Jet X Factor: Why Arthur Smith is the perfect head coach candidate for the New York Jets in 2021

9 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

If you go this route you use the high first on another T, low first on a WR/TE, 2nd rounder on G, 3rd on a bruising RB.

Sign the best G you can find in FA and best WR/TE you can find i FA (pay whatever it takes we have the money)

And you have a team...

Do whatever you want with the defense after that.

Haven’t you heard from the vultures on here / we are drafting Trevor. 

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase is 6-4 in his last 10 games in New York.  Genius?  With this roster and being this injured?   Maybe he is. 

SAR I

SAR 1 Excluding the years he had with Peyton Manning his offenses have generally ranked in the bottom half of the NFL so can you please explain your rational as Adam Gase being an offensive genius 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase is 6-4 in his last 10 games in New York.  Genius?  With this roster and being this injured?   Maybe he is. 

SAR I

I’m all for a little trolling now and again - if that’s your thing.  And it seems to be.

But I gotta be honest, it’s just starting to look silly now.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, CSNY said:

SAR 1 Excluding the years he had with Peyton Manning his offenses have generally ranked in the bottom half of the NFL so can you please explain your rational as Adam Gase being an offensive genius 

I never said he was an offensive genius.  I said I really don't care if he's an OC anymore because he's proven to me that he's a very good HC and that's more important.

What I also said is that a) after the 6-2 finish he showed me that he is a good leader and improviser, b) he's a hard-ass who doesn't take crap from anyone, c) he rightfully got Maccagnan fired which led to getting Douglas, d) he hired Williams who is a great DC, and e) he survived the worst unfair onslaught of media hate in NY history with his coaches and players supporting him.

Gase doesn't deserve to get fired, and the jury is still out on his offensive abilities because of the unprecedented injuries we've faced the last two years. That's all I'm saying.  Not rocket science.  It's dumb Eeyore Mets fans who whine about everything that are making too much noise for their tiny minority.

SAR I

3 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Like Tannehill?  Its too bad we couldn’t see what Gase and he could do together. 

Tannehill is a mediocre quarterback.  Gase got that bum to take the awful Dolphins to the playoffs.  That's a fantastic accomplishment right there, it would be as if Bowles got Geno to the playoffs.

SAR I

• WTF? 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I’m all for a little trolling now and again - if that’s your thing.  And it seems to be.

But I gotta be honest, it’s just starting to look silly now.

When a team fans predict to go 5-11 goes 5-11, that's meeting expectations.  I'm sure none of you in your brilliant prognostications had the Jets beating the Bills on the road and the NFC champion 49ers.  Yet here we are, a lynch mob, because we lost two games you said we were going to lose.

You're the ones trolling yourselves.  "We suck, we have the worst roster in the league, no weapons, no OL, Maccagnan killed us!" out of the left side of your mouths, "Gase isn't making us a playoff team, our offense is weak!" out of the right side of your mouths. 

It's time for the hypocrisy to stop.

SAR I

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

SAR 1 I saw the reply but still Can’t see how you can even think Gase maybe be an offensive genius. To me offensive geniuses are in the mold of Sean Payton Andy Reid Sid Gilman Bill Walsh etc etc which Gase doesn’t come close to  I truly don’t think he is a good coach but he as with Sam should be given a chance until some injured players get back and they both can be fairly evaluated. He has to get the squad with the players he has available to be at the  least ready to play and at the very least be competitive. I also believe he should not have said that he wouldn’t change any of his play calls as he felt they are perfect which to me is laying blame on others not himself which I don’t think displays leadership at all as he is the head coach and should take full responsibility for the product on the field and not use the injury excuse as every team has them such as the Niners last week. I’d like nothing more than Gase and Sam to succeed but I don’t think either one is up to the task ( Gase more so than Darnold ) 

58 minutes ago, CSNY said:

SAR 1 I saw the reply but still Can’t see how you can even think Gase maybe be an offensive genius.

Forget the offensive genius stuff.  That’s a media creation.  

Gase has the potential to be a great head coach.  That’s what you should be excited about.  1-7 into 6-2, no players backstabbing, all coordinators and position coaches returning.  The whole team is loyal to him and focused on winning his way.

Offensive coordinators are easy to find.  Head coaches?  Impossible.  Gase is an animal. Cleaned house. Punted Maccagnan.  Hired Joe Douglas.  Got Manish fired.  Handles the media brilliantly. The guy is a beast.  Let him go hire an offensive coordinator and we’re all set. 

