Jet X Factor: Why Arthur Smith is the perfect head coach candidate for the New York Jets in 2021

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Forget the offensive genius stuff.  That’s a media creation.  

SAR I

SAR 1  It is not a media creation but a direct quote from you of him being maybe an offensive genius to now being a animal of a head coach with one of his greatest achievements is having Manish Mehta a newspaper reporter fired. That to me does not make a animal of a head coach. To be fair he had a huge role in getting macCagnan fired which is a really good thing but if Manish being fired is what you are hanging your hat on as his  one of his accomplishments and the regression of Sam Darnold  is taking a back seat then in my opinion the standards you set as an animal of a head coach are far too low. I could care less about what a reporter says want to see improvement in the team and especially the QB which is the main reason Gase  was hired as of now to me during his reign has. Been an abject failure. Please don’t say injuries as I am talking about simple things such as throwing ball away as you are under pressure running towards sideline and don’t throw over late over the middle off your back foot 

9 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Please don’t say injuries as I am talking about simple things such as throwing ball away as you are under pressure running towards sideline and don’t throw over late over the middle off your back foot 

Ah, I see, so Sam Darnold made it from Madden 2002 to Pee Wee to Pop Warner to Mission Viejo Middle school to San Clemente High School to USC as a quarterback and hired Jordan Palmer as his personal quarterback coach and never learned about throwing the ball away or throwing over the middle?  Wow.  You're right, he really needs Adam Gase for these pearls of wisdom.

SAR I

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ah, I see, so Sam Darnold made it from Madden 2002 to Pee Wee to Pop Warner to Mission Viejo Middle school to San Clemente High School to USC as a quarterback and hired Jordan Palmer as his personal quarterback coach and never learned about throwing the ball away or throwing over the middle?  Wow.  You're right, he really needs Adam Gase for these pearls of wisdom.

SAR I

If it has to be reinforced at this level that is the exactly the Job description  of the head coach of a professional football team ( especially one that has the the moniker of maybe being a genius offensive football ) to correct any flaws that he had coming out of college to make him achieve his potential if being a franchise QB   Simply put is they gave to  “ Coach em Up “

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, SAR I said:

I never said he was an offensive genius.  I said I really don't care if he's an OC anymore because he's proven to me that he's a very good HC and that's more important.

What I also said is that a) after the 6-2 finish he showed me that he is a good leader and improviser, b) he's a hard-ass who doesn't take crap from anyone, c) he rightfully got Maccagnan fired which led to getting Douglas, d) he hired Williams who is a great DC, and e) he survived the worst unfair onslaught of media hate in NY history with his coaches and players supporting him.

Gase doesn't deserve to get fired, and the jury is still out on his offensive abilities because of the unprecedented injuries we've faced the last two years. That's all I'm saying.  Not rocket science.  It's dumb Eeyore Mets fans who whine about everything that are making too much noise for their tiny minority.

SAR I

If he's not the OC and a good HC, then as a good HC he should see that this offence is horrible and fire immediately Loggains, and anyone else associated with this mess. Problem is, it's his offence, and he's the one calling the plays. So the only way if I'm JD or CJ that I allow this to continue is to force him to stop calling plays, and be the HC. Find someone out there that has some innovation calling plays and hire that dude.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

If he's not the OC and a good HC, then as a good HC he should see that this offence is horrible and fire immediately Loggains, and anyone else associated with this mess. Problem is, it's his offence, and he's the one calling the plays. So the only way if I'm JD or CJ that I allow this to continue is to force him to stop calling plays, and be the HC. Find someone out there that has some innovation calling plays and hire that dude.

As it stands now, we know what the Jets problem on Offense is-  a paper-thin roster (Maccagnan, Douglas), and a pile of injuries (God, Leprechaun) neither of which is the fault of the coaching staff.

So there's no need to fire anyone because it won't accomplish anything.  In Week 5 when we have our WR's and OL back, then we can decide if the coaching staff can do their jobs.  Right now, there's no way to know. 

