuscanyTile2

18 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Ryan: 159G, 142ST, 33,565yds, 60.5% comp pct., 214TD, 164int. 84.8 QBR, started for 8 different teams

Earl: 255G. 102ST. 20,809yds, 51.3% comp pct, 161TD. 148int, 74.5 QBR, started for 6 different teams

Of course a bit apples and oranges due to different eras but the question is "What QB's were/are like Fitz" and Morrall came to mind. Both are guys that journeyed to many teams amid surprise they were still around, performed reasonably well at times, never stuck too long with one club and seemingly ageless, however never thought of as elite, The one argument for Earl could be that he was an all pro and MVP in '68, but with the supporting cast that he had, (fill in name of average QB) could have won that year with that team.  

What HOFer has THIS line?

G/GS 168/158   27,989yds 51.9% comp 212/210 TD/INT 70.9 ratinhg?

On 9/25/2020 at 12:20 AM, Greenbloodblitz said:

Jake Plummer / Sam Bradford?

I happen to really like Fitzpatrick. I enjoyed his time here especially the first year was a lot of fun. Obviously he never got us over, but I actually think he has a similar style to Sam.

He if anybody is the guy that we need backing up Sam, not Flacco!

Yeah yeah I know every few games he lays an egg and throws four or five interceptions, but you got to admit the guy is a total gamer! The rest of the time he's just running down the field diving head-first and throwing touchdowns!

I appreciated his time here he was a hell of a lot of fun to watch. I'd welcome him back with his goofy beard and big forehead anytime!

Good points about fitzy.  That 2015 season was fun to watch. It’s too bad Mac misplayed getting him camp earlier and then decker and Marshall being injured. The downside with fitzy is I never thought he was much more than a mercenary.

29 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Good points about fitzy.  That 2015 season was fun to watch. It’s too bad Mac misplayed getting him camp earlier and then decker and Marshall being injured. The downside with fitzy is I never thought he was much more than a mercenary.

I've said it a few times that 2015 was one of the most enjoyable years for me as a Jets fan. Fitzmagic is just gung-ho and I really enjoy his playing style. Not saying he's good or great just saying that I think he has a good balance between being a professional and actually enjoying playing the game?

That particular year was very tough because my mother was going to chemo and fighting cancer and she eventually lost we all know how that goes. But she would watch the games with me and the post-game stuff with the photobombs Etc.

Guys like Fitzpatrick and Mangold Decker Marshall they were a lot of fun man you can tell they were actually real friends. They were easy to root for. Kind of like the Beatles they almost made you feel like you were in on the joke and you knew them? Anyway that's a memorable season for me. And I will also State once again that instead of Josh McCown being a backup or becoming a coach I think Fitzpatrick would be outstanding with Sam Darnold.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I've said it a few times that 2015 was one of the most enjoyable years for me as a Jets fan. Fitzmagic is just gung-ho and I really enjoy his playing style. Not saying he's good or great just saying that I think he has a good balance between being a professional and actually enjoying playing the game?

That particular year was very tough because my mother was going to chemo and fighting cancer and she eventually lost we all know how that goes. But she would watch the games with me and the post-game stuff with the photobombs Etc.

Guys like Fitzpatrick and Mangold Decker Marshall they were a lot of fun man you can tell they were actually real friends. They were easy to root for. Kind of like the Beatles they almost made you feel like you were in on the joke and you knew them? Anyway that's a memorable season for me. And I will also State once again that instead of Josh McCown being a backup or becoming a coach I think Fitzpatrick would be outstanding with Sam Darnold.

Beating the Pats (just prior to the devastating loss to Rex's Bills) was probably the highlight of the past 5 years for Jet fans (in terms of games).

10 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Had to look it up but it was Bradshaw.

Point? (sorry I am missing it)

Its about comparing eras...  the comp % back then was pretty abysmal by modern standards.

No slam on Bradshaw or Morrall or those earlier QBs, except Griese, that no talent teal/orange and white mfer.

25 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Its about comparing eras...  the comp % back then was pretty abysmal by modern standards.

No slam on Bradshaw or Morrall or those earlier QBs, except Griese, that no talent teal/orange and white mfer.

got it

i.e. another HOF QB who wore #12

funny thing is that I asked my 91 yr old Dad, who is still (too) sharp the same question about Fitzpatrick and he thought for a second and said, "Do you remember Earl Morrall?"  Maybe I should have him sign up here :)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

got it

i.e. another HOF QB who wore #12

funny thing is that I asked my 91 yr old Dad, who is still (too) sharp the same question about Fitzpatrick and he thought for a second and said, "Do you remember Earl Morrall?"  Maybe I should have him sign up here :)

sharp as a tack! god for the both of youse!

High Five Quicken Loans GIF by Rocket Mortgage

• Upvote 1