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

When a team fans predict to go 5-11 goes 5-11, that's meeting expectations.  I'm sure none of you in your brilliant prognostications had the Jets beating the Bills on the road and the NFC champion 49ers.  Yet here we are, a lynch mob, because we lost two games you said we were going to lose.

You're the ones trolling yourselves.  "We suck, we have the worst roster in the league, no weapons, no OL, Maccagnan killed us!" out of the left side of your mouths, "Gase isn't making us a playoff team, our offense is weak!" out of the right side of your mouths. 

It's time for the hypocrisy to stop.

SAR I

Here's where I'll agree with you.

I've been one of the biggest detractors of Gase on this site.  Hated it at first and still believe it to be a terrible choice (for many reasons)

But yes, this roster is disgusting and no coach could win with it...I've gone as far as to say if Gase goes .500 it would be a "masterful" job and he should be extended.  I stand by that.

It's when you have a bottom 5 roster and bottom 3 coach - that's when you get what we have...not just a team that won't win, but a team that's not even competitive.  QB is regressing, team's already quit...those are on the coach.

• Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Here's where I'll agree with you.

I've been one of the biggest detractors of Gase on this site.  Hated it at first and still believe it to be a terrible choice (for many reasons)

But yes, this roster is disgusting and no coach could win with it...I've gone as far as to say if Gase goes .500 it would be a "masterful" job and he should be extended.  I stand by that.

It's when you have a bottom 5 roster and bottom 3 coach - that's when you get what we have...not just a team that won't win, but a team that's not even competitive.  QB is regressing, team's already quit...those are on the coach.

Good post, and I'm in the same camp with one asterisk:

Before we judge on team-competitiveness and Darnold-regressing, let's see what the O looks like when we have Crowder, Perriman, Mims, Herndon, and Bell on the field at the same time.  For 2-3 games.  I think that's a fair ask.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Amazing how all these coordinators are called "genius" when they have great quarterbacks and running backs.  It's almost, I don't know, coincidental.

SAR I

Two of the coordinators mentioned in this thread (and the main one that the thread is about) are Arthur Smith and Brian Daboll.

Are you calling Tannehill, and acknowledging Josh Allen as a "great quarterback?"

I think I might tear up a little bit...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Good post, and I'm in the same camp with one asterisk:

Before we judge on team-competitiveness and Darnold-regressing, let's see what the O looks like when we have Crowder, Perriman, Mims, Herndon, and Bell on the field at the same time.  For 2-3 games.  I think that's a fair ask.

SAR I

Fair enough.

What I've seen from Sam in the first two weeks is regression but you're correct, two weeks - under these circumstances - is unfair.

They've been entirely uncompetitive - pretty much out of the game after the first quarter. 

The other teams had injuries too, but I will agree two weeks - with this revamped roster - and the whole Covid thing makes it tough for a new roster to gel.   Both the Bills and Niners were bringing back a lot of their roster - so who knows..

• Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, jacarter220 said:

Are you calling Tannehill, and acknowledging Josh Allen as a "great quarterback?"

ACLMCL.jpg

RG4 is not a great quarterback.  He's a running back with bad technique and a high risk attitude.

ACL
MCL
PCL
LCL

Which one will ruin Buffalo's season?  Not sure, but it's inevitable.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

23 minutes ago, jacarter220 said:

Two of the coordinators mentioned in this thread (and the main one that the thread is about) are Arthur Smith and Brian Daboll.

It sucks to have a troll that’s not even good or thorough in their trolling

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

ACLMCL.jpg

RG4 is not a great quarterback.  He's a running back with bad technique and a high risk attitude.

ACL
MCL
PCL
LCL

Which one will ruin Buffalo's season?  Not sure, but it's inevitable.

SAR I

If it happened tomorrow, with 2 wins, he would still have more than the jets will all year.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, NamathToCaster said:

I'm sorry.  No more college coordinators or up and coming candidates.  I want a seasoned NFL coach.  We had the chance with McCarthy and we blew it.  Could he have done any worse than Gase? Get me Jeff Fisher.  Laugh if you want, but he could not be any worse than Gase.

Well nobody could be worse than Gase. But I have a hard time believing Jeff Fisher will get Jets anywhere past mediocrity. Granted, that's better than where they're at now, but still. Not exactly setting the bar high.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

SAR is easily the worst poster on this message board and possibly the worst non-intentional troll poster of all time on any board. Please stop quoting him so I don't have to see his mindless drivel.

gasehate.jpg

Did you give your dad his Tebow jersey back?

SAR I