On Defense, different story, the type of chunk plays Gregg Williams' defense is giving up is alarming considering the low amount of injuries and the amount of draft and FA capital we've spent on that side of the ball.  If fans need someone to hate on right now, Gregg Williams is the target, not anyone on O.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

On Defense, different story, the type of chunk plays Gregg Williams' defense is giving up is alarming considering the low amount of injuries and the amount of draft and FA capital we've spent on that side of the ball.  If fans need someone to hate on right now, Gregg Williams is the target, not anyone on O.

The Jets are 30th in money allocated to defense in the NFL.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/defense/

Most of the draft capital you reference is no longer in the league or on the Jets. Who exactly is Gregg Williams working with?

• Post of the Week 2

On 9/26/2020 at 10:50 AM, SAR I said:

Why don't you recognize the league-high injuries?

We had 18 players on IR last year and currently have 14 on IR or PUP, make that 15 with opt-outs, and it's Week 2.

SAR I

Doesn't Gase led teams tend to always be injured?  Maybe that has something to do with him.

• Upvote 1

I still want to convince Bill Cowher to return to coaching for our Jets. 

He could become what Bill Parcells was for our 1997 Jets following our 1996 1-16 disaster. 

And bring respect back to NY Jets front office. 

Trevor Lawrence + Bill Cowher + 4 1st round picks over the next two drafts = back on the map. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Jets fans are obsessed with Titans and Tannehill only cos of the Gase connection... it wouldnt be happening otherwise.

Derrick Henry was 2ndin DYAR the year before-2018. Titans went 9-7 behind Mariota and Gabbert

Tanny had shown some decent QBing during his time Miami...

Losmeister

Some Jets fans maybe obsessed for the reason you stated but I like them for the type of football that they play. A Ball control running game and strong D. Many here disagree as they say the game has changed. If you can control the game with the run you keep the ball out of the other teams hands they can’t score. Have a dominant D that gets you the ball back quickly you just can continue to wear the opposing teams D out then by the fourth quarter you have imposed your will on them and run the ball some more. that will always be a winning formula in the NFL in my opinion. 

21 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Losmeister

Some Jets fans maybe obsessed for the reason you stated but I like them for the type of football that they play. A Ball control running game and strong D. Many here disagree as they say the game has changed. If you can control the game with the run you keep the ball out of the other teams hands they can’t score. Have a dominant D that gets you the ball back quickly you just can continue to wear the opposing teams D out then by the fourth quarter you have imposed your will on them and run the ball some more. that will always be a winning formula in the NFL in my opinion. 

Yup. And we have exactly ZERO parts of that formula...  so itneeds to be from the ground up,rebuilt.

No good running game. No good D. 

So, to be constantly making comparison to what the Titans O is doing is like saying, just floor it coming out ofturn three and

get up to 120 mph on teh straightaway ...whenyour driving a 66 VW Bus....   

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Yup. And we have exactly ZERO parts of that formula...  so itneeds to be from the ground up,rebuilt.

No good running game. No good D. 

So, to be constantly making comparison to what the Titans O is doing is like saying, just floor it coming out ofturn three and

get up to 120 mph on teh straightaway ...whenyour driving a 66 VW Bus....   

Not comparing just am hoping that JD builds this team in the same mold as Walt Michaels Bill Parcells  Rex Ryan and now the Titans. Good hard nosed tough teams that can dominate through strong Defense and dominant running game as a strong running game always travels well and is good in the cold and inclement weather 

• Upvote 1

On 9/25/2020 at 11:17 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't know who I want as the next head coach but I'm willing to listen and educate myself on any potential candidates. So far, this article is the most convincing case I've seen for Gase's replacement. 

I know Bieniemy is the hottest name around, but I'm not completely sold on him. As I detailed in the MNF thread, I've loved Andy Reid and followed him since his days in Philly, and this iteration of the Chiefs offense has the same feel as it did when when Bieniemy was just the RB coach there. The reason is because the offense is still 95% Andy. Bieniemy gets credit for some of the fun play designs that he's brought to the offense, but then I'd imagine that's easy to do when you've got an all-time talent at QB with all pro TE, WR, and solid OL. 

• 3 weeks later...