Sign in to follow this  
Jet hustle

ryan fitzpatrick > sam darnold

14 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Someone should slap your parents for giving birth to you

Agreed just tell me where he lives.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

You're probably not wrong, he's one of the worst starters in the league right now.

• Upvote 3

I’d like to see Fitzmagic have to play under Gase with our receivers, Well actually not..

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

This post proves that internet is available in mental facilities. Why the hell can’t it be put into the schools where it’s really needed?😁

• Haha 1

No. He’s not. If “Fitzmagic” was in this offense, he’d be forcing throws and have 5 interceptions per game. We’ve seen that already. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

No. He’s not. If “Fitzmagic” was in this offense, he’d be forcing throws and have 5 interceptions per game. We’ve seen that already. 

like he did last year subbing for Rosen? 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I’d like to see Fitzmagic have to play under Gase with our receivers, Well actually not..

We saw that movie in 2016. Doesn’t end well.

8 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

lookat Fitz year by yearQBR...  

3 years sub 50.... 

5 years 50-60

4 years 60-70

sam is at 3 years sub 50 in his 1st three

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FitzRy00.htm

Sam hasn't played two full seasons.  Anyone who counts this 2 game season as a "year" is playing with themselves.

You need to stop, youre going blind

• Upvote 2

I like that the boogie boarder insult is catching on....

• Haha 2

The notion of Fitz over Darnold is silly but I will say this - Fitz plays with incredible passion on the field and that really resonates with the fans.  Darnold may very well have the same level of passion, but his general demeanor doesn't always match.  Not a criticism of Darnold, just an observation.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

The notion of Fitz over Darnold is silly but I will say this - Fitz plays with incredible passion on the field and that really resonates with the fans.  Darnold may very well have the same level of passion, but his general demeanor doesn't always match.  Not a criticism of Darnold, just an observation.

I love that Sam has an even-keeled demeanor.  I think it's good for a NY player (and it reminds me of Eli). 

• Upvote 1

Fitz is hot and cold. That’s why he’s played for 47 teams 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

So streaky, Fitz resurrects himself every two or three years...Lazarus with a football.

Fitz is 15 years into a career, he has a brilliant mind, with average athletic tools.

Darnold is early in year three, average football mind, has some talent...it may take him another three or four years and more than one football team to figure this out.

They are both a bit streaky, they both play on crap football teams one with a slightly worse roster.

One has a better coach and a better offensive coordinator.

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

lookat Fitz year by yearQBR...  

3 years sub 50.... 

5 years 50-60

4 years 60-70

sam is at 3 years sub 50 in his 1st three

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FitzRy00.htm

You seem to be obsessed with comparing Fitzpatrick to Darnold for some reason - woudn't it make more sense to compare 23 year old Fitz to 23 year old Darnold? 

OR, perhaps, how about comparing 3rd year Fitz to 3rd year Darnold? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

We saw that movie in 2016. Doesn’t end well.

We also saw it in 2015, the only truly "fun" year Jets Fans have had in over a decade.

Fitz is a Journeyman JAG, no doubt.  A likeable one IMO, but still.

But it says ALOT that that Journeyman JAG put up one of the best productive QB season in Jets history, with two WR's that were almost immediately dumped out of the NFL as done within the next two seasons.  And like Darnold in 2019 and now in 2020, injuries and bad management decisions crushed the offense in 2016 as well.

No, screw the usual haters here, I'll always like Fitz (like, not want back now) for the truly fun times he and Mangold and Decker and Co. provided in 2015, despite it's eventual disappointing ending.  A glimmer of fun in a sea of typical Jets diarrhea this past decade of dour, pathetic futility.

giphy.gif

or this...

Adam%2BGase%2Bsmelling%2Bsalts.gif&key=4

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

the boogey boarding ginger has nothing on fitzmagic

Pathetic 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

We also saw it in 2015, the only truly "fun" year Jets Fans have had in over a decade.

Fitz is a Journeyman JAG, no doubt.  A likeable one IMO, but still.

But it says ALOT that that Journeyman JAG put up one of the best productive QB season in Jets history, with two WR's that were almost immediately dumped out of the NFL as done within the next two seasons.  And like Darnold in 2019 and now in 2020, injuries and bad management decisions crushed the offense in 2016 as well.

