Trevor Talk

JetBlue

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Virginia ...really ??? I'd step it up and go NC... Raleigh.would love the Jets .. they are all NYers now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

My dream, a Richmond Generals who play somewhere North or East of the city itself, and represent the geographic area of South Northern VA, Central VA, Southern VA and Northern NC/Outer Banks.  The Region has the more than enough size for it (Hampton Roads alone is one of the largest metro areas without a pro sports team) between those regions, just too far dispersed really.

Anything to get a VIRGINIA team, not a DC/Redskins team. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GodDamnSnack said:

That's a terrible argument. Look at the most recent SB winning teams and let me know which ones won a title due to tanking.

Most of the recent SB winning teams are the cheating Patriots.

The Panthers got to a SB by tanking their way to Cam Newton.  The Colts won a Super Bowl and had several successful years with Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck, two # 1 overall picks.  The Cardinals turned their franchise around with Kyler Murray.

But sure, let's hope for more meaningless wins in December and for the Jets to be in position to draft another Leonard Williams.  That's worked out great for this franchise.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Panthers got to a SB by tanking their way to Cam Newton.  The Colts won a Super Bowl and had several successful years with Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck, two # 1 overall picks.  The Cardinals turned their franchise around with Kyler Murray.

But sure, let's hope for more meaningless wins in December and for the Jets to be in position to draft another Leonard Williams.  That's worked out great for this franchise.

But if we tank and get the number one pick how will we do our annual restock of the DL???

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GodDamnSnack said:

That's a terrible argument. Look at the most recent SB winning teams and let me know which ones won a title due to tanking.

Teams that win SBs have great QBs, best way to get a great QB is to finish with a really bad record or trade up.  There are exceptions like drafting Russell Wilson or that guy in tampa but few SBs are won by non 1st round QBs.

20 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

We lose some too.

On a number of occasion in the past three years we've lost out on top FA's who took less money to go somewhere else.  Those are facts. It's not something we just hear - it's something we've seen proven out.

You'll always get the guys that are going to go to the highest bidder but you're also going to get the guys that choose $15mm over three years instead of $16mm over three years and be in an organization that isn't entirely incompetent.

Please, we dont lose out on more players than any other team, thats the point, not that when some player went to a SB type team or that a player stayed with his team.  Throwing number scenarios as opposed to actual examples is telling

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Trevor will not come here.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, TMAC said:

Listening to ESPN radio.  they were talking about Trevor Lawrence and how he has come up small in big games. (I don't know if this is true since I don't follow college football that closely).  In any event, even if the Jets get the first pick and use it on Lawrence, it is no guarantee that he will turn things around.  In fact, considering the Jet's storied history, it is very unlikely.  Are you familiar with the "Myth of Sisyphus?"

The only game he has lost in his college career was when he faced a much better LSU team for the national championship last year.  His team went undefeated when he was a true frosh and won the NC.

I wish people could explain how that means that he has come up short in big games because his teams have only lost ONE game since he's been the QB.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

22 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Kelechi Osemele, Robby Anderson, Brandon Shell, etc. are all guys starting on the offenses of other NFL teams.  Apparently, the Jets O is so deep that they don't need those kinds of players.  My guess is Sam Darnold is taking the Steelers to the playoffs in 2023.

Watch Robby go for 1,400 yards and 10+ tds without Gase

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I'll be honest, I don't think Trevor would play here after how we handled Sanchez and Sam. I wouldn't blame him either. 

I haven't read much of this thread are we hoping for Gase to stay all year and get #1 or are we hoping we fire Gase and Sam shows something under the new OC?

After seeing us destroy Sam Darnold who anyone with a brain knows is a very talented young QB why would Lawrence come here?  Why do people think Lawrence is elevating this crappy roster and coach?

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

After seeing us destroy Sam Darnold who anyone with a brain knows is a very talented young QB why would Lawrence come here?  Why do people think Lawrence is elevating this crappy roster and coach?

Lawrence will reset clock on the rookie contract and gives jd time to improve the roster. And he has chance to really do that this year with much better FA class and extra draft picks . Not to mention it Would more Attractive to a HC to draft his own QB.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, RobR said:

The only game he has lost in his college career was when he faced a much better LSU team for the national championship last year.  His team went undefeated when he was a true frosh and won the NC.

I wish people could explain how that means that he has come up short in big games because his teams have only lost ONE game since he's been the QB.

Agreed.  It’s an odd indictment.  People forget that the Alabama team Trevor beat in the Natty as a true freshman was being called one of the best college teams ever earlier that season...Lol.   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Lawrence will reset clock on the rookie contract and gives jd time to improve the roster. And he has chance to really do that this year with much better FA class and extra draft picks . Not to mention it Would more Attractive to a HC to draft his own QB.

Wishful thinking at best

If Chase Young is out for any period of time Washington will struggle to win many more games. Their defensive line is their strength and Young already looked among the league's best. Haskins is probably the worst starting QB in the league.

The Giants are also f*cking abysmal. Jones looking bad enough for them to consider a QB as well. He was pretty good in week one, poor last week and an absolute disaster today.

Bengals will be in the mix but obviously wont go QB. They'd trade out. 

Still no one quite on our level of uncompetitive suck. Let's see how we look today. 

14 hours ago, RobR said:

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  It’s an odd indictment.  People forget that the Alabama team Trevor beat in the Natty as a true freshman was being called one of the best college teams ever earlier that season...Lol.   

Any argument that sets up a scenario to give Darnold more time--his supporters cling to hope to win the debate. Saw the same w/Sanchez and Geno. It's always the same story with the Jets.

• Upvote 1