Crowder & Perriman officially out

Doggin94it

10 minutes ago, Barkus said:

I agree we should have drafted another WR but we are down our top 5 WR, really unheard of.

Perriman-out

Crowder- out

Mims-out

V. Smyth- out

J. Smith- out

even hogan is banged up and moncrief I believe is injured still also

Don't forget Doctson who opted out

I agree we should have drafted another WR but we are down our top 5 WR, really unheard of.

Perriman-out

Crowder- out

Mims-out

V. Smyth- out

J. Smith- out

Perriman-out

Crowder- out

Mims-out

V. Smyth- out

J. Smith- out

39 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Exactly, like last week for example Sam had a great game. The he didn’t have eye popping stats but he played well considering his circumstances. 

Great?  No.  He was just "fine".  And that is exactly the best you'll ever really see out of Darnold.  At his best he's "fine".  

People love throwing the word "great" around here for our sh*tty/mediocre QB's.  It's as if people don't watch the rest of the league at all.

For as bad as our circumstances were, the 49ers were missing half their team too.  We need better than "fine".  

1 hour ago, UnknownJetFan said:

TBH, Cager is in essence probably as good a draft prospect as a 6th rounder or so and that is what JD did as far as getting another WR at this point. Cager should be active this week, so lets see what he can do. We can't get much separation between our WRs and the opposing DBs, but maybe someone as big as Cager 6 foot 5 over 200 lbs can make some jump./contests ball catches. 

He also got Doctson who opted out to covid. 

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Great?  No.  He was just "fine".  And that is exactly the best you'll ever really see out of Darnold.  At his best he's "fine".  

People love throwing the word "great" around here for our sh*tty/mediocre QB's.  It's as if people don't watch the rest of the league at all.

For as bad as our circumstances were, the 49ers were missing half their team too.  We need better than "fine".  

Wait so you're suggesting that last week is the best you've seen Darnold play?

21 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Sam was fine last week. Made the throws he was asked to make 

People don't want to believe this, but he actually did.

He had a short miss early in the game and missed Malone for a 1st down early in the 2nd half. The only other mistake I think Sam made was in the redzone before Herndon dropped the TD (which was a beautiful throw). On that play, Sam was to quick to go to the underneath route (Berrios I think) for no gain instead of letting the TE & WR get into the endzone and maybe come free. And he wasn't under pressure on that throw either so there was no need to go underneath. He could have waited for the play to develop

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

When people were lamenting injuries to Vincynt Smith and Jeff smith, you knew this roster was in a laughable state

Those sound like excuses.

I'd still expect Mario Andretti to win the Indianapolis 500 even if he was driving a Toyota Corolla with one flat tire!

A great driver can elevate the car around him and still win races, no matter how crappy the vehicle.

Amirite?

20 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The one who is going to stay in Clemson another year once he finds out we have the #1 pick

While I'm tempted to agree with you based on the incredibly low opinion the football world has of the Jets organization, I don't think that Lawrence or any of the young athletes of today for that matter are going to put an uncashed lottery ticket in their pocket and sit on it for a year.  No way.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

No.  Absolutely not.

You do not sell vital long-term assets for tomorrow for short-term expensive "fixes" today that won't make ANY difference to our season.

Darnold can and will be evaluated on how HE plays.  The weak WR group will assuredly be factored into that evaluation.  But if Darnold overthrows an open WR by 10 feet, or never sees him in the first place, that will be part of his evaluation, rightfully so.

Contrary to popular opinion, you get a better evaluation of a man in hard times than you do in perfect wonderful times.

Great support can mask alot of problems, just ask Mark Sanchez, who was never as good as he looked when he had great players at most positions around him.

Well thank God JD doesn't have to worry about that. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mark78 said:

It’s blatantly obvious that Douglas doesn’t mind losing every game this year.  He is looking to the future and does not give a damn about winning anything this year

And with CJ’s blessing of gase, you have to believe that douglas has the Johnson’s blessing to lose this year, and that gase is the best man to land the top draft pick next year.  These are the pieces of the puzzle that aren’t visible.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

While I'm tempted to agree with you based on the incredibly low opinion the football world has of the Jets organization, I don't think that Lawrence or any of the young athletes of today for that matter are going to put an uncashed lottery ticket in their pocket and sit on it for a year.  No way.

After seeing us wreck Sam watch