No, screw the usual haters here, I'll always like Fitz (like, not want back now) for the truly fun times he and Mangold and Decker and Co. provided in 2015, despite it's eventual disappointing ending.  A glimmer of fun in a sea of typical Jets diarrhea this past decade of dour, pathetic futility.

giphy.gif

or this...

Adam%2BGase%2Bsmelling%2Bsalts.gif&key=4

The receivers were both key. Marshall and Decker were both really good in their own right and it was hard for defenses to key on either. Then throw in Enunwa and they had a good receiver corps.  The jets don’t have that right now. Too many are injured and the remaining ones should just run block.

Fitz is objectively better than Sam Darnold by every measurement 

it's the truth

anyway you look at it, except for age. 

that statement gets down thumbed a dozen times because Jets fans are so in love with Sam's potential

it's not that Fitz is so great. It's that sam is atrocious

it's year 3 and he still hasn't figured out to set his feet when he throws a football 

we can blame gase or the Wr or santa claus but at some point we as a fanbase have to admit Sam Darnold is just not good at his job of being an NFL QB

we are rapidly approaching the 'Brett Ratliff' line of demarcation, the point where literally anyone (Mike White? James Morgan? Flacco?) would be better running this offense 

11 minutes ago, rangerous said:

The receivers were both key. Marshall and Decker were both really good in their own right and it was hard for defenses to key on either. Then throw in Enunwa and they had a good receiver corps.  The jets don’t have that right now. Too many are injured and the remaining ones should just run block.

I don't disagree.  It was a team effort, the O-line was vital as well (Mangold, et. al.)  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I agree. Sam's recession has little to do with ability and all to do with bad coaching. No coaching is better than bad coaching. 

• Upvote 1

Ryan Fitzpatrick had a top 5 QB season in Jets history, post-Namath.

That's a sad statement.  But a true one nonetheless.

https://www.nfl.com/news/ryan-fitzpatrick-after-win-i-feel-like-the-luckiest-guy-in-the-world

Ryan Fitzpatrick having fun in Dolphins' win: 'I feel like the luckiest guy in the world'

Published: Sep 25, 2020 at 07:57 AM

Headshot_Author_Kevin-Patra_2020

Kevin Patra

Around the NFL Writer

Ryan Fitzpatrick continues to stave off both Father Time and Tua Time.

The 37-year-old Harvard grad still has game left in his aging bones and showed it Thursday night with a blistering performance as the Miami Dolphins jolted the Jacksonville Jaguars, 31-13.

The man affectionately known as FitzMagic did it all for Miami, completing 18-of-20 passes with 2 TDs and no INTs, rushing for 38 yards on seven carries and another score and even catching his own pass off a batted ball.

More than anything, Fitzpatrick had fun. And it showed.

"I mean it's why I still play. I enjoy playing, especially when you're having success, when you're driving the ball down the field scoring touchdowns," he said after the tilt, via the team's official transcript. "I feel like the luckiest guy in the world sometimes getting to go outside and play football with my friends. I think you can see it in everyone. Mike [Gesicki]'s in the room right now, but every time Mike scores a touchdown or makes a catch, the look on his face is like he's never caught a ball before. It's fun for us to go out there and run around a little bit."

The superlatives for Fitzpatrick were nearly as long as his luscious beard.

His 90 percent completion rate set a new career-high (min. 10 attempts). For a franchise that boasts Dan Marino as an alum, that completion percentage is tops by a Dolphins QB in franchise history (min. 20 att.). Fitzpatrick's passer rating of 133.3 was his best since moving to Miami.

FitzMagic generated his third game of 25-plus rush yards and 1-plus rush TD since his 35th birthday, the fifth-most such games by a player in the Super Bowl era. The only players with more: HOF Marcus Allen, HOF John Riggins, HOF Emmitt Smith, HOF Steve Young. (So this means Fitzpatrick is definitely going in the Hall of Fame, right?)

Fitzpatrick joined HOF'er Walter Payton in 1983 as the only players since 1948 to have 2-plus passing TDs, 1-plus rush TD, 25-plus rush yards and a reception in a game.

He became the fourth player in the Super Bowl era with a pass TD, rush TD and reception in the same game at age 35 or older.

