ryan fitzpatrick > sam darnold

Jet hustle

15 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Come now. MYTH he sucks as often than he is decent

TRUTH: He is decent or above avergae more often than he sucks. 

Ok, clearer. The "exact opposite" terminology was odd to me. 

17 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Level 2:
Was following your work all last year on the class of 2018 QBs and the grades you assigned. TBH, I didn't think a whole lot of Baker or Sam or Allen or Rosen. Thought Jets sticking #6 and drafting LJ was a legit option. FOr me, Sam has been a bust thus far. Thoughts?

pOPfg_-d_bigger.jpg

Replying to
Agreed

OK

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Fitz is objectively better than Sam Darnold by every measurement 

it's the truth

anyway you look at it, except for age. 

that statement gets down thumbed a dozen times because Jets fans are so in love with Sam's potential

it's not that Fitz is so great. It's that sam is atrocious

it's year 3 and he still hasn't figured out to set his feet when he throws a football 

we can blame gase or the Wr or santa claus but at some point we as a fanbase have to admit Sam Darnold is just not good at his job of being an NFL QB

we are rapidly approaching the 'Brett Ratliff' line of demarcation, the point where literally anyone (Mike White? James Morgan? Flacco?) would be better running this offense 

As long as arm strength, ability, talent etc arent part of the evaluation process.

Wow, a million year veteran is playing better than a 23 year old with less than 2 years exp.

Fitz is better than Burrow.  Hes better than every kid QB without experience that a he has.  No one would trade their kid for Fitz.  

Tell is, which team would trade Darnold for Fitz?

I do appreciate the mindless comment that anyone could run this offense as constituted.  When you claim that White or Morgan would be better at running the offense it is pretty funny

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Tell is, which team would trade Darnold for Fitz?

Jets fans are overrating what Sam Darnold is worth on the trade market

whatever his potential was coming out of USC, that's ancient history

Darnold hasn't had a good game in what seems like forever

14s got the yips and would be a reclamation project for whatever team that takes a chance on him 

yes 32 out of 32 NFL coaches with 1 game to win for all the marbles would take Fitz over Darnold. 

they should have traded him in April and built the offense around Morgan or whoever. Build some kind of spread. 

Gase optional. 

33 minutes ago, bitonti said:

14s got the yips and would be a reclamation project for whatever team that takes a chance on him 

yes 32 out of 32 NFL coaches with 1 game to win for all the marbles would take Fitz over Darnold. 

they should have traded him in April and built the offense around Morgan or whoever. Build some kind of spread. 

Gase optional. 

What do you mean build the O around Morgan? Would there be different skill players than we have now?

34 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Gase optional. 

No one other that a moron would trade Darnold for Fitz.  No one.  And to say thats because Jets fans overrate his worth on the trade market, well after all the Jamal haters swore up and down that his fans overrated his trade value, that the Jets would be LUCKY to get a low round first for him, well you get what I'm thinking.

1 game to win isnt the value of signing a developmental player, another pointless comment to try and make a failed point

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

At least there's a good version of Fitz that looks like a competent NFL QB.  We've rarely seen good QB play from any QB since Fitzpatrick's '15 season.

He's balling out this year. I think he's really just going out there and enjoying himself which is when he's at his best. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Fitz sucks and folds under pressure. He does well on garbage teams with 0 pressure to do anything but lose. Because that's what he is. A loser.

The moment he has any expectations he is one of the worst QBs I've ever seen.

For all the talk of how smart he is, he plays like a moron.

Fitz always has games like this.  He pulls a W and a good statistical performance out of his @ss facing mediocre defenses, the media goes crazy over him because they love the guy, and then he sh ts himself a couple weeks later

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, I disagree with this premise. There are certainly some who seem to think this, but I think what most are saying is "boy, it would be nice to surround this guy with an actual NFL-caliber offense and see if we can win with him"

It's April 2021 and you are Trevor Lawrence. Question: Are you excited about playing for an organization that surrounded its last 1st round QB with what we surrounded Darnold with? 

I have no idea what this means. What is the exact opposite of "he sucks as often as he is decent?" Is it that he is "decent as often as he sucks?" Or are you saying that he is decent way more than he sucks? 

I believe when Losmeister is saying:

"He's a below avg QB. Fitz is, by all metrics, an above avg QB.

The MYTH is that he SUCKS as often as he is decent, when the exact opposite is true."

Losmeister actually means the following:

"Darnold a below avg QB. Fitz is, by all metrics, an above avg QB.

The MYTH is that Fitz SUCKS as often as he is decent, when the exact opposite is true."

That's the only logical thing that makes sense.  It's true that Fitzpatrick is a fan favorite and everyone understands why.  However, he's played in the NFL for about 15 years and hasn't made the playoffs once.  If results are the only thing that matter (irrespective of the surrounding team) how do you reconcile that?  

20 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Fitz always has games like this.  He pulls a W and a good statistical performance out of his @ss facing mediocre defenses, the media goes crazy over him because they love the guy, and then he sh ts himself a couple weeks later

It's because he is a one a read gunslinger. He can feast against bad defenses if that first read is open.

He is easily shut down by good teams.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

That's the only logical thing that makes sense.  It's true that Fitzpatrick is a fan favorite and everyone understands why.  However, he's played in the NFL for about 15 years and hasn't made the playoffs once.  If results are the only thing that matter (irrespective of the surrounding team) how do you reconcile that?  

His metrics says he PLAYS above average, in relation to all QBs who play in the same year he plays.

HIS PLAY. His play, on avg, is above avg. He's in teh twilite zone of being a backup and legit starter.

If Sam played at that level and we STILL lost, you could point to Sam and say, as so many do, he's the least of our problems. 

But Sam has played below average.

If he was better, I would say he is doing his part, he's notthe problem.

But he IS PART OFTHE PROBLEM. and we spent a sh*tton b/c he ws sposed to be ELITE.

A PLAYER WHO TRANSFORMS HIS TEAM.

No one says that Stafford is a BELOW avg QB. He's made the WC playoffs 3x and lost. 

An above avg QB on a poor team doens't make a whole lotta hay.

48 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

He's balling out this year. I think he's really just going out there and enjoying himself which is when he's at his best. 

Not that , it's the Fitz cycle. When he's not the unquestioned starter(Tua) he lights it up, once he's made the fulltime starter he blows chunks. Its been alternating good/bad Fitz throughout his career.

I mean seriously? He played for the Jets and was pretty bad. Have people forgotten the 6 interception game? Or him throwing the entire team under the bus when his play was challenged? I mean there is a fricking famous chart on the exact cycle his career follows over and over and over and over.