Crowder & Perriman officially out

Doggin94it

42 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

At least look into a trade for someone like Robinson or Smith-Schuster. Hell, even a guy like Curtis Samuel.

No.  Absolutely not.

You do not sell vital long-term assets for tomorrow for short-term expensive "fixes" today that won't make ANY difference to our season.

Darnold can and will be evaluated on how HE plays.  The weak WR group will assuredly be factored into that evaluation.  But if Darnold overthrows an open WR by 10 feet, or never sees him in the first place, that will be part of his evaluation, rightfully so.

Contrary to popular opinion, you get a better evaluation of a man in hard times than you do in perfect wonderful times.

Great support can mask alot of problems, just ask Mark Sanchez, who was never as good as he looked when he had great players at most positions around him.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Agreed but Perriman has been a walking injury his entire career.

Relying on this guy to be your default #1 based on a 5 game stretch last season was a big mistake.

Perriman is the perfect Jet

https://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/43300/what-can-ravens-learn-from-breshad-perriman-the-nfls-worst-ranked-wr

Corey Coleman is next I feel it in my bones if our roommates don't beat us to it and bring him back first.

17 minutes ago, Gibby said:

In other news.... Today is Friday.

Good news is our game this week isn't till the 4PM slot, so we do not have to go threw too much time of what will be left of the weekend to lament it. Unless we somehow win or at least be competitive. Still holding out hope. X factor Perine runs all over the Colts?. Stranger thing have happened.

20 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Agreed. I love a lot of what Douglas has done and you can't blame him for injuries to Mims, Crowder and Perriman but he should have signed Anderson or drafted another WR to give this team more depth at the position. 

TBH, Cager is in essence probably as good a draft prospect as a 6th rounder or so and that is what JD did as far as getting another WR at this point. Cager should be active this week, so lets see what he can do. We can't get much separation between our WRs and the opposing DBs, but maybe someone as big as Cager 6 foot 5 over 200 lbs can make some jump./contests ball catches. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No.  Absolutely not.

You do not sell vital assets for tomorrow for short-term expensive "fixes" today that won't make ANY difference to our season.

Darnold can and will be evaluated on how HE plays.  The weak WR group will assuredly be factored into that evaluation.  But if Darnold overthrows an open WR by 10 feet, or never sees him in the first place, that will be part of his evaluation, rightfully so.

Contrary to popular opinion, you get a better evaluation of a man in hard times than you do in perfect wonderful times.

Great support can mask alot of problems, just ask Mark Sanchez, who was never as good as he looked when he had great players at most positions around him.

Buying expensive wippnz for Darnold would be like putting $2,500 rims on an 1992 Sentra.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No.  Absolutely not.

You do not sell vital assets for tomorrow for short-term expensive "fixes" today that won't make ANY difference to our season.

Exactly, like last week for example Sam had a great game. The he didn’t have eye popping stats but he played well considering his circumstances. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Might as well be at this point 

Then trade Darnold now and start focking Falk or failing Fales just to be sure we get the #1 pick. You know we will go 2-14 tied with some other team who will then get the #1 pick based on some stupid geometric. 

43 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Agreed. I love a lot of what Douglas has done and you can't blame him for injuries to Mims, Crowder and Perriman but he should have signed Anderson or drafted another WR to give this team more depth at the position. 

I agree we should have drafted another WR but we are down our top 5 WR, really unheard of.

Perriman-out

Crowder- out

Mims-out

V. Smyth- out

J. Smith- out

even hogan is banged up and moncrief I believe is injured still also

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

LOL

Darnold has been put in an impossible situation.

I know Douglas wants to stockpile picks, but Jesus Christ. At least look into a trade for someone like Robinson or Smith-Schuster. Hell, even a guy like Curtis Samuel.

It should be a f*cking crime what the Jets have done to this kid.

I remember saying to myself that you'll never see a team try to actively screw their QB the way the jets screwed up Sanchez, but here we are. I shoulda known.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Barkus said:

I agree we should have drafted another WR but we are down our top 5 WR, really unheard of.

Perriman-out

Crowder- out

Mims-out

V. Smyth- out

J. Smith- out

even hogan is banged up and moncrief I believe is injured still also

Not to mention bell.  I think the only person who darnold even threw to in training camp who can play is berrios

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

image.png

And the racing stripe. Don't forget the racing stripe.

Badass ?

Looks like my car w/o the goodies. It’s like driving Ms. Daisy from 0-60 then at 61 it just explodes into hyperdrive and I fly by bmw’s etc.  Honda V-tech engine is bizarre.