With the 31-13 win, the Dolphins broke a streak of 38 straight games without a double-digit victory.

And then there was this:

EiuzQXsU0AE7lct?format=jpg&name=900x900

"Now, being in Florida for going on four years and being the elder statesman on the team, I've adopted more of the senior citizen look in terms of some of the touristy shirts and my waistband is sitting a little higher than it used to," he explained of the look. "But I do like the color, I like the flair, and I would say the chest hair is probably 50-50 on whether people like it or not. They have very strong feelings about it, but the right people in my life like the chest hair, so it's okay to have it out."

Only Fitz.

"Fitz is out of his mind," tight end Mike Gesicki said. "To have him as our leader and to see the fun that he has, it's so fun."

Sooner or later, Tua Tagovailoa will take over the starting gig. But not yet. Thursday showed there is still good football left in the wild arm of FitzMagic. If he desires to play beyond this season, the unique gunslinger will have an NFL job somewhere. And the game will be better for it.

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick had a top 5 QB season in Jets history, post-Namath.

That's a sad statement.  But a true one nonetheless.

celebes crested macaque monkey GIF by Head Like an Orange

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I love that Sam has an even-keeled demeanor.  I think it's good for a NY player (and it reminds me of Eli). 

I'd be fine with him having a Jay Cutler personality if he produced.

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

You seem to be obsessed with comparing Fitzpatrick to Darnold for some reason - woudn't it make more sense to compare 23 year old Fitz to 23 year old Darnold? 

OR, perhaps, how about comparing 3rd year Fitz to 3rd year Darnold? 

JN seems obssessed with insisting thatDarnold is a budding star , wheni n the real world he isn;lt as good as a quirky journeyman QB who is reviled here...   although he's thrown for more TDs in a seasont han any other Jet QB.

Where the phukk does this insane asylum set the phukking bar...????   yall make fun ofthis guy drafted in the 7th rnd, and we gotta guy who we spent 4 draft picks on whose only attribute, REALLY, was having 4 draft picks spent on him.

He's a below avg QB. Fitz is, by all metrics, an above avg QB.

The MYTH is that he SUCKS as often as he is decent, when the exact opposite is true.

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

JN seems obssessed with insisting thatDarnold is a budding star ,

Eh, I disagree with this premise. There are certainly some who seem to think this, but I think what most are saying is "boy, it would be nice to surround this guy with an actual NFL-caliber offense and see if we can win with him"

It's April 2021 and you are Trevor Lawrence. Question: Are you excited about playing for an organization that surrounded its last 1st round QB with what we surrounded Darnold with? 

8 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

The MYTH is that he SUCKS as often as he is decent, when the exact opposite is true.

I have no idea what this means. What is the exact opposite of "he sucks as often as he is decent?" Is it that he is "decent as often as he sucks?" Or are you saying that he is decent way more than he sucks? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, I disagree with this premise. There are certainly some who seem to think this, but I think what most are saying is "boy, it would be nice to surround this guy with an actual NFL-caliber offense and see if we can win with him"

It's April 2021 and you are Trevor Lawrence. Question: Are you excited about playing for an organization that surrounded its last 1st round QB with what we surrounded Darnold with? 

I have no idea what this means. What is the exact opposite of "he sucks as often as he is decent?" Is it that he is "decent as often as he sucks?" Or are you saying that he is decent way more than he sucks? 

Come now. MYTH he sucks as often than he is decent

TRUTH: He is decent or above avergae more often than he sucks. 

fwiw...  i tweeted at a guy who writes for CBS sprts and whose young QB report card series I refrred JN to last year...he compared Rosen,Baker, Sam and Allen each week.

8RPx4qgn_bigger.jpg

Level 2:
Was following your work all last year on the class of 2018 QBs and the grades you assigned. TBH, I didn't think a whole lot of Baker or Sam or Allen or Rosen. Thought Jets sticking #6 and drafting LJ was a legit option. FOr me, Sam has been a bust thus far. Thoughts?

pOPfg_-d_bigger.jpg

Replying to
Agreed

Fitz is not a good QB and saddled with this offense and Gase he would be worse than Sam.

With that said, Sam has substantially regressed.  I really do feel bad for him.